Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭oik

No wonder Drumpf admires Putin, and wants to toughen libel laws.

The media has provided cassus belli for him to declare war on them in office.

You'll notice that countries with libel laws like ours and the UK tend to have a political atmosphere that isn't based totally on personal attacks rather than policy.

Might have something to do with the culture of the media.

Some of that stuff is pretty ridiculous.

The article references the bombings in the Bosnian conflict as if they were aggressive acts of warmongerers. It manages to omit any mention that they came in the wake of the Srebernica and Markale massacres and brought to an end a conflict that saw 100,000 killed and tens of thousands raped. The world welcomed them, the only possible criticism is that they did not intervene so decisively at an earlier stage and it took the massacre of over 8,000 in one offensive to provoke long overdue airstrikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

oik wrote: »
    The media has provided cassus belli for him to declare war on them in office.

You'll notice that countries with libel laws like ours and the UK tend to have a political atmosphere that isn't based totally on personal attacks rather than policy.

Might have something to do with the culture of the media.

After you insulting me and calling BS I'm surprised you ignored this http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2016/10/13/armrests-used-move-first-class-donald-trump-sexual-assault-defense-debunked/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

ScumLord wrote: »
    How come whenever accusations like this are made people seem to conveniently come out of the woodwork to back up the claims.

I'm not saying trump is innocent, I have no problem believing he's that kind of man. I just find the fact that there's people waiting in the wings for their turn to be a bit convenient. Is it just the press ignore these things until they become a popular news story, that no one listens to these people until it becomes a popular story?
    The fact that there's nobody that does muckraking like political parties might have something to do with it too.

Trump has decades of public/business/power without ever being under the political microscope before.

When did I insult you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Donald Trump just might not be the litigious type.

Oh wait no, Google tells me he and his businesses have been involved in 3,500 cases, almost 2,000 of which involve him as Plaintiff...

Are you a bit jealous that you weren't able to get a piece of the action ;)
    Jayop wrote: »

Clinton's war mongering is more to do with her meddling in Libya and Syria.
    Wipee she got rid of Gaddafi but has helped turn the country into a basket case that now helps flood Europe with migrants.
    She gave another foothold to lou las of fundamentalist islam.
    She tried to oust Assad and has managed to create a war lasting 5 odd years.
    Half the groups the US started backing have turned out to be fundamentalist islamic groups.

Now much success in anything she started now has there.

I am not allowed discuss …

When did I insult you?

Ohhh well law dee daw your majesty

Everyone knows it My Lord.

But as you can see from the link that arm rest did in fact raise.

This video is incredibly bizarre.

To me it seems like a puff piece disguised as a vicious attack.

She frames him as a womaniser (which is much better than a creep) and also drops in there that the entire time she worked for him he treated her the exact same as the men there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntmmkef7Tgs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Is anyone watching the live feed of Trump's speech in Florida? He's completely lost the plot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

One things for sure,

The DNC have basically owned Trump for the last month.

There's so much sh1t in him that they basically had the freedom to wait till now for maximum effect and bring as much of the party down with him as possible.

Worst candidate for a party ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Trump is a creepy scumbag not just about adult women but about children anyone defending him is also a scumbag imagine Donald Trump made the comments he has about your daughter or wife, vile man i believe this will finally be the nail in the coffin that kills his bid for the POTUS and we can all breath a big sigh of relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

im surprised he hasnt said 'gimme a break, gimme a break'

Ohhh well law dee daw your majesty

Everyone knows it My Lord.

But as you can see from the link that arm rest did in fact raise.

Well it sounded like you were insulting me for never flying first class.

I did respond to a number of people who posted that.

It proves that some armrests in first class can raise, assuming those pictures are in fact first class.

But the next question is did they fly on one of those planes together. Every passenger should be accounted for somewhere.

It proves that some armrests in first class can raise, assuming those pictures are in fact first class.

But the next question is did they fly on one of those planes together. Every passenger should be accounted for somewhere.

You expect a passenger list from the 80's until 2001 flying domestic in US was like getting on a bus. I know I did it.

I spoke about my experience of first to show it is dependent on domestic or international and depends on the airline and aircraft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Well he is suing the NYT

Trump is alleging that other news outlets wanted to run the story but he provided them evidence which debunked it. He alleges the NYT didn't want to hear his counter evidence. It's not clear which woman he's talking about.

You expect a passenger list from the 80's until 2001 flying domestic in US was like getting on a bus. I know I did it.

I spoke about my experience of first to show it is dependent on domestic or international and depends on the airline and aircraft.

As if Donald Trump as ever taken the bus.

If she could remember what year it was it would be a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

'I take all these slings and arrows for you', he says.

You can always find a question and the truth is that you'll never give with credit without a video of Trump groping someone.

You've a man who says he groped people and women who say they were groped by him.

Fairly straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Katie Hopkins says:
    "I'd rather be grabbed by the pussy than governed by one"

Classic :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Lol @ Trump. "We are going to have a policy, America First". Crowd goes mental cheering and chanting USA USA. Trump then says nothing about policy and continues to have digs at the clintons.

Pah ha.

The NY times basically said no to taking anything down.

They said he can't sue for defamation when it's the same stuff he says about himself.

Hilarious.

This is becoming downright embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Ohhhh well law dee daw your majesty.

You said nothing in response to my post you just listed the different types of first class seats you've been in, none of which seem to fit the bill from this story.

It's not really impossible. All you have to do is find one.

It would be much easier if the woman could remember the airline she flew on, or where she flew from, or what year it was. All questions a good journalist would have confirmed before going to print.

I'm calling BS.

http://qz.com/808368/photos-of-airline-seats-from-the-1970s-and-1980s-undermine-donald-trumps-denial-of-groping-allegations/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Tbh, I got bored after the third or so time it was alleged that it was impossible and did a two second google search without finishing the thread.

Samaris wrote: »
    Tbh, I got bored after the third or so time it was alleged that it was impossible and did a two second google search without finishing the thread.

Yeah, last night that google search wouldn't have returned anything.

Yesterday before the new allegations came out...
    Where are all the women Trump sexually assaulted?

The Clinton's are scouring the world for one. They could finish his campaign right now. Where are all these women?

so remind me of today's problem again?

It was much better when you said 'it doesn't bother me that he groped people' rather than 'clearly you know nothing about 80s first class arm rests'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Trump has helped a Gorilla escape from London Zoo.

Edit. Trump has just shot the Gorilla.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Katie Hopkins says:

"I'd rather be grabbed by the pussy than governed by one"

Classic :p

I doubt the barren auld cnut has much to be worrying about there.

Besides, Trump is a far far bigger pussy than Clinton is.

Clinton doesn't throw a tantrum and threaten to sue everyone whenever something negative is said.

The Orange Groper is nothing but a thin skinned, tiny handed little child

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement