Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Wonder what the Donald's private view on abortion is as he is on record pro life and pro choice!

DT doesn't give a **** about abortion, fetal-rights or women's rights. He is an out and out charlatan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

DT doesn't give a **** about abortion, fetal-rights or women's rights. He is an out and out charlatan.

So you think Trumper satisfies your "fairly universal definition of hypocrisy."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

looks like Putin want's Trump to win

This just makes me like Trump even more.

I genuinely admire Putin because he is literally Bond villain who is somehow a global leader in 2016.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Christy42 wrote: »
    Do you believe Hillary has been fighting ISIS her entire adult life?

He doubled down on Hillary and Obama cofounding ISIS. No in a sort of way or anything. He was given a chance to clarify his exact meaning and doubled down.

His foreign policy is to let Russia do whatever it wants and to shout ISIS a lot.

Asking me well no would be my answer. And, anyway, what difference does it make? Isis was a branch of Al Qaeda. They where a group under the leadership of Abu Musab al Zarqawi when he was killed, Baghdadi took over and expanded the group in Syria.

Reality is though i not aware of any Assad Forces that have attacked Europe the west in 20 years. So why are we supporting and arming jihad groups inside Syria who will turn on us one day and attack Western targets and people here? Do you think Trump is wrong to say we don't know who those moderates are?

Do you think we should just allow Assad to stay and hes was not destroying the country till the fanatics in the west and middle east got involved? Russia is a Syrian ally do you think its ok to just allow fanatics to takeover another country and then go on murder spree? Isis has literally murdered thousands and thousands of innocents and when this all over we be finding mass graves for years to come. And never mind allowing fanatics to takeover will lead to even more mass migrations to Europe and causing instability here.

So you think Trumper satisfies your "fairly universal definition of hypocrisy."

I consider Trump a hypocrite. Full disclosure though, that would be among the very least of the negative adjectives I'd ascribe to the fascist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Grayson wrote: »
    People keep saying that she's corrupt. The best examples that are offered are Benghazi and her emails. She's been found not to be responsible for Benghazi by republicans.
    As a nerd I have to say that I was surprised when I found that she was using a personal server. I thought that was dumb. But then again every other secretary of state has done the same.

She might not be perfect but she's far better than not just Trump but nearly every other politician out there.

http://benghazi.house.gov/NewInfo Republicans do blame hillary for the failures and rightly so.

She broke the law and then tried to cover it up be deleting emails to cover her tracks.She put her country at great risk talking about national and foreign security issues on a personal computer at her home. Anyone else they be in jail serving time.

Neocon American view of things. We are the number 1 country in the world. Anyone stands in our way we use economic and military strength to stop them. A American Neocon (hilary) will do what is needed to maintain American hegemony. It was outlined here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_for_the_New_American_Century

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

First Up wrote: »
    But it must be remembered that both parties' candidates were selected by the members of those parties. So if Trump represents a protest vote, then the Republican Party is protesting against itself.
    I think what this showed up was the self-servingness of the party delegates and super delegates. They all leaned towards the popular candidate, hang their hat on the guy who seems to be in favour, and try and grab some of that glory for yourself. It doesn't matter who that is so long as I'm seen to have given him my support.
    In effect, it's a betting competition - delegates aren't voting for the one they want to win, they're voting for the one they think will win so that candidate might remember them when in office.

And no doubt the word in the meeting rooms was that the GOP could keep a leash on him like they did with previous presidents. Unfortunately when you're already wealthy and don't specifically *need* to be powerful except to satisfy your own ego, there's very little a room full of influential politicians can do to control you. At this stage you could release a candid video showing trump beating up a child and he wouldn't step out of the race.

I guess Trump could be applauded in one way for exposing the absolute farce that is the GOP & DNC nomination processes and smearing eggs all over the faces of the Republican party.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

.She put her country at great risk talking about national and foreign security issues on a personal computer at her home. Anyone else they be in jail serving time.

Apart from Condoleeza Rice, George Bush, Bobby Jindal, Jeb Bush, Colin Powell, Karl Rove, Scott Walker, Marco Rubio, Chris Christie, Rick Perry, Scott Jennings, Susan Ralston, and others. They're all in prison, right?

Oh.

Oh, and if you want to look for the five million missing emails from the Bush presidency...

http://benghazi.house.gov/NewInfo Republicans do blame hillary for the failures and rightly so.

She broke the law and then tried to cover it up be deleting emails to cover her tracks.She put her country at great risk talking about national and foreign security issues on a personal computer at her home. Anyone else they be in jail serving time.

Neocon American view of things. We are the number 1 country in the world. Anyone stands in our way we use economic and military strength to stop them. A American Neocon (hilary) will do what is needed to maintain American hegemony. It was outlined here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_for_the_New_American_Century

The same Republicans who voted to deny extra funding for embassies? You know, the centre of the Benghazi attack?

I like that the Republican party is no longer the party of the neo-cons... whilst simultaneously engaging in the most masturbatory American exceptionalism of a modern election.

Remember when Republicans (rightly) denounced Obama and his supporters for his messianic rhetoric and for being too much of celebrity and embracing moral decay?

Those same Republicans are now endorsing a man who literally proclaims 'I alone can save you' who also declared that his celebrity status entitled him to sexually assault women.

Well done.

(edit. the rightly above relates purely to the messianics that the Obama campaign engaged in not the latter clauses of that sentence)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭tigger123

seamus wrote: »
    I think what this showed up was the self-servingness of the party delegates and super delegates. They all leaned towards the popular candidate, hang their hat on the guy who seems to be in favour, and try and grab some of that glory for yourself. It doesn't matter who that is so long as I'm seen to have given him my support.
    In effect, it's a betting competition - delegates aren't voting for the one they want to win, they're voting for the one they think will win so that candidate might remember them when in office.

And no doubt the word in the meeting rooms was that the GOP could keep a leash on him like they did with previous presidents. Unfortunately when you're already wealthy and don't specifically *need* to be powerful except to satisfy your own ego, there's very little a room full of influential politicians can do to control you. At this stage you could release a candid video showing trump beating up a child and he wouldn't step out of the race.

I guess Trump could be applauded in one way for exposing the absolute farce that is the GOP & DNC nomination processes and smearing eggs all over the faces of the Republican party.

The bolded part reminded me of Boris rugby tackling that Chinese kid.

But seriously, Trump supporters for the most part dont give a fiddlers about the GOP. It's one of the most damaging things about the Trump campaign; how it's hijacked and divided the party.

• Advertisement

tigger123 wrote: »
    The bolded part reminded me of Boris rugby tackling that Chinese kid.

But seriously, Trump supporters for the most part dont give a fiddlers about the GOP. It's one of the most damaging things about the Trump campaign; how it's hijacked and divided the party.

Agreed. Personally I think that the most damaging thing of the Trump campaign has been that he, a fascist, racist, bigot, charlatan, virulent misogynist, sexual assault enthusiast, Putinista, economic illiterate, hypocrite, vulgar thug, has demonstrated that approximately 40% of the US population is willling to embrace all of the above.

Even if he loses there is no way to forget this.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Bambi wrote: »
    I reckon his only hope is that Clinton has a stroke or something
    Way too late for that.

Especially since there are a lot of people who could vote anti-Trump without having to get Clinton into the White House.

At this stage an inanimate carbon rod could replace Clinton and still have a chance.

Agreed. Personally I think that the most damaging thing of the Trump campaign has been that he, a fascist, racist, bigot, charlatan, virulent misogynist, sexual assault enthusiast, Putinista, economic illiterate, hypocrite, vulgar thug, has demonstrated that approximately 40% of the US population is willling to embrace all of the above.

Even if he loses there is no way to forget this.

I think Trump is a scumbag, through and through, but he's tapping into something that's going on at the moment. Much like Brexit did. What exactly that is I don't know, but it's very real.

I think people need to separate Trump the scumbag person, from the political movement he's leading, and the people following him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭ebbsy

ablelocks wrote: »
    part of me wants trump to get elected, just to see what happens...

It would be great.

CrookedliarHillary would be boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

538 giving Clinton 340 electoral college votes to Trump's 197. Thats a massacre.

Real Clear Politics showing Clinton a lock for 260 to Trump's 195. That means Trump would need 75 of the remaining 112 "swing" votes and Clinton needs just 10.

And Trump is trailing in 97 of them.

538 giving Clinton 340 electoral college votes to Trump's 197. Thats a massacre.

Real Clear Politics showing Clinton a lock for 260 to Trump's 195. That means Trump would need 75 of the remaining 112 "swing" votes and Clinton needs just 10.

And Trump is trailing in 97 of them.

Its over as a contest. It's Clinton's to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

but he's tapping into something that's going on at the moment. Much like Brexit did. What exactly that is I don't know, but it's very real.

Racism and ignorance?

Nonsense.

The media has been writing off Trump since before he began his authoritarian gambit for control of the greatest nuclear power in the world.

They have been wrong in every instance.

They are wrong now. He will win.

Racism and ignorance?

It's too easy to write it off as racism and ignorance. He's an anti establishment candidate, much like Sanders was.

tigger123 wrote:

She won't. The more interesting thing is how much of the GOP edifice Trump pulls down with him in terms of Congress.

• Advertisement

See you on November 9th.

See you on November 9th.

Ahem. I think you'll find the election is November 28th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Perhaps it's like the Republican race. People didnt believe what was happening, but it happened.

Nobody should call the American public stupid or underestimate them. They might take a chance with Trump because they want craziness.

There is also still one more debate. Score is tied at 1-1 on my view but he will have more confidence going in to it.

It's not as clear cut as the polls suggest.

ebbsy wrote: »
    Perhaps it's like the Republican race. People didnt believe what was happening, but it happened.

Nobody should call the American public stupid or underestimate them. They might take a chance with Trump because they want craziness.

There is also still one more debate. Score is tied at 1-1 on my view but he will have more confidence going in to it.

It's not as clear cut as the polls suggest.

Its not down to the debates though. Neither is going to win or lose it based upon their debate performance. Everyone's mind is already made up IMO. Can't see how it couldn't be. You're either with or against Trump, and most are against.

tigger123 wrote:
    Ahem. I think you'll find the election is November 28th.

I'll see you on the 9th too then.

See you on November 9th.

I know you meant that as a 'check you later bitch'-esque quip... but I will be incredibly happy to be clocked on the 9th if I am wrong.

Unfortunately I don't think I will be.

Unfortunately I don't think I will be.

You will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Nonsense.

The media has been writing off Trump since before he began his authoritarian gambit for control of the greatest nuclear power in the world.

They have been wrong in every instance.

No, it's done. Just look at the polls. He is about as likely to fail to get 100 EC votes as he is to get over 200 - and he needs 270. That's why the GOP establishment dropped him like nobody's business over the weekend.

He is further behind in states like Pennsylvania and Virginia than he is ahead in Texas and South Carolina, neither of which have gone Dem since the 70s. He was on the brink of losing Arizona before McCain (a fecking God of sorts there) denounced him, and Georgia has even slipped into 'toss up state' territory. And all this despite there hardly being any polls available yet from after the second debate or more importantly, the pussy video.

He's not in danger - he is done. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_elections_electoral_college_map.html

And if you think the polls are not a good indicator, take a look at what they were predicting for the Republican primaries, all the way back from around early/mid November of last year - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_Republican_Party_2016_presidential_primaries

The same polls that also pretty much nailed the 2012 election. And the 2012 Republican primaries. And the 2008 election. And the 2008 Republican primaries. And the 2008 Democratic primaries.

He's not in deep trouble, he's finished. Which is why the GOP have conceded the White House, so as to not automatically lose the Senate and risk even losing the House of Representatives as well.

You will be.

I hope so. Genuinely.

But I'm not going to settle into complacency like so many Remainers did.

I'll keep banging my anti-fascist (possibly hysteric) klaxon until Trump has been driven into the dust and I can put my fingers through the wholes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Christy42

Asking me well no would be my answer. And, anyway, what difference does it make? Isis was a branch of Al Qaeda. They where a group under the leadership of Abu Musab al Zarqawi when he was killed, Baghdadi took over and expanded the group in Syria.

Reality is though i not aware of any Assad Forces that have attacked Europe the west in 20 years. So why are we supporting and arming jihad groups inside Syria who will turn on us one day and attack Western targets and people here? Do you think Trump is wrong to say we don't know who those moderates are?

Do you think we should just allow Assad to stay and hes was not destroying the country till the fanatics in the west and middle east got involved? Russia is a Syrian ally do you think its ok to just allow fanatics to takeover another country and then go on murder spree? Isis has literally murdered thousands and thousands of innocents and when this all over we be finding mass graves for years to come. And never mind allowing fanatics to takeover will lead to even more mass migrations to Europe and causing instability here.

Do you think it is a good idea to put a man who has no idea what is happening in the world in charge of foreign policy? Do you think he could repeat half of what you said (I disagree with a lot of it but that seems irrelevant since it seems to contain more about foreign affairs than Donald Trump knows about).

I want more than we half to stop Isis and I am not talking about my plan. The man has no idea of how they formed or when they formed. I doubt he even cares. Seems like a pretty horrific choice for president.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement