Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

I don't know why any Republican is standing by him - the TV attack ads write themselves in the future, with Trumps words about assaulting women being overlaid by the Republican pledging support for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

hmmm wrote: »
    I don't know why any Republican is standing by him - the TV attack ads write themselves in the future, with Trumps words about assaulting women being overlaid by the Republican pledging support for him.

That's why they're jumping ship. It'll be in waves now that a few prominent ones have gone and by the end only a few hardcore supporters will stick with him. He's toxic at this stage and the likes of Ryan are smart enough to look at the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Dr. Jill Stein (Green) and Gary Johnson (Libertarian) are still getting support.

If Johnson pulled out how much would go to Trump ?

I've already pointed out that up to 11% of voters could be disenfranchised because of Photo ID rules.

Also there's also the problems of voter turnout.

And Diebold eVoting machines.

Johnson was taking more supporters from Clinton than Trump last time I checked which was a few months ago admittingly.

Gary simply is more comfortable talking about open borders,weed, gay marriage, abortion etc which puts off a lot of moderate republicans.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,754 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Jayop wrote: »
    That's why they're jumping ship. It'll be in waves now that a few prominent ones have gone and by the end only a few hardcore supporters will stick with him. He's toxic at this stage and the likes of Ryan are smart enough to look at the long term.

It's arguably too late. They stood by him as he made derogatory statements about Mexicans, advocated killing of families of suspected terrorists, advocated waterboarding even if it didn't turn up any information and after the tape ONLY then disassociate themselves. It's a long road back, and Christie, Gulianni and Hannity (the best of the lot) are royally screwed. He is, without a doubt the worst candidate they ever put forward (worse than Palin and that's saying something) and it'll take some time before they can claim innocence.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Jayop wrote: »
    He's toxic at this stage and the likes of Ryan are smart enough to look at the long term.
    Rubio and Cruz have said they still support him. Whatever about Rubio, I don't know what Cruz is up to - he hates him. It has to be a strategy for the future to try and carry the 70% of Repubs who still support Trump, but it's a risky one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

hmmm wrote: »
    Rubio and Cruz have said they still support him. Whatever about Rubio, I don't know what Cruz is up to - he hates him. It has to be a strategy for the future to try and carry the 70% of Repubs who still support Trump, but it's a risky one.

Ted is probably afraid that if he crosses Donald, Wikileaks will release his father's emails from 63 when he was plotting the Kennedy assassination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Feline Grabber

Poor Cruz, he arrived on the ship to see everyone jumping into the lifeboats. I could almost feel sorry for him if he wasnt a ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Poor Cruz, he arrived on the ship to see everyone jumping into the lifeboats. I could almost feel sorry for him if he wasnt a ****.

Second biggest c*nt in the entire election cycle, and the only other person I'm confident Clinton would probably have beaten in the general election.

So naturally, he came second in the Republican primaries... and far ahead of 3rd and 4th! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

At times like this, I really feel sorry for Trump's Campaign Manager du jour, Kellyanne Conway. Poor soul could use a day off ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

bnt wrote: »
    At times like this, I really feel sorry for Trump's Campaign Manager du jour, Kellyanne Conway. Poor soul could use a day off ...

I wonder what the role of a campaign manager in trumps camp is , possibly to spend days cringing in the closet texting recruitment firms.

• Advertisement

Maybe we need to consider a major UN peace keeping mission to the USA ,things are looking like they might get rough. !!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37613971
    US investor Warren Buffett has released his tax details after Republican candidate Donald Trump accused him of using loopholes to avoid paying tax.

Mr Buffett said he had paid income tax every year since 1944

Mrs Clinton has released her 2015 tax return, showing that she and her husband Bill paid a 34% rate of federal tax and a 9% rate of state tax on a total income of $10.5m..

Talk the talk , walk the walk

and yes I'm very upset at the rate of tax the 1% pay given that global poverty could have been eradicated during the recession if the richest 100 people had paid PRSI / USC on their increase in income :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

BoatMad wrote: »
    Maybe we need to consider a major UN peace keeping mission to the USA ,things are looking like they might get rough. !!!
    Not a chance.

The Militias have been preparing for the Blue Helmets for years.

Their only bigger fear is the King Of England demanding his colonies back.

Not a chance.

The Militias have been preparing for the Blue Helmets for years.

Their only bigger fear is the King Of England demanding his colonies back.

Sure 150 blue capped Irish lads can hold back thousands of them , no worries with militias , their usually full of fat guys that actually can't shoot well anyway

As for the King of England , we might have to wait a few years yet to get one of those

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Trump is a busted flush and good riddance. Couldn't have happened to a better person.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,808 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

How do you know this is true? I don't know that it's not true. But you don't know that it is true
    Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Hmmm. C'mon man. That's a bit of a stretch. Let's change a few of the word in his quote

Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re their boss, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.
    Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re their professor, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.
    Still innocuous?

I mean in fairness. It's a bit of a Jimmy Saville excuse

• Registered Users Posts: 19,808 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Oh, I almost forgot who I was there for a minute

Grab them by the pussies!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

There would seem to be no way back for Trump now.

Clinton is now rated as an 88% chance of winning by NY times. In a two horse race that is a big big number (I know there are four horses in this particular race).

Paddy Power will give you 4/1 on Trump to win. Die hard Trump fans will doubtless jump at that as easy money!

Poll numbers released in the last few days showing her with anything from a 5 to 11 point lead.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/elections/polls.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Utdfan20titles

If Trump grabs Hilary by the pussy will he get more votes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

How do you know this is true? I don't know that it's not true. But you don't know that it is true

Hmmm. C'mon man. That's a bit of a stretch. Let's change a few of the word in his quote

Still innocuous?

I mean in fairness. It's a bit of a Jimmy Saville excuse

I agree with Donald Trump for once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

Billy86 wrote: »
    Nope, 49 to Clinton's 115 (scroll down to 'solid Trump' and 'solid Clinton') - http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_elections_electoral_college_map.html

If you include the 'likely' states as already decided, he's at 96 to Clinton's 163. Everything in the middle has been moving towards Clinton in increasing numbers in recent weeks. And there are almost no polls that I have seen that have been conducted in full since the 'pussy' video broke.

Where did you get 154 vs 191?

I got it from here,

Not sure if I'm miss reading it. 'Strong republican' and 'strong democratic' states. Maybe that's a bit different to realclearpolitics.com 'in the bag' interpretation.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭CdeC

The thing is, if Clinton gets elected, and all the anti Trump people cheer away, in 4 years time does anyone think the problems that led to this lunatic coming this close to the white house will be gone? Does anyone believe the trend will stop?

The swing to the right in Europe and America does not seem to be stopping anytime soon and the Republicans are aware of that. They know if Clinton wins this election that in 2020 they just need to come along with a mid-right slightly less insane candidate and they'll steam roll it.

Even before then, they'll likely retain control of the house and the senate and by the mid terms the Republicans will dominate the legislative branch completely.

Clinton will win, but will her presidency just be a one term, lame duck congress blocking legacy?

Ok I get you.
    So do you think we would be better that Trump get elected. Let America get it out of their system and then we can all move on in 2020.
    Interesting proposal.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Winterlong wrote: »
    There would seem to be no way back for Trump now.

Clinton is now rated as an 88% chance of winning by NY times. In a two horse race that is a big big number (I know there are four horses in this particular race).

Paddy Power will give you 4/1 on Trump to win. Die hard Trump fans will doubtless jump at that as easy money!

Poll numbers released in the last few days showing her with anything from a 5 to 11 point lead.

Poll Type/Count Clinton/Trump

Online/1,757 46/41 Clinton +5
    Phone/806 46/37 Clinton +9
    Online/1,500 44/39 Clinton +5
    Online/1,367 50/44 Clinton +6
    Phone/886 49/38 Clinton +11
    Online/23,329 51/44 Clinton +7
    Online/1,390 45/41 Clinton +4
    Online/1,135 44/38 Clinton +6
    Phone/1,064 45/40 Clinton +5
    Phone/896 44/42 Clinton +2
    total=34,130

Big number based on 0.015% of voters

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

total=34,130

I'm not sure you grasp how polls work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

Lincoln had to be convinced to go with the 13th Amendment, the opposite to what the movie tells you. Lincoln invaded another country and locked up dissenters.

What is wrong with Brexit? It is happening, Article 50 will be triggered in March.

Trump voters really are insane nut jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

If Trump had any moral fibre he'd withdraw now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

total=34,130

Doubt if they pointed the other direction you would be as critical

Also you really should do some research into how polls work

If Trump had any moral fibre he'd withdraw now.

I think the one thing we can categorically say we know about Trump , is that he hadn't an ounce of moral fibre.

The Duck is dead in the water. Soon all we'll see is his legs sticking up out of the pond

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

BoatMad wrote: »
    I think the one thing we can categorically say we know about Trump , is that he hadn't an ounce of moral fibre.

The Duck is dead in the water. Soon all we'll see is his legs sticking up out of the pond

Hopefully the margins will be as comfortable as the polls seem to be indicating. As late as this week, Trump has been talking about voter fraud in Pennsylvania and he's previously indicated that he might not accept defeat. His gimp, Roger Stone spoke about "bloodbaths" in the event of a Trump loss. However it'll be hard to refute the legitimacy of a Clinton victory if the polls are correct and he's lost the backing of your party's hierarchy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

jooksavage wrote:
    Hopefully the margins will be as comfortable as the polls seem to be indicating. As late as this week, Trump has been talking about voter fraud in Pennsylvania and he's previously indicated that he might not accept defeat. His gimp, Roger Stone spoke about "bloodbaths" in the event of a Trump loss. However it'll be hard to refute the legitimacy of a Clinton victory if the polls are correct and he's lost the backing of your party's hierarchy.
    That more sounds like a dog whistle for armed white men to show up outside polling stations asking minorities to prove their eligibility to vote.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement