Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭oik

Billy86 wrote: »
    And the multiple other women who have accused him of sexual assault, at least one of which has been one of the biggest news stories of the 24 hours.

And his own ex wife who accused him of rape.

Violent backlash likely coming when reality sinks in on Nov 9th.

He's recovering in the polls.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

Billy86 wrote: »
    That's grand, let him continue to pander to his base and throw away even more and more hope of breaking 200, 150, or maybe even 100 EC votes.

It's not even a mild exaggeration to say that he could come out and say "yes I raped them, because sluts deserve to be raped" and that his fans would jump up and down in support of him and claim rape should be legal, yes most likely including posters on this very thread.

You b******, made me spit tea all over.:D

Nope! I'm very embarrassed that Gosplan got there ahead of me, I didn't see his post. But its an obvious joke, no example of huddled, insular groupthink.

Funny you should say that, however, as there are many Trump supporters who seem to parrot /The_Donald and Breitbart verbatim, thinking noone will notice.

I have no doubt about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

oik wrote: »
    The burden of proof always matters, why do you keep bringing it up? When did I ever eschew the burden of proof?

The burden of proof was dropped from Trump's campaign a long long time ago. Birther movement, JFK assassination? And that's before he was even nominated.

No point scratching around for it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

He's recovering in the polls.
    Which polls?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭nomadchocolate

Which polls?

Trump is done for

• Registered Users Posts: 23,735 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

This is what happens to the world in a Trump presidency (with 80's gear due to the recession he will cause)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,131 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Trump wants to get out of other countries conflicts not into them like Hilary.
    He wants to put America first. He'll walk from Syria , not US problem.
    All it does is put Americans at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,131 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

gosplan wrote: »
    The burden of proof was dropped from Trump's campaign a long long time ago. Birther movement, JFK assassination? And that's before he was even nominated.

No point scratching around for it now.

And what standard of proof does Hillary's campaign operate under?

I wish you'd talk to me rather than talking at me as though I represent the Trump campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Even in costume form he's a sleaze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

This is what happens to the world in a Trump presidency (with 80's gear due to the recession he will cause)

Only problem with that Putin fears Hilary more then Trump. Trump actually wants talks with Putin. The Russian media is openly talking about war been a real possibility with her elected. And lets be honest we just saw the second debate and she looked nowhere near interested in easing tensions between Russia and the United States.

Trump is idiot and hes likely to jump the gun more then hilary, but don't make the mistake of thinking shes a white princess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Does anyone have good source for a comprehensive history of Trumps' candidacy, right from the beginning of the GOP primaries to current day?

Just watched the woman's interview on CNN.

The story doesn't sound as bad the way she told it this time.

The main takeaway is, CNN spent about 4 times longer interviewing a woman Trump tried it on with in 1979 than they did discussing Wikileaks.

40 minutes interviewing her, they've been covering it and nothing else the last 2 hours at least, that's how far the live stream goes back. Absurd.

The gushing from the Clinton supporters on the CNN panel is infuriating. One of these women is nearly in tears trying to guilt people and trying to gloss over the clear political motivations.

The gushing from the Clinton supporters on the CNN panel is infuriating. One of these women is nearly in tears trying to guilt people and trying to gloss over the clear political motivations.

Speaking of political motivations and glossing over issues, is every single one of your 435 posts since you joined a few weeks back divided between this thread and the Presidential Race thread on the political site? And every single one backing Trump?
    I wish you'd talk to me rather than talking at me as though I represent the Trump campaign.

Would it be fairer to say you represent a Trump supporter whose support is intense and unwavering?

Which is of course your prerogative. But in few threads on any political topic will you find participants who are involved in or represent the campaign.

He was young rich and full of himself, he hit on 100's of girls...

In fairness to Trump, it looks like it's not just girls, there was the odd adult too.

The Clinton campaign carefully handpicking which shootings to exploit for political gain.

29a8928ad36cb6be7daee0f2350ac9e0.png

Speaking of political motivations and glossing over issues, is every single one of your 435 posts since you joined a few weeks back divided between this thread and the Presidential Race thread on the political site? And every single one backing Trump?

Would it be fairer to say you represent a Trump supporter whose support is intense and unwavering?

Which is of course your prerogative. But in few threads on any political topic will you find participants who are involved in or represent the campaign.

Instead of talking about me maybe go back to talking about the election, yeah?

What kind of freak stalks through people's post history

Instead of talking about me maybe go back to talking about the election, yeah?

What kind of freak stalks through people's post history

Uh oh.

Did I upset you?

Sorry.

Just noticed the post after post and was curious. I was right though, wasn't I? Since you registered a few weeks back, every single post is about Trump? It was you who referred to motivation, you who objected to being spoken to as a representative of a campaign. But you represent an ardent supporter, right?

Not that there's anything wrong with that, to quote another popular New Yorker...:)

• Advertisement

Uh oh.

Did I upset you?

Sorry.

Just noticed the post after post and was curious. I was right though, wasn't I? Since you registered a few weeks back, every single post is about Trump? It was you who referred to motivation, you who objected to being spoken to as a representative of a campaign. But you represent an ardent supporter, right?

Not that there's anything wrong with that, to quote another popular New Yorker...:)

I can talk about motivation because I'm not going on TV claiming Clinton abused me.

I can talk about motivation because I'm not going on TV claiming Clinton abused me.

That makes no sense.

Motivation can exist independent of references to sexual assault.

So one could be motivated to dismiss, gloss over and look through each and every serious allegation against a politician if they were an unquestioning supporter of that politician, right?

That makes no sense.

Motivation can exist independent of references to sexual assault.

So one could be motivated to dismiss, gloss over and look through each and every serious allegation against a politician if they were an unquestioning supporter of that politician, right?

If you'd watched the CNN panel you would know what I'm talking about, but as you didn't you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,009 ✭✭✭Christy42

The main takeaway is, CNN spent about 4 times longer interviewing a woman Trump tried it on with in 1979 than they did discussing Wikileaks.

40 minutes interviewing her, they've been covering it and nothing else the last 2 hours at least, that's how far the live stream goes back. Absurd.

Possibly because there was pretty much nothing involved in the wikileaks. What was it. They accused her of not liking the phrase "everyday Americans ", she has a public and private opinion? Sure wayyyy worse than sexual assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

oik wrote:
    "OH MY GOD ARE YOU SERIOUSLY ASKING ME TO EXPLAIN MY POSITION!?"

Don't worry.

We know what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

If you'd watched the CNN panel you would know what I'm talking about, but as you didn't you don't.

and Fox hasn't been banging out anti-Clinton rhetoric for the last 18 months? where's your cries of bias? Oh... that mustn't count...

and on that point, even Fox has now abandoned him. that must really hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

What should they be discussing in the wikileaks content? You keep bringing this up over and over but you haven't once said why the wikileaks content is worth discussing, ignoring the fact that it's classic deflection to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,447 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

And what standard of proof does Hillary's campaign operate under?

when you create an account purely to defend trump then you have to expect that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭jem

Have been watching the different news programs and while i know that in the USA all of the channels have some bias but FOX news takes it to a new level altogether.
    The positive spin on trump and the negative spin on clinton is unreal.Likewise the negatives to any republicans who disagrees with trump is severe.
    They may as well come out altogether and say that they are supporting trump only.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

What I find most funny about that is that Paul Ryan tries to say something positive about women and still gets ridiculed for it. If you're on the right you can't win

No, if you are a morally bankrupt charlatan who fostered, facilitated and prospered from the vileness that is Trumpism and suddenly discovered an alleged conscience you are rightly skewered for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement