Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Only my two cents... But I reckon Donald Trump will become president but then nothing will happen. All this whacky talk of building walls won't come about. The marketing spiel from a candicate to get in. Granted, whacky spiel but spiel none the less.

Yeah if he does get elected, congress will just block everything he tries to do just like they have with Obama and US comedians with have years of easy material just like they had with Bush :)

The Irish Times should be ashamed of themselves for that article they have up today, basically made up a load of gormless quotes attributed to Trump and then wangled out of it by adding "imagined by..hack journo" at the bottom of it.

One of the worst hack tricks I've seen in a while, beyond pathetic, and that's coming from someone who thinks Trump would be a terrible president. The media are handing this to him, I don't think the Irish Times matter at all, but some of the US media employ similar tactics and it's merely adding to his trashy populist appeal.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/international/president-trump-on-euro-2016-i-hate-the-french-they-suck-at-wars-1.2670528

The link for anyone interested.. That's the worst journalism I've ever seen. Pretty ironic that all that tripe came from his own head.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

He's coming to Clare in a few weeks to see his golf course.

Boyd Barrett was encouraging "everyone who believes in a decent society" to protest, I'd say Trump will be shaking in his boots when he hears little Richard is on his case.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Boyd Barrett was encouraging "everyone who believes in a decent society" to protest, I'd say Trump will be shaking in his boots when he hears little Richard is on his case.

Will Kenny send out the all singing and dancing leprecauns to welcome the Squire Trump off his plane this time? ..........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I bet he will go in under the radar, by the time the protesters get to Doonbeg he will be gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

mikeym wrote: »
    I bet he will go in under the radar, by the time the protesters get to Doonbeg he will be gone.

TBH I'd say Trump couldn't care less about Doonbeg, might be a move to win over the Irish American vote visiting the old country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

omahaid wrote: »

That doesn't really improve it....

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Jawfin

Venom wrote: »
    Yeah if he does get elected, congress will just block everything he tries to do just like they have with Obama and US comedians with have years of easy material just like they had with Bush :)

What about executive orders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

The Irish Times should be ashamed of themselves for that article they have up today, basically made up a load of gormless quotes attributed to Trump and then wangled out of it by adding "imagined by..hack journo" at the bottom of it.

One of the worst hack tricks I've seen in a while, beyond pathetic, and that's coming from someone who thinks Trump would be a terrible president. The media are handing this to him, I don't think the Irish Times matter at all, but some of the US media employ similar tactics and it's merely adding to his trashy populist appeal.

It's the same in the states. CNN has basically ran an anti Trump campaign constantly for months now and all it's done is help Trump gain more coverage and his numbers keep going up. It's honestly pathetic but as a supporter of Trump I do hope they keep it up until the election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

The usual rent a mob will be there whilst the rest of us will be at work getting on with our life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Idea I stole from reddit.

Hope when he comes to Ireland we'll have a Mexican mariachi band waiting for him when he gets off the plane. Something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3O0763JHLc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

The AAA-PBP and Greens are planning on doing the dumbest thing when Trump arrives. How stupid are they? They are playing right into his hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Michah

A lot of violence at the San Jose Trump rally yesterday evening. If the anti Trump protesters try anything like that when Trump visits here, I hope the Gardai clobber them. The world's media will be looking at us at that's the last thing we need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Jesus some load of people professing their love for Trump. That's easy when you're living thousands of miles away and you don't have to live with the consequences of his actions. Do you really believe the words of a man who changed is party allegicances more than 4 times? Having Trump as president of the United States is an extremely ominous prospect to the world. The same man who confused 9/11 for 7/11 (a convenience store). All his ersatz honesty is just a facade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

Jesus some load of people professing their love for Trump. That's easy when you're living thousands of miles away and you don't have to live with the consequences of his actions. Do you really believe the words of a man who changed is party allegicances more than 4 times? Having Trump as president of the United States is an extremely ominous prospect to the world. The same man who confused 9/11 for 7/11 (a convenience store). All his ersatz honesty is just a facade.

His perceived stupidity is a facade too! Either himself or that piss-witch Clinton, will drag this world into a very dark place :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

His perceived stupidity is a facade too! Either himself or that piss-witch Clinton, will drag this world into a very dark place :mad:

I think its very likely Clinton will win, but I think its going to be unfortunate. As I said before, I think she's actually the most disingenous person in the race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

I think its very likely Clinton will win, but I think its going to be unfortunate. As I said before, I think she's actually the most disingenous person in the race.

Hopefully Bengahzi (or some other skullduggery) will bite her hard in the ass soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

LorMal wrote: »
    Where would you like to live - Iran, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt..or USA?

ALL of the above countries are great countries. ALL of the above have had great leaders and ALL of the above have had very poor ones too. They ALL can be heaven or hell, depending on who is in charge. At present, I will have to go with USA.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Jester252 wrote: »
    The AAA-PBP and Greens are planning on doing the dumbest thing
    That good Sir is as good a definition of a truism as you're likely to find. That bunch are a bloody joke. That they get voted in says much about the percentage of Irish people that go full retard in voting booths.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

ALL of the above countries are great countries. ALL of the above have had great leaders and ALL of the above have had very poor ones too. They ALL can be heaven or hell, depending on who is in charge. At present, I will have to go with USA.

Unfortunately, the region is a mess politically. And while undoubtedly the meddling of outsiders (US, Europe, Russia) has generally made things worse, it is also important to lay the blame on the perpetrators themselves.

The savagery and viciousness of the Sunni Shia conflicts across the region is appalling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

LorMal wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the region is a mess politically. And while undoubtedly the meddling of outsiders (US, Europe, Russia) has generally made things worse, it is also important to lay the blame on the perpetrators themselves.

The savagery and viciousness of the Sunni Shia conflicts across the region is appalling.

I would certainly not describe them as great countries. Pretty ****ed up to completely ****ed up. Maybe they once were, not now.

USA of course is a great nation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Hopefully Bengahzi (or some other skullduggery) will bite her hard in the ass soon.

I think Bengazi was poor judgement but it was a very fraught situation - with the real danger that Quaddafi was goung to slaughter thousands of civilians. As Obama said, it was a 49:51 decision to intervene.
    I don't think makes her more likely to be dangerous than Trump. We saw with Dubya what can happen when you have a gung ho cowboy in the White House.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Matthew Gleeson

I recon he'll either do a half decent job of things or he'll get nothing done in the first 4 years and won't be re elected. He's a sharp guy and wouldn't be a trigger happy mongo like other presidents in the past. But I do thing he'll have to bend to more conventional politics if he gets in which, in my opinion, means he'll lose his appeal with a lot of yanks.

Anyway just my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I would certainly not describe them as great countries. Pretty ****ed up to completely ****ed up. Maybe they once were, not now.

USA of course is a great nation.

They were once great countries but not now. The elephant in the room that is rarely acknowledged as the cause of a lot of the trouble is of course Saudi Arabia. That country pumped billions into Wahabbism and Salafism all over the world and has placed those intolerant and warped versions of Islam at the top. The sad thing is the fall of Saudi Arabia, the world's biggest sponsor of terrorism, actually would ironically make matters worse as those who would take it over would be even worse. This is because it is a state that has radicalised its population and has encouraged terrorists to form.

The Shia seem to have also copied what Saudi Arabia are doing. Khamenei and other unintelligent people like him have destroyed Iran and replaced 2500 years of Persian culture with Saudi 'culture' pretty much overnight. Afghanistan likewise was ruined and turned into another Saudi-style state with the Taliban (Saudi Arabia being one of few countries to recognise them as the legit Afghan government). Now we have ISIS/ISIL/Islamic State/DAESH and the next American president will have his or her hands full dealing with them.

Trump says he will obliterate them. It remains to be see if Trump is a second W Bush or a second Reagan. Reagan took a tough early stance on many issues but proved pragmatic and made historic agreements with the USSR that ended conflicts in Central America too. Could Trump surprise the world and be the man who will defeat ISIS and bring an end to hate fueled regimes and groups in the Middle East and see a new set of governments take hold there? Of course, it is a matter of luck. If prominent hardliners like some of the Saudi royal family or Ali Khamenei were out of the equation, who knows? We all know that certain individuals are the reason why things are so bad in some places. Trump comes across as a loudmouth and quite racist but with the right circumstances happening at the same time as his presidency if he gets it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

I really like Donald Trump the first person to tell it as it is in my opinion in a very long time.

Even though I'm sure a lot of what he says will never materialise should he be elected its refreshing to think that there are still people out there willing to say what so many others are thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Trump is a wildman maybe that's why people like him? People on here don't seem to care or just ignore what he has said.. Just the things he has said so far should have everybody worried.I don't know if its Western society has got dumber or what? He says he going to deport 11 million illegal immigrants lot of them are Mexicans. Is he going to start knocking on doors when hes elected (Gestapo Style) Trump style maybe amuses people , yet if he does anything like what he claims he could start a civil war in America.

Trump is not smart man a guy with intelligence would never believe or say the things he has said. He should be disqualified to be President for believing Climate change is a hoax. A sane president would never be a prominent follower of the birther movement! He repeats the same stuff over and over again and the first time it was not even coherent then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Two Tone

I love this guy.
    More and more, i'm finding myself hoping he becomes president.
    The stuff he says goes against all my political views but still i 'd love to see him beat Hillary.

I'm reasoning first off that he doesn't mean any of the stuff he says (the wall etc). It's all just to get in.
    And I actually do believe he gives a **** about America.
    I also feel deep down he's a decent enough guy just playing the political system and having a fcuking great time. And he's hilarious.
    Can't stump the trump videos on YouTube are brilliant BTW.

Just wanted to get an idea what ye think about The Donald.
    I agree with some of what you say. I do think he said the controversial stuff to get noticed rather than truly believing it (although I do think he believes some of it) - I think he has probably been told to tone things down by his publicists, as he has not come out with anything controversial in ages. I agree too that he gives a **** about America.

I wouldn't believe he's a decent enough guy, but at the same time, I think comparisons of him with Hitler are ridiculous.

Trump is a demagogue that appeals to the lowest common denominator.
    Stephen Hawking.

This!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svaGiSj8Pdo
    Peaceful anti trump protestors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭Christy42

Two Tone wrote: »
    I think he has probably been told to tone things down by his publicists, as he has not come out with anything controversial in ages

Well that lasted. Calling someone "his" African American and calling a judge inappropriate to rule against him due to his heritage.

While the first must have been Trump mispeaking it is a pretty impressive mistake. I mean how you don't realise that is a stupid thing to say is beyond me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement