Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

If you read his latest tweets there is going to be violence on election day. His is unsubtly stirring up his base to believe the election is being rigged and that they need to fight back.

3 white supremacists have been arrested for plotting terrorist attacks against an apartment building with plenty of Somalis in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭HellSquirrel

3 white supremacists have been arrested for plotting terrorist attacks against an apartment building with plenty of Somalis in it.

Just spreading their cultural diversity.

Am I doing it right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,874 ✭✭✭ebbsy

oik wrote: »
    B_Wayne wrote: »
    That's a deeply misogynistic viewpoint to take on the issue of sexual assaults.

The woman who appeared with Gloria Alred is the least credible of all. She was the only one who was in tears which to me is a big red flag. Another red flag is that she was reading a script prepared by GLORIA ALRED of all people.

That woman is a dirty lying wench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

The woman who appeared with Gloria Alred is the least credible of all. She was the only one who was in tears which to me is a big red flag. Another red flag is that she was reading a script prepared by GLORIA ALRED of all people.
    ebbsy wrote: »

So yeah.... Really are backing up my original point...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Do you feel this anger towards all women or just those who have been sexually assaulted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,874 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Do you feel this anger towards all women or just those who have been sexually assaulted?

No. Just those that try to get cash for lies, they should be locked up and the key thrown away.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

No. Just those that try to get cash for lies, they should be locked up and the key thrown away.

How would you know if she's lying?

And what of a man who tries to get a presidency for lies?

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    How would you know if she's lying?

He can tell on sight, apparently. It's his superpower.
    No I just know a lying gold digger when I see one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

So the woman who says Trump assaulted her on the plane is
    ...a lying gold digger...

The former "The Apprentice" contestant is

Are all of other 10+ women (so far) who have described being similarly sexually assaulted by Donald Trump over the years also gold-digging liars?

Or do Trumps own words about how he likes to kiss and grab women without asking have any weight?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭oik

Well that's a bit much

B0jangles wrote: »

Are all of other 10+ women (so far) who have described being similarly sexually assaulted by Donald Trump over the years also gold-digging liars?

When it was rumoured that Prince died without a will 700 people came forward claiming to be his children.

How is that relevant?

Or do Trumps own words about how he likes to kiss and grab women without asking have any weight?

They said he grabbed them by the pussy. He said he grabs them by the pussy.

But they're still lying.

How is that relevant?

Just think

Summer Zervos (scripted lady) own first cousin released a statement today.
    "I am completely shocked and bewildered by my cousin, Summer Zervos, and her press conference today. Ever since she was on The Apprentice she has had nothing but glowing things to say about Mr. Trump. For almost a decade, my cousin would talk about how much she looked up to Mr. Trump and viewed him as an inspiration – a success story she wanted to copy. Summer would also talk about how kind and caring Mr. Trump was on the show, and how he would even visit children in hospitals without telling the press. She has praised the good things he's done for her life, and in fact she converted her friends and our family to become Trump supporters even though we’ve never been active in politics before.

“That was until Summer invited Mr. Trump to her restaurant during the primary and he said no. I think Summer wishes she could still be on reality TV, and in an effort to get that back she’s saying all of these negative things about Mr. Trump. That’s not how she talked about him before. I can only imagine that Summer’s actions today are nothing more than an attempt to regain the spotlight at Mr. Trump’s expense, and I don’t think it reflects well.” – John Barry, Mission Viejo, CA (first cousin of Summer Zervos)

Summer Zervos (scripted lady) own first cousin released a statement today.

So you believe this statement but not Zervos's statement? Do you have a specific logic to that...?

Just think

Given that at least one of his accusers is planning to leave her home because she doesn't feel safe anymore, I think you are wildly overestimating the positive benefits of accusing Trump of anything, even if it is completely true, never mind a fabrication.

His hardcore followers have shown themselves to be capable of both violence and intimidation. Anyone who speaks negatively of him faces an immediate firestorm of abuse on social media. Jessica Leeds, the woman on the plane has already had her address and phone number put out there on twitter (and retweeted by a foxnews host).

http://www.joemygod.com/2016/10/13/doxxing-fox-news-host-lou-dobbs-retweets-home-address-phone-number-trump-accuser/

So you believe this statement but not Zervos's statement? Do you have a specific logic to that...?

Do you believe hers but not his?

Given that at least one of his accusers is planning to leave her home because she doesn't feel safe anymore, I think you are wildly overestimating the positive benefits of accusing Trump of anything, even if it is completely true, never mind a fabrication.

His hardcore followers have shown themselves to be capable of both violence and intimidation. Anyone who speaks negatively of him faces an immediate firestorm of abuse on social media. Jessica Leeds, the woman on the plane has already had her address and phone number put out there on twitter (and retweeted by a foxnews host).

They have rape shield laws now which prevent that kind of thing.

But it only works if you go to the police instead of the media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭seenitall

I don't know if this has been posted already (probably has) but it really gave me a giggle:

Jemima Khan as Melania Trump + husband at the UNICEF's Hallowe'en bash in London

http://images.dawn.com/news/1176415/jemima-khans-halloween-costume-makes-a-statement-about-donald-trump

Do you believe hers but not his?

Tell ya what, answer my question with a logical reasoning and I'll do you the same.

Tell ya what, answer my question with a logical reasoning and I'll do you the same.

Well, it is true what he said, that she did email Trump to invite him to her restaurant.

As for what she said to her family, we can only speculate.

Your turn.

In fact a lot of the women who have come forward are ones who have been rejected by him in some way. An former executive emailed him begging him for a job. A few months later she was on CNN talking about what a bad guy he is. Although she admits he never said anything sexist towards her.

Well, it is true what he said, that she did email Trump to invite him to her restaurant.

As for what she said to her family, we can only speculate.

Your turn.

No no; you haven't answered my question. The question was do you believe his statement but not hers and do you have a specific logic for that?

I'm not actually trying to con you; I will legit give you my honest answer to your question and my reasoning for it. If you'll directly answer mine.

They have rape shield laws now which prevent that kind of thing.

But it only works if you go to the police instead of the media.

I know I'm wasting my time responding to you but here's one last thing - the pattern has been that these women were mostly letting their experience with Trump go, until the tape of him boasting about sexual assault came out. Once the first woman spoke out, others felt emboldened to tell their stories, in much the same way as Bill Cosby's victims started speaking out.

BTW you know multiple police unions have come out and endorsed Trump?:- do you think they'd listen with an open mind to allegations of assault by Trump that happened in the past and mostly without witnesses?

Bottom line is Trump said he sexually assaults women, a dozen women have said, yeah, he sexually assaulted me. If you call them all liars, then you have to call Trump a liar too.

No no; you haven't answered my question. The question was do you believe his statement but not hers and do you have a specific logic for that?

I'm not actually trying to con you; I will legit give you my honest answer to your question and my reasoning for it. If you'll directly answer mine.

I'm sceptical of both. I don't have enough information to make up my mind. You seem to think you do. For all I know this guy is the black sheep of the family and would have no problem giving a false statement to rebut his cousin. All I did was post the statement, I never said whether I believed it or not.

Bottom line is Trump said he sexually assaults women

No he didn't.

"They let you do it"

The entire argument falls apart if you abandon that lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

In fact a lot of the women who have come forward are ones who have been rejected by him in some way. An former executive emailed him begging him for a job. A few months later she was on CNN talking about what a bad guy he is. Although she admits he never said anything sexist towards her.

In a country of 300 million people, you will always get people who are sick and will say anything.

Bill Clinton was more serious, he swore as president something ( that he did not not sexual relations with Monica L.) , and he was found out to be a liar.

You know, I don't think Oik really believes the women are lying. I think he just doesn't care if Agent Orange is a predator or not, if he was proven to rape puppies he'd probably still want him in office. That's the only explanation that makes any sense when someone is so determined not to believe not only the victims, but the man himself when he admits to assaulting women.

• Advertisement

maryishere wrote: »
    In a country of 300 million people, you will always get people who are sick and will say anything.

Bill Clinton was more serious, he swore as president something ( that he did not not sexual relations with Monica L.) , and he was found out to be a liar.

To be fair they should never have bothered to ask President Clinton that. It undermines the presidency to focus on these issues at the expense of more important ones. That was the same in the 90's as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement