Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

VinLieger wrote: »
    Would you like to outline specifically which policies you agree with?

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions

The man will save America from the liberal maniacs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Superhorse wrote: »

So...more guns, more military spending, 25 billion on a wall, 21 million to lose healthcare coverage and removal of minimum wage.

America will be great in no time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

So...more guns, more military spending, 25 billion on a wall, 21 million to lose healthcare coverage and removal of minimum wage.

Who would have thought it was so simple!

The posters in this thread who like Trump are exactly like the man himself.

All soundbites and bluster with zero substance.

I hope so because the damage Obama has done is deep routed. The man is a maniac and a fraud but hey who cares if he's a smooth public speaker what.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Two Tone

Calling Obama a maniac is as stupid as the comparisons of Trump to Hitler.

LorMal wrote: »
    Where would you like to live - Iran, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt..or USA?

I'd rather live in Tehran, Damascus, Beirut or Cairo than Flint MI, Camden NY, The Fifth Ward TX, Detroit etc...

I'd rather live in Tehran, Damascus, Beirut or Cairo than Flint MI, Camden NY, The Fifth Ward TX, Detroit etc...
    Nah, you wouldn't really.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

tigger123 wrote: »
    Who would have thought it was so simple!
    Simpletons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,557 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Im guessing you're a man. :rolleyes:

And also that you have never set foot in any of the first set of places, and possibly none of the second either : Camden NY is a lovely place. :mad:

Anyway you're mostly comparing particular areas of big cities to entire capitals : choose the poorest areas of Cairo or Tehran and see how pleasant they are!

• Advertisement

This seems really at odds with your thread about how we don't care about the recent bomb in Turkey due to it not affecting white people, a rather "liberal maniac" type of thread!

volchitsa wrote: »

And also that you have never set foot in any of the first set of places, and possibly none of the second either : Camden NY is a lovely place. :mad:

Anyway you're mostly comparing particular areas of big cities to entire capitals : choose the poorest areas of Cairo or Tehran and see how pleasant they are!

Logic and balanced reasoning is not welcome in this thread.

Actually I am a man :rolleyes: (whatever that's about) and I've been in Cairo and Beirut. Never been to Camden I will admit but you if think it's a lovely place then i'll leave you to it.

Actually I am a man :rolleyes: (whatever that's about).
    Wild guess but I'd say they're referring to how women aren't treated too great in those places. Sorta the kinda thing that... "liberal maniacs" get accused of downplaying. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,557 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Actually I am a man :rolleyes: (whatever that's about) and I've been in Cairo and Beirut. Never been to Camden I will admit but you if think it's a lovely place then i'll leave you to it.

Seriously? You can't imagine why a woman would hesitate about even visiting a place like Cairo or Tehran, never mind living there?

FFS. Give me any town in the USA any day. I've lived in Chicago and loved it there.
    There are areas I wouldn't go, mind - but then without ever having set foot in Beirut I'd bet a month's pay that there are places foreigners don't want to be found in at night there either. As for Cairo, I've been there, way back when Egypt was a "safe" tourist destination and Cairo was scary enough at times even then. Especially for women.

(BTW I knew you were just namedropping places you don't know squat about because you meant Camden New Jersey. Camden NY is completely different. If you'd ever been to either, I hope you'd know which state you were in!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Think he says many things in a very un-politically correct way. Says what many people think but says it very direct.

He says what many with serious issues with race are thinking. Trump is race baiting at best and a certain demographic eats it up, he was lucky that demographic have a large membership in the republican party.
    At the end of the day, someone worth that amount of money can't be as stupid as he is portrayed!
    He's playing the game exceptionally well - in the final 2 - even Hillary hasn't confirmed this yet (it's a given but not confirmed).

He only won the republican nomination because he wasn’t taken seriously early enough and too many of the ‘mainstream’ republicans stayed in the race too long and canablaised each others votes.
    He could potentially be a great president if allowed- I think you'll see a very different Trump over coming weeks as he goes one on one against Clinton - a less crazy one but we'll see.

People have said we’ll see a different Trump for months and even this week he is still coming out with unbelievably racist comments. The Democratic Party hasn’t even really started on him yet and pretty much every time he is attacked he goes too far in response. There’s no way he doesn’t implode at some point in a one on one debate with Hillary. Hillary will also have the likes of Obama, Bill, and Bernie on the campaign trail whereas it’s more likely that Trump will be ducking shots from his own party, he spent the last week attacking a very popular republican governor because she didn’t support him in the primary. If Trump looks like he’s doing poorly those who are running for election at the same time will attack him in an attempt to save themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Foxtrol wrote: »
    People have said we’ll see a different Trump for months and even this week he is still coming out with unbelievably racist comments. The Democratic Party hasn’t even really started on him yet and pretty much every time he is attacked he goes too far in response. There’s no way he doesn’t implode at some point in a one on one debate with Hillary. Hillary will also have the likes of Obama, Bill, and Bernie on the campaign trail whereas it’s more likely that Trump will be ducking shots from his own party, he spent the last week attacking a very popular republican governor because she didn’t support him in the primary. If Trump looks like he’s doing poorly those who are running for election at the same time will attack him in an attempt to save themselves.

Do you write for the New York Times?

This reads like one of their anti-Trump screeds. "He's going to stumble at this next hurdle! Honest, we're right this time! He can't keep gaining popularity, this isn't fair :("

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

It's sad to see what has happened to the Republican party over the last decade or so.
    It used to stand for small Government, fiscal responsibility, social conservatism.
    They been completely taken over by right-wing nut jobs, Jesus-freaks, racists and fear-mongers.

It's interesting to try and pick out where this occurred though. Bush for example was anything but fiscally responsible or for small government and he got voted in 16 years ago! A lot of Republican voters see Ronald Reagan as some kind of super human, perfect president. But to be honest, you can trace a lot of the shifts towards big government back to him pretty easily.

For a long time now, the GOP has been using the terms 'small government' and 'fiscal responsibility' as little more than a buzzword to get the impoverished in the red states to continue to actively vote against their own interests.

That said, the last decade they've increasingly devolved into a freak show and in no small part it's because of a move toward 'who can shout louder' politics, and an insistence on doubling down whenever it got proven wrong. Donald Trump is the logical conclusion - he has a loud, cutting voice, is a motormouth, and to be fair to the guy is incredible at generating hype and drawing people's attention to things.

It's a very morbid reality, all in all.

Billy86 wrote: »
    That said, the last decade they've increasingly devolved into a freak show and in no small part it's because of a move toward 'who can shout louder' politics, and an insistence on doubling down whenever it got proven wrong. Donald Trump is the logical conclusion - he has a loud, cutting voice, is a motormouth, and to be fair to the guy is incredible at generating hype and drawing people's attention to things.

It's a very morbid reality, all in all.

You could also say that the GOP have neglected the wants and needs of their base over the last decade. They've created the apathy and resentment among GOP voters that has enabled a carpet bagger like Trump to walk in and whip up racial tensions among, as Trump called them, "the poorly educated."

They've been sold a lie by someone who is clearly motivated by all the wrong reasons.

VinLieger wrote: »
    Would you like to outline specifically which policies you agree with?
    All of the ones that say the things about the stuff.

EDIT: OK that post was intended as a joke, then I came across...

:pac:

So just to be clear, you are 100% unquestioningly behind absolutely every policy Trump is proposing in it's entirety?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I guess they meant Camden NJ which is a bit of a dump. Still miles better than bloody Damascus mind.

Two Tone wrote: »
    This seems really at odds with your thread about how we don't care about the recent bomb in Turkey due to it not affecting white people, a rather "liberal maniac" type of thread!
    You'll find a lot of Trump supporters unite underneath one of the three things he has actually been consistent on.

1. "I'm worried about my employment"
    2. "I hate Muslims"
    3. "Build a wall, I hate illegals and Mexicans"

The first one he has some legit supporters in the US from, though it's little more than a(nother) con on his end. The guy has a history of offshoring/outsourcing jobs, and more importantly has a history of tanking businesses for his own interests - there is not a prayer he'll put the working man before the billionaire (e.g. himself).

As for the second two, that's what he has been trying to unite together and those are the ones easy to spot with their "not afraid to speak his mind", "says what we're all thinking" type of comments. Especially once you leave the US this becomes easier to spot, because 'taking jobs home' to the US isn't something that would interest us too much, in fact it could be bad for Ireland since so many US companies are in the country.

Seriously, do yourself a favour. Any time you see someone strongly supporting Trump on Boards, look at their post history. I would give you a 90% chance (no joke) there'll be a strong, healthy hatred of non white Christian Europeans in there.

Which makes "he says what we are all thinking" a much, much clearer statement when you have that kind of context.

Billy86 wrote: »
    You'll find a lot of Trump supporters unite underneath one of the three things he has actually been consistent on.

1. "I'm worried about my employment"
    2. "I hate Muslims"
    3. "Build a wall, I hate illegals and Mexicans"

The first one he has some legit supporters in the US from, though it's little more than a(nother) con on his end. The guy has a history of offshoring/outsourcing jobs, and more importantly has a history of tanking businesses for his own interests - there is not a prayer he'll put the working man before the billionaire (e.g. himself).

As for the second two, that's what he has been trying to unite together and those are the ones easy to spot with their "not afraid to speak his mind", "says what we're all thinking" type of comments. Especially once you leave the US this becomes easier to spot, because 'taking jobs home' to the US isn't something that would interest us too much, in fact it could be bad for Ireland since so many US companies are in the country.

Seriously, do yourself a favour. Any time you see someone strongly supporting Trump on Boards, look at their post history. I would give you a 90% chance (no joke) there'll be a strong, healthy hatred of non white Christian Europeans in there.

Which makes "he says what we are all thinking" a much, much clearer statement when you have that kind of context.

Bang on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

volchitsa wrote:
    Seriously? You can't imagine why a woman would hesitate about even visiting a place like Cairo or Tehran, never mind living there?
    I had to physically defend a poor American woman in Cairo from locals who were trying to molest her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Billy86 wrote:
    So just to be clear, you are 100% unquestioningly behind absolutely every policy Trump is proposing in it's entirety?
    I am. 100%.
    Billy86 wrote:
    1. "I'm worried about my employment" 2. "I hate Muslims" 3. "Build a wall, I hate illegals and Mexicans"
    Misrepresentation again. Do any of you leftists have an original tactic?

I guess they meant Camden NJ which is a bit of a dump. Still miles better than bloody Damascus mind.

Tricky to give them that benefit of the doubt when Camden NY is way upstate near the Canadian border though, and Camden NJ isn't even close to NY - it is actually just the other side of the river from Philadelphia. The place is far from a bit of a dump though, it's routinely listed in the top 3-5 most dangerous cities in the US, taking the top spot on a few occasions.

I am. 100%.
    So do you want abortion banned in the US and women punished for undergoing it, or would you rather it banned and women not punished?

Do you think nuclear proliferation is a good thing or a bad thing?

Do you think the US President should remain neutral in the Israel/Palestine conflict, or should they side fully with Israel?

Do you agree with torture as a method used on terrorists and their families? Or do you agree on following international law?

Do you consider deporting all illegal immigrants right away to be negotiable or not?

Should the ban on Muslims entering include everyone, or should there be exceptions?

Would you like to see the minimum wage raised or not?

Would you like to see the wealthy taxed more, or not?
    Misrepresentation again. Do any of you leftists have an original tactic?
    Explain to me how Trump doesn't want to ban all Muslims, how Trump doesn't want to build a wall, or how Trump doesn't claim to want to bring jobs back to the US, then.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,657 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

He's lost far more money than he's ever made.

He's far from the great businessman he likes to portray himself as - just happened to be born with a silver spoon in his mouth and millions in a trust fund.

Not only that but I heard a stat before that said that if Trump had of put the money he inherited off his father on the S&P500 Index and just sat around and done nothing for the last 40 years then he would be far wealthier now than he is today. Instead he has gone though four banruptcies and lost millions in business. He's a failed businessman

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Do you write for the New York Times?

This reads like one of their anti-Trump screeds. "He's going to stumble at this next hurdle! Honest, we're right this time! He can't keep gaining popularity, this isn't fair :("

I’m not Trump, I don’t moan things aren’t fair when they’re not going in my favour, I’m simply explaining what happened in the primary and why I think the general will be different.

Care to poke holes in my points or are you taking the Trump strategy ‘if they’re mean to me, they lie!!’.

Look at Trump’s results early, he rarely broke 40% and never 50% (unless you’re counting the North Mariana Islands), he capitalized on the mainstream candidates taking votes off each other. By the time the field whittled down he had too much of a lead and the other relevant man left standing was Cruz, to quote Graham meaning ‘a choice between poison and being shot in the head’.

His republican opponents also refused to fight fire with fire and couldn’t call him out on his racist comments, because so much of their base loved it. The Democrats wont make that mistake and don’t have that issue, respectively.

Also, have you even looked at the electoral math? Where do you see him doing better than Romney?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

N365 wrote: »
    Might not be a bad thing if Trump succeeds . I'm not really sure what people are afraid of. I don't believe he is racist or a war monger. The U.S. Needs a strong leader.

Indeed it mightn't, it'd be bloody terrible. Tell us why you don't think he's a racist or a war monger, please.

I don't like Hillary Clinton either but why anyone would think that electing a bigoted ignoramus with (worst of all for the job he's going for) a VERY THIN SKIN to be President of the United States is a good idea.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement