Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

This post had been deleted.

Yeah?
    meepins wrote: »
    Bill Clinton went around actually raping women and Hillary was involved in silencing them.
    Permabear wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

If you want to argue this further, you'll have to admit that you think it's ok for allegations to ruin a person's life.

Bubblypop, an anonymous poster here, may ruin Trump's life if s/he alleges sexual assault by a billionaire who...well....brags about his fondness for grabbing women by the pussy?

Serious? Or parody?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Trump was at 19% chance with 538 last Monday. He's at 13% today.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,787 ✭✭✭✭Penn

First Up wrote: »
    Trump was at 19% chance with 538 last Monday. He's at 13% today.

Yeah, I usually go by the Polls Plus which gives Trump the best chance, and even with that he's at under 17% chance of winning.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

VinLieger wrote: »
    So basically tell the public what they want to hear, lie like hell to get votes and then in secret have a totally different viewpoint. Sounds utterly ridiculous but that is Hillary Clinton for you. Two faced liar.

Trump has contradicted himself and bare faced lied too many times to count.

Hillary is no saint either but when your only argument for one side is to point out flaws of the other you've lost the argument
    Trump has never been in power. Hillary has played her part in thousands of people being killed. A huge difference. A deceitful woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Trump is such a loser.

He's been played like a fool by the dnc numerous times now.

Every time he declares he's really taking the gloves off and going after the democrats he gets hit harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

meepins wrote: »
    This is all they have now after that second debate. Full out attack with spurious claims of sexual assault from thirty years ago and whatnot. With men fully onboard with Trump apart from hysterical weirdos, it's specifically aimed at turning women against Trump. I don't think it will work though. I'm sure they will see through these lies and see it for what it is - a desperation tactic.
    I wonder if all these leaked Clinton e-mails will get any mention from this lying media while they feign outrage, cry and wail.

Once Trump brought up Bill this was always going to happen, if he can't cope with that he should get out of politics.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

K-9 wrote: »
    Once Trump brought up Bill this was always going to happen, if he can't cope with that he should get out of politics.
    You can imagine some advisor trying to explain to him that 'if you bring this up, they are going to go raking through your past to find examples of you doing similar...what will they find/what have they already found'...and Trump not understanding or caring.

There's no sense of him really understanding much at all about politics really.

Trump has never been in power. Hillary has played her part in thousands of people being killed. A huge difference. A deceitful woman.

Simplistic nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,447 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

that reads exactly like a trump tweet. especially the last three sentences.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

Below is worth a read. Including seedy comments Trump made about a 10 year old, and dating her when she's an adult.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/12/donald-trump-women-new-sexual-harassment-stories

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

that reads exactly like a trump tweet. especially the last three sentences.

It's just regurgitated word salad from r/the_donald.

That's how they all speak

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

He has been and continues to be in a position of power. Not on the global stage, but even in the small way that he has had power, he's abused it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

It's just regurgitated word salad from r/the_donald.

That's how they all speak

I do the best repetition folks, the best repetition, the best...*sniffles*...folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I do the best repetition folks, the best repetition, the best...*sniffles*...folks.

...that i can tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭stevedublin

As the old saying goes, if you throw enough ****, everyone ends up covered in it.

Never heard that saying before, but it certainly sums up the current mudslinging between Trump and Clintons (esp. Bill)!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,227 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

He has been and continues to be in a position of power. Not on the global stage, but even in the small way that he has had power, he's abused it.

I certainly wouldn't want to be a woman working in the Whitehouse if he gets elected.

His widely reported habit of entering the dressing rooms of pageant contestants and staring while they change pretty much sums the guy up. He does it because he can, he doesn't care about how he makes anyone feel as long as he does what he wants.

He did it with Miss Teen USA contestants, some as young as 15. When are people going to stop defending the indefensible?

As he was described in today's NY Times, he’s a maladroit savage spiraling out of control.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Grayson wrote: »
    I certainly wouldn't want to be a woman working in the Whitehouse if he gets elected.

Bill isn't much better in fairness. The only difference is the lecherous, dirty old man won't be the actual President, he'll be the first gentleman!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭oik

You are showing you know nothing about first class. It is airline dependent and if the flight was domestic or international and what aircraft it was. I have flown first class in the states and remember a armrest, I have also flown first class on Etihad A380, BA 747 all seats vastly different in Etihad you don't get a seat you get a room, which has a seat and a 3 seater couch which turns in to a bed.

It is impossible to say that a first class seat 35 years ago did not have an armrest.

Ohhhh well law dee daw your majesty.

You said nothing in response to my post you just listed the different types of first class seats you've been in, none of which seem to fit the bill from this story.

It's not really impossible. All you have to do is find one.

It would be much easier if the woman could remember the airline she flew on, or where she flew from, or what year it was. All questions a good journalist would have confirmed before going to print.

I'm calling BS.

Penn wrote: »
    Some guy on Twitter summed it up pretty well:

"Who you going to believe, women who claim they were groped, or a man who says he gropes women? It's a real "he & she both said" situation."

Trump has also said he used the fact he was the owner of the Miss USA pageants to go backstage when the women were getting changed so he could see them naked. Now he's being accused of using the fact he was the owner of the Miss USA pageants to go backstage when the women were getting changed so he could see them naked.

Claim that people who believe these things are disgusting all you want, but Donald Trump himself has given people more than enough reason to believe it through his own words and actions.

If the woman had already been on record about this then it might mean something.

But she came forward after he said that with a story that exactly fit the joke he just happened to make about 30 years after the alleged incident occurred and it just happened to be recorded.

If something seems too good to be true it probably is.

oik wrote: »

I'm calling BS.

Where do you stand on him marking out a ten year old as a future girlfriend or watching kids of 15 getting undressed?

Candie wrote: »
    Where do you stand on him marking out a ten year old as a future girlfriend or watching kids of 15 getting undressed?

He always used to make self-deprecating jokes about dating younger women all the time. Hence the Ivanka joke when she became a model. He's known for dating models. Can't say I share his sense of humour, but it's not disquaifying.

Is there any evidence he "watched 15 year olds getting undressed?"

I find it a bit ironic that this seems to the only one of the myriad of reasons why Trump shouldn't be anywhere near the White House that is energising people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,009 ✭✭✭Christy42

Ohhhh well law dee daw your majesty.

You said nothing in response to my post you just listed the different types of first class seats you've been in, none of which seem to fit the bill from this story.

It's not really impossible. All you have to do is find one.

It would be much easier if the woman could remember the airline she flew on, or where she flew from, or what year it was. All questions a good journalist would have confirmed before going to print.

I'm calling BS.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jonostrower/status/786447716737880065

Well that was difficult. Shockingly I imagine the comment (I don't interpret Trump's comments as a joke) made people come forward with these stories so it isn't that shocking they are emerging now.

Why is the airline etc. Relevant? I wasn't aware she should be put on trial for this.

He always used to make self-deprecating jokes about dating younger women all the time. Hence the Ivanka joke when she became a model. He's known for dating models. Can't say I share his sense of humour, but it's not disquaifying.

Is there any evidence he "watched 15 year olds getting undressed?"

Contestants in the Miss Teen USA have come forward and told how he'd walk into their dressing room and tell them to carry on, he's seen it all before.

Some of them as young as 15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Christy42 wrote: »
    Why is the airline etc. Relevant? I wasn't aware she should be put on trial for this.

At least there was no pivot to talking about ISIS!

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭CdeC

Iceboy wrote: »

So both these guys are a bit annoying. From my perspective the main issues with Hilary

- Benghazi - The tribunal filed no charges against her.
    - Emails - The FBI said that although careless no charges should be brought
    -Clinton foundation - all the money earned is accounted for and tax releases for the last 10 years have been published.
    -Bill Clintons extra marital affairs - This is old news, we all know this. He apologized. Why do we need to revisit it?

It seems like they've tried their best but nothing has stuck. I see her apologies for past mistakes and I admire that.
    Trump is a sneak and a liar and I don't trust him. He's full of promises and no substance. It's a no brainer on the 8th

• Advertisement

Christy42 wrote: »
    https://mobile.twitter.com/jonostrower/status/786447716737880065

Well that was difficult. Shockingly I imagine the comment (I don't interpret Trump's comments as a joke) made people come forward with these stories so it isn't that shocking they are emerging now.

The airline is relevant because unless you can put them on the same plane together at the same time in seats that have armrests which can be retracted the story has no basis.

She should be able to remember the year at least and where she was flying from, which could narrow it down to a few planes but her story was extremely vague.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement