Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Linda Tripp. God there's a name I never thought I'd hear again. She was one of the worst players in that seamy scandal.

She claimed to be a confidant of monica lewinsky, secretly recorded their telephone conversations and gave them to the press.

Maybe she gave them to the press because she said she feared she would end up dead in some 'accident', and if the press were exposing it, then she would be high profile and the Clintons could do nothing.

The Clintons have already being accused of murder during this campaign...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

RobertKK wrote: »
    Maybe she gave them to the press because she said she feared she would end up dead in some 'accident', and if the press were exposing it, then she would be high profile and the Clintons could do nothing.

The Clintons have already being accused of murder during this campaign...

Robertkk, you are gong too far again. You tend to argue a good point but then lose all credibility with the conspiracy theory stuff.
    The Clintons are not guilty of murdering anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

N365 wrote: »
    I'm genuinely not sure I understand what you're saying. What did Trump say that was racist?

He said a person couldn't do their job because of their ethnicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

RobertKK wrote: »

Yes, that was the best part. Betray a "friend" and claim it was because she was afraid she'd be murdered!

The list of things republicans have accused the Clintons of is long and varied. There's been twenty years of it. Nothing ever comes from it.

His foreign policy has changed the course of history in a very bad way

That's such a poor argument. Is like saying 'he's been a very naughty boy'. Can you at least back up your accusation with some examples?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,131 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Who will be Trumps Vp
    Will it be a ''she''

I'm genuinely not sure I understand what you're saying. What did Trump say that was racist?

Umm.

Since he made the racist comments about the judge he's been losing donors and establishment supporters that he desperately needs.

He needs to apologise, but he hasnt even addressed the issue. He seems to think he can just ignore it and it'll go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,816 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Foxtrol wrote: »
    He has zero courage, he is simply a con-man. He constantly changes his position on things, to go wherever he thinks the votes are!

When confronted about his flip flopping, he doubles down so hard the questioner is normally dumbfounded. Several times he has said he didn’t say something straight after they literally played a tape/video of him saying it.

Giving someone nuclear codes because you assume they will mellow out is possible the stupidest logic I’ve ever heard. He has shown zero self control, has incredibly thin skin, and holds grudges, how is that person going to suddenly mellow out?

I was more afraid of the Bush presidents and Regan. A lot of what Trump says is bluster and playing to the Gallery. He is like the America version of the Healy Rae's! Trump will lean heavily on his advisors because as a businessman he is not afraid to delegate.

A lot of it is about perception. What actual "change" did Obama bring. It was more of a hope for change. A "yes we can (maybe)"

They are all salesmen when it comes to the crunch and will be tied to American popular opinion and its political system no matter who is elected.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

What actual "change" did Obama bring. It was more of a hope for change.

It may not have the impact of the introduction of the NHS in england in the 1950's but the healthcare reform know as ObamaCare is a Huge Gigantic change. After decades of republican opposition finally something has been done.

US healthcare was a complete mess. It still is but its taken a 180 degree turn and is at least heading in the right direction now. Clinton winning the presidency will continue that progress.

Obama has also appointed two supreme court justices which will be his lasting legacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

I implore anyone thats anti trump to watch this video and see what his actual views are, dont ignore this just because the media tells you hes an idiot!

• Advertisement

I was more afraid of the Bush presidents and Regan. A lot of what Trump says is bluster and playing to the Gallery. He is like the America version of the Healy Rae's! Trump will lean heavily on his advisors because as a businessman he is not afraid to delegate.

A lot of it is about perception. What actual "change" did Obama bring. It was more of a hope for change. A "yes we can (maybe)"

They are all salesmen when it comes to the crunch and will be tied to American popular opinion and its political system no matter who is elected.

Using race baiting to 'play to the gallery' is possibly even worse than just being a straight up racist. It is playing with fire in a country that is a tinder box, but it's fine for him as he knows he'll be far, far away from any fall out he causes.

Trump hasn't listened to political advisers at all during the election, why do you think he will when president. Do you think he'll suddenly grow thick skin when a foreign leader disrespects him?

If you're attacking Obama for the amount of "change" he made then you're showing you have no understanding of the political system in America. The Republicans did everything they possibly could to block all his policies (literally stated this was their goal), it simply isnt like in Ireland where a government can practically bring in whatever policy they want.

If he wants to be a Healy Rae, I've no problem with him running for governor of Wyoming. Healy Rae's are grand to laugh at but would you want one of them as Taoiseach? Better yet, would you want Danny Healy Rae in charge of nuclear codes??

Depp wrote: »

I implore anyone thats anti trump to watch this video and see what his actual views are, dont ignore this just because the media tells you hes an idiot!

Wow, from a guy who has been a media whore for 35 years they managed to put together nearly a 30 minute video of him sounding reasonable, with nice relaxing music playing behind it for a bonus.

As I said in my last post, if this is what he really is like a person then it makes the sexist, racist, bigoted, and regular generally hateful comments even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

As I said in my last post, if this is what he really is like a person then it makes the sexist, racist, bigoted, and regular generally hateful comments even worse.

I doubt very much if he is any of those things. Just because the media tell you that doesn't make it true.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Depp wrote: »

20+ minutes of twaddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

20+ minutes of twaddle.

And you made that assessment by not watching it? Or did you watch a little and just presume he was lying? Very easy to bolster up your dislike for an individual if you dream up how you imagine they are thinking rather than listening to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Michah

Based on big data analysis over the last 30 days as of June 1st, Trump reports 37 percent of Hispanic positive sentiment versus 41 percent for Clinton. Surprisingly, the candidates tie in negative sentiment across Hispanics at 38 percent, discounting the fact that Latinos default as Democrats or are completely turned off by Trump’s off-color comments. After all, over 50 percent of Latinos identify as political independents.

It seems that not all Latinos dislike Trump. Come to think about, people who came to the US legally are likely to reasonate with his anti illegal immigration stance.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭N365

He said a person couldn't do their job because of their ethnicity.

Would you have a link to where he was quoted as saying that? Was it recently? I can't believe he said that and it hasn't been pounced upon by the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,816 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

InTheTrees wrote: »
    It may not have the impact of the introduction of the NHS in england in the 1950's but the healthcare reform know as ObamaCare is a Huge Gigantic change. After decades of republican opposition finally something has been done.

US healthcare was a complete mess. It still is but its taken a 180 degree turn and is at least heading in the right direction now. Clinton winning the presidency will continue that progress.

Obama has also appointed two supreme court justices which will be his lasting legacy.

It is not much of legacy after all the hype is it? As for Obamacare it is really light stuff by our standards. Plus he was blocked from achieving all he wanted to achieve. Gun control. What happened there the vested interests won. Similarly the vested interests and lobbying will keep any president in check. House of cards may be a drama but it accurate as it shows how tied up an American president is by their own system.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

It is not much of legacy after all the hype is it? As for Obamacare it is really light stuff by our standards. Plus he was blocked from achieving all he wanted to achieve. Gun control. What happened there the vested interests won. Similarly the vested interests and lobbying will keep any president in check. House of cards may be a drama but it accurate as it shows how tied up an American president is by their own system.

Maybe Obama should be judged by what he didn't do. He didn't get the US embroiled in the horror war in Syria. He didn't allow the US to be goaded into a short term but potentially disasterous military reaction to ISIS.
    He avoided direct confrontation with Russia while keeping Putin in check. He has improved relations with former aggressive enemies - Cuba, Vietnam, Iran.
    He stopped the torture and rendition. The economy has slowly but surely improved throughout his watch.
    He brought back a dignity and intelligence to the Office of President. A good man - history will be kind to him. He will be missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Two Tone

LorMal wrote: »
    That's such a poor argument. Is like saying 'he's been a very naughty boy'. Can you at least back up your accusation with some examples?
    Aye. I don't think Obama is amazing or anything, but the hate of him (and things like calling him a maniac - the bar is being set very very low as to what constitutes a maniac if that's the case! Trump must be a super maniac so) is bizarre. Likely just a bandwagon.

• Advertisement

Two Tone wrote: »
    Aye. I don't think Obama is amazing or anything, but the hate of him (and things like calling him a maniac - the bar is being set very very low as to what constitutes a maniac if that's the case! Trump must be a super maniac so) is bizarre. Likely just a bandwagon.

I have been around long enough to to witness left wing studenty types blame absolutely everything wrong in the world on LBJ, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush and Obama respectively.
    They sometimes have a point but more generally I put it down to an excess of hormones and the reliance on Mammy and Daddy to pay the bills.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 976 ✭✭✭beach_walker

I think it's more a realisation that he's a cnut, like most people who reach that level in politics, and the anger stems from that. Remember all the hype about him over back in 2008? Now imagine you're part of that crowd. He takes power and what happens?

- Packs the WH with Wall Street types
    - Doesn't shut Gitmo
    - Massive expansion of drone strikes, sets the frightening precedent of extrajudicual assasinations of US citizens being ok
    - Fuks up Libya, arguably his pathetic climb down on the "red line" in Syria gave ISIS their moment to properly emerge
    - Blames Republicans for blocking stuff (what did he do when both houses were Dem controlled in the first two years of office...?)

He wasn't the worst but I think he's got a lot to answer for. Additionally from an Irish perspective his administration was no friend of the country, I cringed at his Moneygall visit.

I imagine in the coming years we'll see him go down the Jimmy Carter route of leaving a very positive trail in "civilian" life via charities/causes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Would you have a link to where he was quoted as saying that? Was it recently? I can't believe he said that and it hasn't been pounced upon by the media.
    Tapper: But I don't care if you criticize him. That's fine. You can criticize every decision. What I'm saying is, if you invoke his race as a reason why he can't do his job ...

Trump: I think that's why he's doing it

Full link to a couple of interviews(difficult to read because Trump speaks like a 12 year old) where he continues doubling down on his race baiting: http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/article/2016/jun/08/donald-trumps-racial-comments-about-judge-trump-un/

Presumably you'll now be reasonable and denounce his comments as the racist bile they are.

Oh wait, you're a Trump fanboy, you'll probably just double down on your horse**** :)

LorMal wrote: »
    I have been around long enough to to witness left wing studenty types blame absolutely everything wrong in the world on LBJ, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush and Obama respectively.
    They sometimes have a point but more generally I put it down to an excess of hormones and the reliance on Mammy and Daddy to pay the bills.
    And Obama gets ire from both the left and the right.

I think it's more a realisation that he's a cnut, like most people who reach that level in politics, and the anger stems from that. Remember all the hype about him over back in 2008? Now imagine you're part of that crowd. He takes power and what happens?

- Packs the WH with Wall Street types
    - Doesn't shut Gitmo
    - Massive expansion of drone strikes, sets the frightening precedent of extrajudicual assasinations of US citizens being ok
    - Fuks up Libya, arguably his pathetic climb down on the "red line" in Syria gave ISIS their moment to properly emerge
    - Blames Republicans for blocking stuff (what did he do when both houses were Dem controlled in the first two years of office...?)

He wasn't the worst but I think he's got a lot to answer for. Additionally from an Irish perspective his administration was no friend of the country, I cringed at his Moneygall visit.

I imagine in the coming years we'll see him go down the Jimmy Carter route of leaving a very positive trail in "civilian" life via charities/causes etc.
    Yeah I agree he does deserve criticism - I'm talking more about nonsense like calling him a maniac. This flinging of hyperbole like a monkey flinging sh-t (from any political angle) is really damaging online discourse and turning moderates away from discussion.

I don't know what you mean about his administration's relationship with Ireland though - should it be a friend of this country? In what way is it not? That visit was cringey all right (more due to the carry-on of some Irish folk) but it was still pretty positive, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I might move to a big city like New York, London, or Moscow. Better to go out in the glow of nuclear hell-fire than to waste away slowly and painfully as the fallout slowly dissolves your cells.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

I might move to a big city like New York, London, or Moscow. Better to go out in the glow of nuclear hell-fire than to waste away slowly and painfully as the fallout slowly dissolves your cells.
    There's a chance Clinton will lose..

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 976 ✭✭✭beach_walker

I don't know what you mean about his administration's relationship with Ireland though - should it be a friend of this country? In what way is it not?

From my point of view it should be :) Of course that's an Irish man's perspective, I'd hardly expect a yank to feel the same. There's a lot to it but essentially US Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner fuked over the country during the bailout. I think Morgan Kelly has a good bit about it somewhere.

The problem with Obama and Clinton are the lies, and the lies they told to other countries.
    Clinton was the person that convinced Obama to intervene in Libya. They told Russia and the world it was to protect civilians in Benghazi which was a terrorist haven but made out to be innocent people only.
    The Russians saw on their TV screens the lies of the Secretary of State and of Obama when Gaddafi was murdered on the streets of Tripoli.
    These lies backfired when warmonger Hillary Clinton wanted to do the same thing in Syria and bomb Assad.
    The lies of Clinton and Obama got Russia actively involved to prevent Clinton again helping terrorists like she did in Libya, where a lot of weapons including heavy weaponry ended up in the hands of Al Qaeda and subsequently Isis.

The foreign policy of the Obama administration particularly when it had Clinton as Secretary of State was a pure foreign policy disaster. Obama again showed poor judgement when he said Hillary was one of the most qualified ever to run for presidency.
    All the Clintons do is help and assist terrorism, Bill too busy being a sex addict as AQ were attacking US interests like their embassies and the USS Cole while building up to 9/11, as if a few cruise missiles would solve the problem. They had the chance to arrest or kill Bin Laden but did nothing as they knew exactly where he was at one point.
    Hillary as Secretary of State too busy wanting dictators removed to be replaced with terrorists. Hillary supporting the Muslim Brotherhood as they encouraged a civil war against Egyptian Christians which led to the coup by the army to stop the destruction of their country.
    People talk about Trump, but the Clintons have been an absolute disaster, all they bring are scandals and poor judgement. That is why they have a serious trust issue.
    Hillary Clinton couldn't satisfy Bill, what makes people think she can satisfy America?
    Hillary just showed a blood thirst when she had a bit too much power, and now she wants the presidency.

• Advertisement

Hillary wants to break glass ceilings.

The first woman to use nuclear weapons might be on her list.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement