Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

The Trump campaign is trying to convince the footsoldiers to hold on, telling them secret wunderwaffen will turn defeat into victory. If you want a laugh head on over The Donald on reddit. Fewer and fewer fanatics roving around hanging 'deserters', loudly proclaiming their belief in total victory...

The human part of me wonders just how badly Trump will take his gotterdammerung. Could end up with just him, his family and a few loyalist hangers on holed up in Trump Tower still ordering imaginary activists to attack rivals, poring over hopelessly optimistic electoral college maps and refusing to concede defeat.

In all seriousness, it might be the first US election where the loser doesn't issue a concession.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Penn wrote: »
    Trump apparently saying he has proof of his innocence regarding the sexual assault accusations.

Oh, but he's not releasing it yet. Will release it "at the appropriate time".

Really? Really, Donald? Now isn't the appropriate time? Really? There's a more appropriate time than... now? For proof you say you already have? REALLY? THERE'S NO BETTER TIME YOU CAN THINK OF THAT MIGHT BE MORE APPROPRIATE? REALLY?

If he did have proof, he might be waiting for Clinton to hit him with the allegation during a debate.

Make himself look good and her look bad in front of the biggest audience possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

osarusan wrote: »
    If he did have proof, he might be waiting for Clinton to hit him with the allegation during a debate.

Make himself look good and her look bad in front of the biggest audience possible.

He *is* getting hit in front of the biggest audience possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Trump apparently saying he has proof of his innocence regarding the sexual assault accusations.

Really? Really, Donald? Now isn't the appropriate time? Really? There's a more appropriate time than... now? For proof you say you already have? REALLY? THERE'S NO BETTER TIME YOU CAN THINK OF THAT MIGHT BE MORE APPROPRIATE? REALLY?
    That's grand, let him continue to pander to his base and throw away even more and more hope of breaking 200, 150, or maybe even 100 EC votes.

It's not even a mild exaggeration to say that he could come out and say "yes I raped them, because sluts deserve to be raped" and that his fans would jump up and down in support of him and claim rape should be legal, yes most likely including posters on this very thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The man that promises to be tough on justice too. You couldn't make it up

Well you could. I mean he already bangs the drum about protecting constitutional rights (guns), while at the same time threatening to do away with them (freedom of press).

He's all over the place, just like his supporters at this stage. I'm finding it hilarious, personally.

The main talking point for the Trumpets today has been about aviation standards of the 1980's regarding arm-rests. And they think they have the upper hand :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Billy86 wrote: »
    That's grand, let him continue to pander to his base and throw away even more and more hope of breaking 200, 150, or maybe even 100 EC votes.

I heard some pundit on TV this morning speculate that with the amount of early voting that there now is Clinton could conceivably clinch victory before election day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

It's not even a mild exaggeration to say that he could come out and say "yes I raped them, because sluts deserve to be raped" and that his fans would jump up and down in support of him and claim rape should be legal, yes most likely including posters on this very thread.

It's not just Trump though.

Read Rush 'no means yes if you know how to spot it' Limbuagh's comments today.

Apparently 'the left' are simply obsessed with this notion of consent.

Yes really. That's what someone is saying.

How fcuking DARE they ever speak about the rights of women in the Middle East.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

It's a bird, it's a plane, NO, IT'S OCTOPUSSYGRABBER

Sand wrote: »
    He *is* getting hit in front of the biggest audience possible.

Instead of releasing a statement, I think it would be far more effective to prove his own innocence of that particular allegation live on TV and right to her face (although she'd be very wary of bringing it up for that very reason) but he'd have to wait 6 days to do so, rather than produce the proof right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I think it would be far more effective to prove his own innocence of that particular allegation live on TV and right to her face (although she'd be very wary of bringing it u for that very reason) but he'd have to wait 6 days to do so, rather than produce the proof right now.

In the context of the current Presidential election, 6 days is an eternity. He cannot afford to wait that long because it's unlikely that it will be the hottest news story damaging him at that point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭oik

Instead of releasing a statement, I think it would be far more effective to prove his own innocence of that particular allegation live on TV and right to her face (although she'd be very wary of bringing it u for that very reason) but he'd have to wait 6 days to do so, rather than produce the proof right now.

Alternatively, he may know it's a false allegation but not have any proof, and this is a gambit to get the woman not to make any further statements in case she incriminates herself further.

Calina wrote: »
    He cannot afford to wait that long because it's unlikely that it will be the hottest news story damaging him at that point.
    That's true also. At the rate the allegations are appearing, it might be a case of 'That first allegation from Wednesday....no not this Wednesday's allegations, last Wednesday...no, not her, the other one, the New York one...yeah, I can prove that one isn't true.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Instead of releasing a statement, I think it would be far more effective to prove his own innocence of that particular allegation live on TV and right to her face (although she'd be very wary of bringing it up for that very reason) but he'd have to wait 6 days to do so, rather than produce the proof right now.

Trump's campaign issued a 'proof' of his innocence earlier. Apparently, at the time, armrests on aeroplanes were fixed, so he couldn't have assaulted the woman on the plane.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/13/politics/katrina-pierson-trump-armrests/

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

An example of how much Trump and his rape advocates and sexual assault apologists have essentially f***ed themselves in the ass in recent weeks - http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/ut/utah_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein_vs_mcmullin-6154.html

Utah Sep 9th - Trump +15
    Utah Sep 19th - Trump +9
    Utah Oct 11th - TIE

Utah has NOT EVEN ONCE gone Democrat since 1964. Not even once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

gosplan wrote: »
    Yesterday before the new allegations came out...

so remind me of today's problem again?

It was much better when you said 'it doesn't bother me that he groped people' rather than 'clearly you know nothing about 80s first class arm rests'

He knows nothing about any first class!

An example of how much Trump and his rape advocates and sexual assault apologists have essentially f***ed themselves in the ass in recent weeks - http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/ut/utah_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein_vs_mcmullin-6154.html

Utah Sep 9th - Trump +15
    Utah Sep 19th - Trump +9
    Utah Oct 11th - TIE

That's because there's a strong independent running and that's a big outlier. The Supreme Court is coming up at the next debate. Mormons won't waste their vote electing Hillary.

learn_more wrote: »
    It's a bird, it's a plane, NO, IT'S OCTOPUSSYGRABBER

I laughed out loud

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

An example of how much Trump and his rape advocates and sexual assault apologists have essentially f***ed themselves in the ass in recent weeks

That's an allegation that definitely would sink his campaign.

Phoebas wrote: »
    That's an allegation that definitely would sink his campaign.

Have you seen him speak he Defo do the ass!

It gets worse:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3835421/Donald-Trump-s-sleazy-comment-ten-year-old-girl-visited-Trump-Tower-revealed-latest-hot-mic-video-surface.html

Donald Trump was caught boasting that he would be dating a ten-year-old girl 'in ten years' in the latest video to have surfaced which exposes his controversial remarks towards women.

• Advertisement

He knows nothing about any first class!

I never said I did. You lot are mad for taking your own misinterpretations and running with them. Never seen a more disingenuous bunch. I expect an idiotic remark about that being rich coming from a Drumpf supporter.

Trump's campaign issued a 'proof' of his innocence earlier. Apparently, at the time, armrests on aeroplanes were fixed, so he couldn't have assaulted the woman on the plane.

Strange standard of proof for a man who doesn't accept birth certificates.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

It's going to ruin the sense of suspense on election night when Utah is called for Clinton :)

You can just imagine the pundits at their terminals trying to come up with combinations as to how Trump could still win with Utah and Texas veering blue.

oik wrote: »
    I never said I did. You lot are mad for taking your own misinterpretations and running with them. Never seen a more disingenuous bunch. I expect an idiotic remark about that being rich coming from a Drumpf supporter.

I took you ass (and not in a trump way) lol you been burned like yesterday and today burn.

Don't think that's what he was talking about. Katrina Pearson brought that up a few hours before Trump said he had proof but wouldn't release it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Alternatively, he may know it's a false allegation but not have any proof, and this is a gambit to get the woman not to make any further statements in case she incriminates herself further.

The woman? There are multiple women.

Someone on Twitter (tried to find it, but couldn't) had a quip along the lines of:

Trump: I grab women by the pussy.

Women: He grabbed us by the pussy.

Trump: VICIOUS LIES.

Don't think that's what he was talking about. Katrina Pearson brought that up a few hours before Trump said he had proof but wouldn't release it yet.

Is his proof currently being audited or something?

gosplan wrote: »
    Is his proof currently being audited or something?

lol I love it.

The woman? There are multiple women.

Someone on Twitter (tried to find it, but couldn't) had a quip along the lines of:

Trump: I grab women by the pussy.

Women: He grabbed us by the pussy.

Trump: VICIOUS LIES.

I'm sure that quip will hold up in court.

• Advertisement

I'm sure that quip will hold up in court.

Like your oath!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement