Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭oik

Jayop wrote: »
    :pac:

Yeah, I wonder what happened Friday that could have caused both of these woman to decide that the time was now right to come forward?

Just random happenstance I guess! :rolleyes:

There are lots of news outlets in America

• Registered Users Posts: 40,447 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

oik wrote: »
    The New York Times is owned by Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim, who's not in it to make money.

It was loss making when he bought it and it still is. The whole industry is running on patronage rather than profit.

He would gladly pay whatever damages there are in court to sink Trump's campaign.

are you stating this as a fact? Because we know your history with facts here.

Journalists who write false stories tend to get found out when they're sued. Newspapers are very careful to only publish what they know as fact and what can be defended in court.

They have legal departments for that kind of thing apparently. :rolleyes:

Donald Trump just might not be the litigious type.

Oh wait no, Google tells me he and his businesses have been involved in 3,500 cases, almost 2,000 of which involve him as Plaintiff...

are you stating this as a fact? Because we know your history with facts here.

Oh wait no, Google tells me he and his businesses have been involved in 3,500 cases, almost 2,000 of which involve him as Plaintiff...

The New York Times is owned by Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim, who's not in it to make money.

It was loss making when he bought it and it still is. The whole industry is running on patronage rather than profit.

Carlos Slim would stand to lose a lot of money if Trump became president and delivered on his immigration and trade promises.

He's probably the single biggest beneficiary of NAFTA.

He would gladly pay whatever damages there are in court to sink Trump's campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Bingo.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

First Up wrote: »
    Trump has never been in power. Hillary has played her part in thousands of people being killed. A huge difference. A deceitful woman.

Simplistic nonsense.
    So Hillary Clinton hasn't been involved in administrations which has been responsible for the killing of thousands of people in the Middle East? The Iraq war which she voted on, another disaster and bad judgement from her.

The woman is as crooked as they come and only receives protection from the establishment to get her into power to protect the interests of the multinationals. The death is thousands is not simplistic nonsense.

ScumLord wrote: »
    How come whenever accusations like this are made people seem to conveniently come out of the woodwork to back up the claims.

I'm not saying trump is innocent, I have no problem believing he's that kind of man. I just find the fact that there's people waiting in the wings for their turn to be a bit convenient. Is it just the press ignore these things until they become a popular news story, that no one listens to these people until it becomes a popular story?

The first woman filed a suit in 1997 against him. She hasn't just come out of the woodwork now. It's been a matter of record for almost 20 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

There are lots of news outlets in America

There are, but logically if they wanted to choose one then the NYT would be an obvious choice, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,447 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Carlos Slim would stand to lose a lot of money if Trump became president and delivered on his immigration and trade promises.

He's probably the single biggest beneficiary of NAFTA.

so you are stating as a fact that Carlos Slim is trying to sink Trumps campaign? I dont think Trump really needs help in that regard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Less then a month to go too.

• Advertisement

so you are stating as a fact that Carlos Slim is trying to sink Trumps campaign? I dont think Trump really needs help in that regard.

His net worth is equivalent to about 6 percent of Mexico’s gross domestic product.

He has interests in 40% of the companies on the Mexican stock exchange.

Mexico's loss is his loss.

Your snide comment about Trump's campaign aside you would need to be extremely naive to think he would not risk a lawsuit in order to crash Trump's campaign.

There are, but logically if they wanted to choose one then the NYT would be an obvious choice, no?

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

His net worth is equivalent to about 6 percent of Mexico’s gross domestic product.

He has interests in 40% of the companies on the Mexican stock exchange.

Mexico's loss is his loss.

Your snide comment about Trump's campaign aside you would need to be extremely naive to think he would not risk a lawsuit in order to crash Trump's campaign.
    So you only require direct, tangible evidence for something in regards to negative stories related to Trump?

Why?
    Newspaper of record in the largest city in America, which is also Trump's hometown.

Why?

Because there's a greater chance of their voice being heard and listened to in a media organisation that declared for Clinton.

Isn't that obvious.

If I was going to come out with accusations against Clinton I'd go to one that was Pro-Trump. This stuff isn't difficult.

Everyone knows Trump is dodgy as hell, my issue is why so many people just don't acknowledge Hillary Clinton and her war crime clan.

So you only require direct, tangible evidence for something in regards to negative stories related to Trump?

I'm stating facts which support the notion that the NYT is biased and not worried about lawsuits.

Clearly that is causing you the mental stress from cognitive dissonance and that's why you're responding by accusing me of hypocrisy rather than engaging the uncomfortable idea with logic.

Everyone knows Trump is dodgy as hell, my issue is why so many people just don't acknowledge Hillary Clinton and her war crime clan.

Because your point is a waste of time.

Educate yourself a bit.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeffrey-marburggoodman/five-myths-about-hillary-iraq-war-vote_b_9177420.html

I'm stating facts which support the notion that the NYT is biased and not worried about lawsuits.

Clearly that is causing you the mental stress from cognitive dissonance and that's why you're responding by accusing me of hypocrisy rather than engaging the uncomfortable idea with logic.
    But you are being hypocritical.

I suppose we'll find out whenever the lawsuit is settled. Would you wager it'll be in Trump's favour, then? Or is the judiciary also not to be trusted and in the pocket of the Democrats?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Such a Wordsworth

• Advertisement

Because your point is a waste of time.

Educate yourself a bit.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeffrey-marburggoodman/five-myths-about-hillary-iraq-war-vote_b_9177420.html
    http://usuncut.com/politics/hillary-clinton-foreign-policy-record/

Do not let her off with it

.http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/02/11/the-warmongering-record-of-hillary-clinton/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

It's not just the NYT though. The accusations are piling up now that the lid has been lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

you mean the guy with a history of wandering hands who had to pay off the women he harassed?

Funnily enough, isn't that the same sort of proof that is being used the past week or so to decide Bill Clinton was guilty of sexual harassment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Ohhhh well law dee daw your majesty.

You said nothing in response to my post you just listed the different types of first class seats you've been in, none of which seem to fit the bill from this story.

It's not really impossible. All you have to do is find one.

It would be much easier if the woman could remember the airline she flew on, or where she flew from, or what year it was. All questions a good journalist would have confirmed before going to print.

I'm calling BS.

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2016/10/13/armrests-used-move-first-class-donald-trump-sexual-assault-defense-debunked/

My point was to equate first class in 80's to today is stupid as on some airlines first class on domestic was not a great seat improvement.

It's not just the NYT though. The accusations are piling up now that the lid has been lifted.

Ah the shotgun method.

These stories are reaching saturation point. It only takes a few falsehoods to make Trump start to look like a sympathetic character. They better be careful.

Ah the shotgun method.

These stories are reaching saturation point. It only takes a few falsehoods to make Trump start to look like a sympathetic character. They better be careful.
    Who better be careful? The liberal media?

Funnily enough, isn't that the same sort of proof that is being used the past week or so to decide Bill Clinton was guilty of sexual harassment?

Bill has been caught groping on camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Ah the shotgun method.

I'm sure they'll stop firing the shotgun if he stops providing the ammo.

Everyone who's trying to destroy him. I said the same about both Clintons too. If you attack someone too much people start to sympathise with them.

Remember that the majority of independents say they don't trust the media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

No wonder Drumpf admires Putin, and wants to toughen libel laws.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement