Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

So you didn't watch it. Good job.

Still waiting for you to go into some detail on the entirety of Trump policies' (which you said you were 100% in support of, for all of them - every single policy). Third time asking now, I'm beginning to get worried that you're just like the rest of 'em... full of hot air and completely uneducated and clueless as to what Trump stands for beyond 'bring jobs home', 'build a wall', and 'f*** off muslims'. A charlatan who pretends to know what they are talking about, basically.

Please prove me wrong, stefanovich. Please become the first Boards.ie Trump supporter to talk about actual policies. I'm rooting for ya, be a trendsetter and don't let all the other Trump fans' hatred for talking about anything of substance (such as actual policies) hold you back, have at it and let me know -

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The only policies any of them have is to get elected, same as any politician, Trump is going about it in a strange way given he seems to look for trouble, but I find him far less detestable than Clinton whom I think would be a far worse president.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

InTheTrees wrote: »
    The problem for the right wing is that all they have on clinton is these hackneyed old supermarket tabloid conspiracy theories.

There's six months left until the election. The primaries are now over and Trump is going to have to start getting specific on policies now.

Ah.... The hallmark of shutting down people.. They're anything but theories and the elections will be over long before weve gotten through them all :o

Anyway he's outlined policies on his actual site. It's a bit... "America"-ey, but it's words yer looking for, not terribly cheesy site design.
    https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions
    Should give you a good idea of what he's up to.

BTW, here's Hillary's stance on immigration before a change suited her agenda.

Like most people there, she chops and changes to whatever she wants people to hear, whenever it suits her the most. Trump has been consistent.
    Consistently gruff, consistently insulting, consistently rude and consistently other things, but consistent.

I mean I know Trump is a bit of a dickhead but come on.... Seriously, what's the worst he's done compared to the Clintons? They've had their tentacles around the pie way too long. For the first time in a very long time its possible to elect someone who isn't backed and bought by the kind of people to whom Trump's total worth is chump change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Its dead Jim

Like most people there, she chops and changes to whatever she wants people to hear, whenever it suits her the most. Trump has been consistent.
    Consistently gruff, consistently insulting, consistently rude and consistently other things, but consistent.

I mean I know Trump is a bit of a dickhead but come on.... Seriously, what's the worst he's done compared to the Clintons? They've had their tentacles around the pie way too long. For the first time in a very long time its possible to elect someone who isn't backed and bought by the kind of people to whom Trump's total worth is chump change

The only thing consistent about Trump is he says things for the attention. On actual policies he has held most beliefs possible at one point. His supporters then pick out the bits they like, alter them a bit to sound less ridiculous and then package them as what he really believes while claiming he tells it like it is.

Trump is just cutting out the middleman. He would probably be throwing money at Clinton if he wasn't running himself.

The only thing consistent about Trump is he says things for the attention. On actual policies he has held most beliefs possible at one point. His supporters then pick out the bits they like, alter them a bit to sound less ridiculous and then package them as what he really believes while claiming he tells it like it is.

Trump is just cutting out the middleman. He would probably be throwing money at Clinton if he wasn't running himself.
    Actually he's worked quite closely with the Clintons in the past - repeatedly, too.

Which begs the question, can someone support Hillary knowing she's taken a sizeable amount of Trump Money?
    Can someone support Trump, knowing he's donated to one of the most pitiful excuses for a "non profit" corporation/"charity" this side of Robert Mugabe deciding to set up an alternative to Trocaire...

But while everyone goes about that, they fail to realise that the Clintons have power. If a businessman wants to get ahead at the levels people like Trump and his ilk operate at, you simply have to do it with their blessing, lest it go to someone else. It's not political allegiance, it's business. He could hate her guts, but it would cost him nigh on everything if he went about all his life shouting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Billy86 wrote: »
    So do you want abortion banned in the US and women punished for undergoing it, or would you rather it banned and women not punished?
    Certainly should be banned. As for punishment, well to enforce a law you need consequences...
    Do you think nuclear proliferation is a good thing or a bad thing?
    Depends on who has the weapons.
    Do you think the US President should remain neutral in the Israel/Palestine conflict, or should they side fully with Israel?
    Israel fully. 100%.
    Do you agree with torture as a method used on terrorists and their families? Or do you agree on following international law?
    What level of torture are we talking about? With proven terrorists? I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep.
    Do you consider deporting all illegal immigrants right away to be negotiable or not?
    Illegal? Deportation immediately sounds reasonable.
    Should the ban on Muslims entering include everyone, or should there be exceptions?
    It should be very very difficult to enter the country if you are from a terrorist hotspot. I would err on the side of caution and put the American public first.
    Would you like to see the minimum wage raised or not?
    The minimum wage should be social welfare and you should work for it.
    Would you like to see the wealthy taxed more, or not?
    No. Absolutely not.
    Explain to me how Trump doesn't want to ban all Muslims, how Trump doesn't want to build a wall, or how Trump doesn't claim to want to bring jobs back to the US, then.
    I won't because he does want all those things and for the most part I agree with him.

Apologies for not noticing your post before. I found it quite hilarious and had fun answering your questions. Funny how you make the assumption we are all similarly brainwashed by the dribbling left.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Consistent??

Consistent is the one thing he is not.

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/video/trump-vs.-trump--a-look-at-donald-trumps-evolving-positions-over-the-years-482986563581

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/05/06/five-times-donald-trump-changed-his-position-on-a-really-big-issue/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Jesus they really struggled to put that together didn't they?

Shock horror, in 1999 he had a different opinion to now.

I have very different views on a lots of issues when compared to myself of 10 years ago. Being able to change your mind is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭Christy42

It should be very very difficult to enter the country if you are from a terrorist hotspot.

Who mentioned anything about a terrorist hotspot? Should Muslims be banned from the US? There was nothing about Syrians or people from Iraq being banned from the US. It was Muslims who come from all over the world.

I all find not paying people for being out of work detestable. That would stop people from being able to rebuild their lives and contributing to society again. I see no benefit from ditching it.

Certainly should be banned. As for punishment, well to enforce a law you need consequences...
    That didn't answer the question, do you think the mothers should be punished or the doctors should be punished?
    Depends on who has the weapons.
    So who gets them and who doesn't? And how do you deal with that fallout from those who don't?
    Israel fully. 100%.
    Oh, well then you are not 100% behind everything Trump is for - he wants to be neutral there.

If I win, I don’t want to be in a position where I’m saying to you, and the other side now says, ‘We don’t want Trump involved, we don’t want … ‘

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/foreign-policy/middle-east/israel/donald-trump-gop-neutral-guy-on-israel/
    “Let me be sort of a neutral guy, let’s see what — I’m going to give it a shot. It would be so great.”
    "If I win, I don’t want to be in a position where I’m saying to you, and the other side now says, ‘We don’t want Trump involved, we don’t want … ‘

“Let me be sort of a neutral guy, let’s see what — I’m going to give it a shot. It would be so great.”

What level of torture are we talking about? With proven terrorists? I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep.
    Undisclosed levels of torture (just that they would be "far worse" than waterboarding), with proven terrorists and merely suspected terrorists alike, and all of the families of all of them.

E.g. if this were in the north in the 70s it would result in tens if not hundreds of thousands being tortured to unknown levels.

Directly breaking all forms of currently standing international laws.

So do you support it, or don't you?
    Illegal? Deportation immediately sounds reasonable.
    So you are happy to completely tank the US economy?

If not, please spell out to me how you would plan on NOT tanking the economy while removing around 11-12 million people from it's labour force and tax income.
    It should be very very difficult to enter the country if you are from a terrorist hotspot. I would err on the side of caution and put the American public first.
    That's not what I asked. I asked if you are in favour of banning all Muslims full stop without exception (apart from possibly already being a US citizen or the mayor of London), from entering the US on a holiday, work visa, or otherwise?

Everyone. Not people from 'terrorists hotspots'. Everyone.
    The minimum wage should be social welfare and you should work for it.
    Again you don't agree with Trump, despite claiming to "100%" on everything he stand for.

"And I don't know how people make it on $7.25 an hour. Now, with that being said, I would like to see an increase of some magnitude," Trump said. "But I'd rather leave it to the states. Let the states decide."

Amazingly, you're not only against Trump on this issue once, but twice - he has said he is against reducing social security and not only that, but is against GOP plans to raise retirement age... because Trump does not want them to have to work for it at that age. In fact, unlike you he does not seem to want people to have to work for it at all...

Donald Trump on social security - https://www.thestreet.com/story/13465541/1/donald-trump-s-social-security-plan-makes-a-lot-of-sense.html
    "We as a society must also make an ironclad commitment to providing a safety net for those who can't make one for themselves. Social Security is here to stay. To be sure, we must reform it, root out the fraud, make it more efficient, and ensure that the program is solvent. Same goes for Medicare. Again, people have lived up to their end of the bargain and paid into the program in good faith. Of course they believe they're 'entitled' to receive the benefits they paid for-they are!"

It's looking a little like you might not have actually looked at his stances much at all, to be honest.
    No. Absolutely not.
    So if Trump is to reduce taxes on the wealthy, as well as on the unwealthy, where is the money going to come from? Especially with the economy and businesses collapsing under the weight of every illegal immigrant being magically kicked out overnight. If you are wondering why kicking all the illegals out at the one time would cause massive issues, I have spelled it out here (and that doesn't even get into issues like replacing skill sets and geographic disparity of unemployed citizens vs illegal immigrants).
    I won't because he does want all those things and for the most part I agree with him.
    You've scaled back quite a bit from 'I do. 100%' in response to "So just to be clear, you are 100% unquestioningly behind absolutely every policy Trump is proposing in it's entirety?"
    Apologies for not noticing your post before. I found it quite hilarious and had fun answering your questions. Funny how you make the assumption we are all similarly brainwashed by the dribbling left.
    Well for someone who claims to not be 'brainwashed' (and who wants to claim others are) you also sure are proud to boast about being "100%" "unquestioningly behind absolutely every policy Trump is proposing."

...even the ones you do not support him in. That's either as close to definitively brainwashed as you can be, or the sign of someone who claims to support everything about a man because they like some of the things that man shouts loud and often enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭PistolsAtDawn

WHO'S GOING TO PAY FOR THE WALL????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

I would imagine there will be an increase in nimble navigators the closer we get to November.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 976 ✭✭✭beach_walker

WHO'S GOING TO PAY FOR THE WALL????

The Wildlings.

The Wildlings.
    Donald Trump is going to make the Night's watch great again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,788 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Donald Trump is going to make the Night's watch great again.

You know nothing, Jon Snow. I know everything. I know things, I know the best things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

[QUOTE=Renegade Mechanic; For the first time in a very long time its possible to elect someone who isn't backed and bought by the kind of people to whom Trump's total worth is chump change[/QUOTE]
    Given that trump was stupid enough to bid on every election and pour cash into every looser,then deciding himself to do a run,this just fits a pattern of a loser-funny since actually thats from his actual words when backing every presidential candidate in the past.

Yes he gained momentum with his attitude on f the rest of the world we will be great again,but besides his tv experience running shows which we know are full of drama that's where his skills end,i guess he will be in some show or releasing another book once hes finished cheer-leading around with blonde policies.

Penn wrote: »
    You know nothing, Jon Snow. I know everything. I know things, I know the best things.
    Daenerys wants to take Westeros. Sad!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Any man who must say "I am the President" is no true President.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Its dead Jim

You're a talker, talkers make me thirsty.

Penn wrote: »

Trump Crow: Westeros' Greatest Crow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

RobertKK wrote: »
    The only policies any of them have is to get elected, same as any politician, Trump is going about it in a strange way given he seems to look for trouble, but I find him far less detestable than Clinton whom I think would be a far worse president.

Can you tell us how and in what ways Clinton would be a worse president than Donald Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭rsh118

Watching him (shifts eyes right) read from the tele... (Shifts eyes centre momentarily, shifts eyes left) prompter might have been (shifts eyes right) one of the most painful (shifts eyes centre) look a lot of people are saying to me 'Donald can't read off the TelePrompTer,' he can read off the TelePrompTer I assure you. A lot of people have complimented him on how he reads off the TelePrompTer and he's going to continue doing so. Bigly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

For the first time in a very long time its possible to elect someone who isn't backed and bought by the kind of people to whom Trump's total worth is chump change

More of the usual Trump propaganda here.

Trump is trying hard to get big donors and his team was claiming they were expecting to get in $1 billion in donations. He’s falling flat on his face in reaching that goal with donors are balking at him, they don’t want any association with his next media outburst. Even those from the Republican Party who signed up to help him source donors are stepping back. Now he’s turned to secret Super Pac money that he berated the other Republican Primary Candidates for using, just another example of his total hypocrisy.

But he says he isn’t bought enough times so it has to be true…

Foxtrol wrote: »
    More of the usual Trump propaganda here.

Trump is trying hard to get big donors and his team was claiming they were expecting to get in $1 billion in donations. He’s falling flat on his face in reaching that goal with donors are balking at him, they don’t want any association with his next media outburst. Even those from the Republican Party who signed up to help him source donors are stepping back. Now he’s turned to secret Super Pac money that he berated the other Republican Primary Candidates for using, just another example of his total hypocrisy.

But he says he isn’t bought enough times so it has to be true…

Imagine that. The people with the power, throwing a tantrum because the person they don't want, is getting dangerously close to the Whitehouse.

Imagine that.. The people who literally united the entire establism - sorry, Republican Party against one person thinking anyone would believe them when they said "0h, we might support him", then being surprised when they renege on that support.

Imagine that... The people with the money, refusing to give it to the person they don't want in the Whitehouse. Crazy, isn't it?

Of course he's going to reach out for donors in that case. But I'm afraid that your point of his donors being anything like the mountain of greedy financiers and despot leaders backing up Hillary simply falls flat on it's face.

Give your enemy the respect they command.
    Nobody ever does that. They just assume superiority and when they fail, it's the enemy's fault...

I didn't like him. At all. But I have at least the humility to know that I should pay close attention to someone I dislike, so I can hold my own against someone that's for him.
    And you know what, the more I looked, the more attention I paid, the more I disliked everything around him instead.

It is quite literally in plain writing, how he does what he does, in a book he wrote. If these people wanted to effectively combat that, they should have read it but "ohhhhh no, I'm not giving someone I HATE, the pleasure of seeing me put effort into anything concerning him. We'll just keep doing what we do with the media, it'll kill him off before long".

They can't even see how he turns those tricks against them. The sheer arrogance of them. And they just keep doing it, every single time.

For that, I ended up honestly hoping he wins.
    I'd be lying if I said it doesn't help that he annoys the right people, too.

People say judge someone by the company they keep. The freinds.
    No... Freinds are freinds. Enemies are honest. I judge him by the people who hate him most - and I'm not referring to overgrown children who cry over chalk writing on steps...

Imagine that. The people with the power, throwing a tantrum because the person they don't want, is getting dangerously close to the Whitehouse.

Imagine that.. The people who literally united the entire establism - sorry, Republican Party against one person thinking anyone would believe them when they said "0h, we might support him", then being surprised when they renege on that support.

Imagine that... The people with the money, refusing to give it to the person they don't want in the Whitehouse. Crazy, isn't it?

Of course he's going to reach out for donors in that case. But I'm afraid that your point of his donors being anything like the mountain of greedy financiers and despot leaders backing up Hillary simply falls flat on it's face.

Give your enemy the respect they command.
    Nobody ever does that. They just assume superiority and when they fail, it's the enemy's fault...

I didn't like him. At all. But I have at least the humility to know that I should pay close attention to someone I dislike, so I can hold my own against someone that's for him.
    And you know what, the more I looked, the more attention I paid, the more I disliked everything around him instead.

It is quite literally in plain writing, how he does what he does, in a book he wrote. If these people wanted to effectively combat that, they should have read it but "ohhhhh no, I'm not giving someone I HATE, the pleasure of seeing me put effort into anything concerning him. We'll just keep doing what we do with the media, it'll kill him off before long".

They can't even see how he turns those tricks against them. The sheer arrogance of them. And they just keep doing it, every single time.

For that, I ended up honestly hoping he wins.
    I'd be lying if I said it doesn't help that he annoys the right people, too.

People say judge someone by the company they keep. The freinds.
    No... Freinds are freinds. Enemies are honest. I judge him by the people who hate him most - and I'm not referring to overgrown children who cry over chalk writing on steps...

I’m not sure where to start with that rant. Where is anyone throwing a tantrum, who you’re saying are his enemies? Its clear republicans and their donors want to support him but he makes it so hard for them.

You (and Trump himself) claim that he isn’t bought, as if it’s an achievement he’s tried to make happen, he’s tried repeatedly to sell himself but he’s so repulsive that people aren’t buying. He claimed again and again how terrible and corrupt Super Pacs are but now he’s happy to take their backing (where we’ve no idea who is funding them). The guy is a total hypocrite.

Here are the last 2 days for Trump:
    - Gave himself a good public pat on the back for being ‘right’ about Islamic terrorism
    - Incorrectly said the shooter was an Afgan (either purposely to make his policies on Muslims would have helped in this case or a display of his inability to read)
    - Broadened his policy on stopping Muslims from entering the USA to now include all people from areas where he believes terrorism is a threat
    - Claimed Obama has some secret nefarious reason/role for not being stronger on terror
    - Banned the Washington Post from his events because they were mean to him

Amongst other things in the above he has shown vanity, incompetence, rashness, paranoia, and pettiness.

How anyone thinks the man would be a good President is beyond me.

^ If that's the worst you can say about Trump (I'm almost positive I could say much worse), then how anyone could choose Hillary, or even Sanders over him is beyond me.

You seem to be of the opinion that you can get a "good" person into presidency. I assure you that's not the case. The last "good" one decorated his poor wife with his brain matter.

^ If that's the worst you can say about Trump (I'm almost positive I could say much worse), then how anyone could choose Hillary, or even Sanders over him is beyond me.

You seem to be of the opinion that you can get a "good" person into presidency. I assure you that's not the case. The last "good" one decorated his poor wife with his brain matter.

Where did I say that they are the worst things about him? I gave examples of his actions over the last two days and some of the negative characteristics he displayed in such a short timeframe. I could go back a week and talk about the racist comments he was making then, go through the daily lies, talk about his inexperience, or how his policies (those few he has released) make no sense, and then I’d only be getting warmed up.

It is pointless though, as we’ve seen during the Primary how brainwashed his base are, they have no clue about his policies and just buy into his sound bites that align with their narrow minded, simplistic world view. They ignore evidence of how ‘the straight talker’ is proven time and again to have lied or how ‘the self funded campaign’ takes money from whoever will give it. You’ve simply been taken in by a conman, my hope and expectation is that the majority of the American public won’t be taken in the same way.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Where did I say that they are the worst things about him? I gave examples of his actions over the last two days and some of the negative characteristics he displayed in such a short timeframe. I could go back a week and talk about the racist comments he was making then, go through the daily lies, talk about his inexperience, or how his policies (those few he has released) make no sense, and then I’d only be getting warmed up.

It is pointless though, as we’ve seen during the Primary how brainwashed his base are, they have no clue about his policies and just buy into his sound bites that align with their narrow minded, simplistic world view. They ignore evidence of how ‘the straight talker’ is proven time and again to have lied or how ‘the self funded campaign’ takes money from whoever will give it. You’ve simply been taken in by a conman, my hope and expectation is that the majority of the American public won’t be taken in the same way.

Brainwashed? I can only assume you think the same of Hillary's fans, I mean Trumps supporters tend to be short on the mental gymnastics - which is just as well, because despite your best efforts, he's just not as bad as the media wants him to be.

The gymnastics employed by Hillary's fans on the other hand, are Olympic - tier...
    I also seem to recall him going on about how he would self-fund his initial bid for the nomination, and accept funding if he secured it, to reduce "obligation", btw ;)

Taken by a conman, I think not. I knew what he was like ever before his presidential bid - a lot smarter than people will allow themselves to swallow some pride and accept, letting their dislike cloud their vision while blindly accusing everyone else of the same. What's surprised me is everyone else, to the point that I'll be delighted to see their noses rubbed in it.

I also seem to recall him going on about how he would self-fund his initial bid for the nomination, and accept funding if he secured it, to reduce "obligation", btw
    I'm assuming you have a source? It could well be the case, but I have not heard it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Can you tell us how and in what ways Clinton would be a worse president than Donald Trump?

I posted it earlier in the thread, you can search the thread and you will find it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement