Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,709 ✭✭✭Enzokk

oik wrote: »
    It's possible that both of them are lies.

His taped statement always implied the encounters were consensual. There was no suggestion the women weren't willing. "They let you do it"

I am sorry, but your interpretation is very loose of what he said. If you see it that, "there is no suggestion the women weren't wiling", there is also no suggestion that they were. So at best for Trump is that these situations were ambiguous on whether there was consent.

If there is one suggestion that there wasn't consent then it is sexual assault.

And before anyone comes back with the suggestion that this is murky because the woman are only coming out now, look at the Louis Theroux documentary about Saville. He stood by while Saville assaulted woman in front of him and in front of the camera. What Donald Trump said is eerily similar to Saville, they are/were so powerful they could do anything and get away with it.

Weather you like the man or hate the man you have to admit you get a laugh out of him :pac:

The most unlikely presidential candidate ever.

Yeah, not really. It was funny when he ran for a few weeks like he did previously. But the fact that he is so close to the US Presidency is scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

Enzokk wrote: »
    Yeah, not really. It was funny when he ran for a few weeks like he did previously. But the fact that he is so close to the US Presidency is scary.

Well, Obama is going down as one of the worst's president's in history, and Clinton for sure is only going to be worse than Obama, so Trump is looking pretty good ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Iceboy wrote: »
    You think that a few words is worse than the actions and crimes that Hilary Clinton has committed over all these years?

Which crimes are these??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Weather you like the man or hate the man you have to admit you get a laugh out of him :pac:

The most unlikely presidential candidate ever.

Nope.

Nothing funny about a fascist blowhard being within grasping distance of the world's largest nuclear arsenal.

Nothing funny about a man stoking fear and hatred.

Nothing funny about a man undermining the greatest democracy in the world.

Which crimes are these??

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

I can however understand the confusion re Trump's words. Language is often hard to tease apart, semantically.

for example this is part of the transcript (from the LA times)

[Trump: Yeah, that’s her, with the gold. I’ve got to use some Tic Tacs, just in case I start kissing her. You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. I just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Unidentified voice: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.]

In some cultures*, the phrase 'I just kiss. I don't even wait (for permission)' Can often mean 'I wait, for permission.' The verb 'to do' used in the negative in this case, ie, 'I don't', is often defined in the positive - as in, 'I do'.

Hence Trump is actually saying "I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. I just kiss. I do wait (for permission, of course, I'm not a complete c**t.)

Many who interpret language in this way, have in fact ended up unintentionally married.

*monster ravin lunatic / red neck territories

Journalism in 2016 in a nutshell

https://i.sli.mg/jcBV1r.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,131 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

If Hilary is elected we could see an uprising , if that did happen would she call on the military to attack and kill those Americans or would the coup be successful in taking over. I don't see the people of America standing by while she floods America with refugees, I don't see them standing by when she takes away peoples rights to bear arms.
    She has no time for Assad but if same thing happens to her would she attack and kill those Americans who march on the Whitehouse to rip her out of there?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Well, Obama is going down as one of the worst's president's in history, and Clinton for sure is only going to be worse than Obama, so Trump is looking pretty good ;)

Remind me, did he wreck the economy like Bush did? Shrinking the budget deficit by $1 TRILLION is no mean feat.

Please tell me the Lotto numbers for Tuesday. I have always doubted people who knows what will happen in the future, but you have me convinced this time.

• Advertisement

But with all the floods, everyone would be dead - except the yacht owners of course.

Hmmm. I wonder if the Don has room on his? Or did he sell it to pay of the Russian mafia already?

Remind me, did he wreck the economy like Bush did? Shrinking the budget deficit by $1 TRILLION is no mean feat.
    Yes, but that was DEMOCRATIC dollars, not real dollars.

Obama has nearly doubled the national debt during his 8 years, what you smokin?

No no PopePalpatine... this one of those Trump jesuitical moments.

When Iceboy said 'history' he was using history to mean the last eight years.

See I'm not wrong, you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Trump to the rescue

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/12/us/politics/donald-trump-taxes-hillary-clinton.html?smid=tw-nytpolitics&smtyp=cur&_r=1

Donald Trump Tax Plan Would Add to Debt and Hillary Clinton’s Wouldn’t, Study Finds

Trump to the rescue

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/12/us/politics/donald-trump-taxes-hillary-clinton.html?smid=tw-nytpolitics&smtyp=cur&_r=1

Donald Trump Tax Plan Would Add to Debt and Hillary Clinton’s Wouldn’t, Study Finds

Crooked Hillary probably paid them off... or had them targeted with drones. Or sent Bill to rape them. Or insulted them by praising their children but they were real dumb and thought it was a compliment (like Donald).

Crooked Hillary probably paid them off... or had them targeted with drones. Or sent Bill to rape them. Or insulted them by praising their children but they were real dumb and thought it was a compliment (like Donald).

It is the NY Times, aren't they owned by that Mexican fellow?:confused::mad:;)

Enzokk wrote: »
    It is the NY Times, aren't they owned by that Mexican fellow?:confused::mad:;)

Is he one of the rapists?

Is he one of the rapists?

:D He could be, I will have to wait for Donald Trump to let me know...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭nomadchocolate

Are people not attaching any legitimacy or importance to Wikileaks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭HellSquirrel

Are people not attaching any legitimacy or importance to Wikileaks?

Merely having emails stolen doesn't mean the victim's done anything wrong. Once someone finds something actually interesting (and preferably illegal) in the email dump, people will take interest.

So far, they've not found anything earth-shatteringly interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Merely having emails stolen doesn't mean the victim's done anything wrong. Once someone finds something actually interesting (and preferably illegal) in the email dump, people will take interest.

The hotel bills are so interesting yawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Obama has nearly doubled the national debt during his 8 years, what you smokin?

Well then you'll be delighted to have the Clintons in the White House, last time they were in the debt went down quite considerably, something nobody else has done since the 1970s.

Glad to see you're in favour of another Clinton presidency, since it's happening either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

http://www.yesimright.com/hackers-get-into-clinton-foundation-find-hillary-stealing-millions/

Interesting enough for ya?

https://conservativedailypost.com/breaking-hillary-sent-1-email-showing-terrorists-how-to-kill-amb-chris-stevens/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

For anyone not bothered reading the two fringe right conspiracy sites above, it says this email "proves" Sanders was bribed into supporting Clinton! :pac:
    Frankly I thought it was dumb for McCaskill and Gutierrez to be attacking Bernie. We are going to need his voters to turn out in November for HRC, he won't be nominated. I am doing the opposite, repeatedly writing friendly and positive pieces about Bernie as an HRC supporter, and when the time is right I will have money in the bank with him and his people as a liberal to urge them to come out in force to vote for HRC.....which is not a given, and we won't have much margin for error in a close election.....Brent

I wonder why the media haven't jumped on this? Sometimes Trump fans really do themselves no favours when it comes to the stereotype of being idiotic to the point of potential brain damage.

This is a classic example of Clinton's campaign understanding politics in comparison to Trump as being nice to people so that they play nice back is something he is entirely incapable of, just shows again why she would be a better candidate than him.

And in case anyone needs it spelled out furthdr, they weren't referring to actual money. But the trump fans already knew that. Those claiming not to, should be given crayon sets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/15/us/politics/donald-trump-women.html

Is this article more believable because it wasn't published a month before the election? oik? BornTobyWilde? buzzerxx? Or is it ALSO false because the paper is owned by a Mexican?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement