Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Trump really tearing into Hilary Clinton right now.

He says Hillary and Bill Clinton should back the $25 million that Saudi Arabia gave the Clinton foundation.
    He argues how can Hillary say she supports women issues and gay people when she takes money from Saudi Arabia.

Trump talked about what Obama said today about him, that Obama was angrier at him than he was at the terrorist who killed 49 people.
    Having seen obama speak after the Orlando massacre and seen him speak about Trump, he was angrier at Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

RobertKK wrote: »
    Trump really tearing into Hilary Clinton right now.

He says Hillary and Bill Clinton should back the $25 million that Saudi Arabia gave the Clinton foundation.
    He argues how can Hillary say she supports women issues and gay people when she takes money from Saudi Arabia.

Trump talked about what Obama said today about him, that Obama was angrier at him than he was at the terrorist who killed 49 people.
    Having seen obama speak after the Orlando massacre and seen him speak about Trump, he was angrier at Trump.

He's right. He's not a nice person, but he's dead right. A country with laws just about identical to ISIS.
    I mean what kind of sick joke is it that they are elected chair of the United Nations human rights council... They have a worse human development index than Iraq. When they were under Saddam Hussein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I smell the donald winning this election

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

ricero wrote: »

I wouldnt put money on it.

I still think he's going to back out.

You can look at mitt romeys losing numbers from 2012 and see that trump has a massive uphill struggle to even improve them let alone win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Its dead Jim

Maybe you get used to it after giving the same speech 14 times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

There were definitely a lot of people of that when hearing upon the news of the massacre, their first thought was of Donald Trump.

It was a similar scenario after Paris, Brussels and Cologne. Their biggest fear is not terror attacks or mass sexual assaults, their biggest fear is some people that they don't like being elected by the public. It is completely mental.

There were definitely a lot of people of that when hearing upon the news of the massacre, their first thought was of Donald Trump.

Donald trumps first thought was certainly about donald trump.

The only person who's first reaction to the tragedy was to congratulate himself on being "right".

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Donald Trump plays on fear, the problem for Hillary Clinton is there is a real reason for that fear to exist, and Hillary wanting to allow in more Syrian refugees into the US might not be the best plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

It was a similar scenario after Paris, Brussels and Cologne. Their biggest fear is not terror attacks or mass sexual assaults, their biggest fear is some people that they don't like being elected by the public. It is completely mental.

Or maybe the fear is that by having that lunatic in charge, those issues would only get worse?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

1,000th post.

I hate Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Donald trumps first thought was certainly about donald trump.

The only person who's first reaction to the tragedy was to congratulate himself on being "right".

Show me where he congratulated himself? He didn't. You are misrepresenting the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

Donald Trump plays on fear, the problem for Hillary Clinton is there is a real reason for that fear to exist, and Hillary wanting to allow in more Syrian refugees into the US might not be the best plan.

I think it's one of the things that's so repulsive about him tbh. He doesn't appeal to people's better nature; it's never about unity, tolerance and respect, and all about division and hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

tigger123 wrote:
    I think it's one of the things that's so repulsive about him tbh. He doesn't appeal to people's better nature; it's never about unity, tolerance and respect, and all about division and hate.

No room for tolerance when it comes to Islamic terrorism. The last thing they need is a snivelling apologist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

NikoTopps wrote: »
    1,000th post.

I hate Trump.

Fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

No room for tolerance when it comes to Islamic terrorism. The last thing they need is a snivelling apologist.

And the last thing the non-terrorist Muslims need are someone lambasting their entire religion for being terrorists cus that just creates more fundamentalists and ultimately terrorists

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Seems like the Russians hacked the DNC's info on Trump.
    NikoTopps wrote: »
    1,000th post.

I hate Trump.
    Very low energy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

ricero wrote: »

He actually has a damn good chance now.
    Many a slip twixt cup and lip though, he will fall into a few traps. I am not sure the American electorate care about that so much - they want to rock the boat no matter how crazy Donald appears.
    Hillary will be just as divisive to many people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

There's a very real possibility that we could be looking at Trump running the US and Boris Johnson running the UK (if they do indeed vote out of the EU).

Where do they sell the tickets to Mars?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

There's a very real possibility that we could be looking at Trump running the US and Boris Johnson running the UK (if they do indeed vote out of the EU).

Where do they sell the tickets to Mars?

A nuclear bunker and survivalist lessons are way cheaper. :pac: At least Boris doesn't look like he'll nuke anybody for mocking his hands (or himself as a whole), though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

Trump's not coming to Ireland.

• Advertisement

Anybody remember that film about 20 or 30 years ago where a US candidate is winning the election and every sane person is afraid, and at one campaign he's on stage with a load of people and a baby right next to him when an assassin (I think played by Christopher Walken; he had a vision of what the candidate would do in power) attempts to kill him and the candidate grabs the baby to protect himself, has his photo splashed all over the media and loses the campaign?

Somehow that unforgettable scene recurs to me each time I hear of the incredible - as in hard to be credible - progress of this billionaire "man of the people".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Anybody remember that film about 20 or 30 years ago where a US candidate is winning the election and every sane person is afraid, and at one campaign he's on stage with a load of people and a baby right next to him when an assassin (I think played by Christopher Walken; he had a vision of what the candidate would do in power) attempts to kill him and the candidate grabs the baby to protect himself, has his photo splashed all over the media and loses the campaign?

Somehow that unforgettable scene recurs to me each time I hear of the incredible - as in hard to be credible - progress of this billionaire "man of the people".

The Dead Zone (adaptation of the Stephen King book).

Johnny (Christopher Walken) has a premonition about Future President Greg Stilson (Martin Sheen) launching a nuclear strike against the Soviet Union while peace talks continue.

Superb movie

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    The Dead Zone (adaptation of the Stephen King book).

Johnny (Christopher Walken) has a premonition about Greg Stilson (Martin Sheen) launching a nuclear strike against the Soviet Union while peace talks continue.

Superb movie

That's exactly the one. 1983! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,447 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Its called Nick of Time except the assassin was Johnny Depp and it was a US Senator not a presidential candidate. Walken played the guy blackmailing depp into killing the senator. the whole thing plays out in real time. interesting film.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,447 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

well i got that one wrong didnt i :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

When Donald Trump finishes his term is he going to buy a chunk of Inishowen to live in solitaire?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

To be honest , if i was in the states right now it was a choice between Trump and Clinton id be backing Trump 100% . Cant stand Hilary.

Think the media are a little bias in their coverage of him to be honest , hes clearly not an idiot and to be honest he's played a blinder tapping into the political mood in america in order to go from a novelty also ran 12 months ago to the Republican nominee.

Think the media are a little bias in their coverage of him to be honest , hes clearly not an idiot and to be honest he's played a blinder tapping into the political mood in america in order to go from a novelty also ran 12 months ago to the Republican nominee.

Well to be completely honest his misogynistic sexist and racist comments really aren't doing him a lot of good outside of the core base of his supporters who get off on that kind of rhetoric.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

To be honest , if i was in the states right now it was a choice between Trump and Clinton id be backing Trump 100% . Cant stand Hilary.

There is a difference though between reality TV and actually running a country. Sadly Americans seem to have forgotten that, which would explain his success.
    Also, The Apprentice is a pet hate of mine, too many sad, hopeless middle managers in cheap Dunnes nylon suits with polyester ties getting ideas that being an absolute arse is the correct way to behave in business.
    We'll see what happens if he gets elected and tries his bullyboy tactics on good ole Vlad. And that's when the difference between reality TV and reality will become very apparent very fast.
    The problem with democracy is, it just doesn't work, because the average voter sitting in front of his TV and drooling into his beer simply does not have the mental capacity to understand that this is not a fcuking joke. Clinton is not perfect, but at least she understands that.
    One last point, this is just one step away from privatising government. One step closer to a world run by Disney, Coca Cola and the oil industry. i mean we have that now, but imagine even more so. All due to laziness, greed, stupidity, gullibility and complacency of the people.
    People say "I want to see what happens". Well, to find out, remove an airbag from a car, sit on it and connect the wires to a battery.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement