Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Campaign finance.. Jesus Christ lads just look up at how her campaign has been financed.

Its going to take a liberal leaning Supreme Court to decide against some of the practically corrupt practices the republicans have introduced in elections.

yes, the system is a mess, its biased towards the wealthy corporations but at least she's talking about changing it and that isnt going to happen with trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

RobertKK wrote: »
    Latest CNN polls

As I said earlier, looking at polls on a nation level is stupid, you need to look at the college electorate.

These are interesting though as if translated nationally they could drive people to become active/to the polls.

Temperament for presidency
    Clinton 56%
    Trump 32%

Would be afraid if elected
    Clinton 46%
    Trump 56%

Would be embarassed if elected
    Clinton 39%
    Trump 56%

It also states that 70% of people have already made up their minds and don't believe they will change (37% Clinton vs 33% Trump). If accurate it doesnt leave much to play for.

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Its going to take a liberal leaning Supreme Court to decide against some of the practically corrupt practices the republicans have introduced in elections.

yes, the system is a mess, its biased towards the wealthy corporations but at least she's talking about changing it and that isnt going to happen with trump.

Yeah, liberal justices would take out Citzens United which would definitely sort out a lot of the campaign financing issues.

The voter right act invalidation was also ridiculous and would be over-turned, especially seeing how much fun the red states have had with limiting the availability of accessing voter IDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

On CNN they were discussing how Hillary a couple of weeks back gave a speech which was suppose to be about her foreign policy, but it attacked Trump's foreign policy.
    They said she did this as the American people know how bad she was as secretary of state.

Then Hillary just hours ago gave what was suppose to be a speech about her economic ideas, but instead was an attack on Trump's economic policies.
    It was said on CNN it was Hillary not wanting to discuss her own policies and remind people of her links to Wall street.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

While with Trumps judges a person will get sent to jail for being gay.

I'm going to lump that argument in the 'Trump is literally Hitler! pile, and lump you into the pile containing the person who criticised a Holocaust survivor for trying to tell them he wasn't. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

I'm going to lump that argument in the 'Trump is literally Hitler! pile, and lump you into the pile containing the person who criticised a Holocaust survivor for trying to tell them he wasn't. :D

Those are both probably serious posts but that's pretty much what I would write for a laugh.
    White male privilege is certainly a powerful drug..
    Mein sides!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Its dead Jim

Well at least you aren't trying to defend his judge picks. You might as well just start calling everyone a cuck.

RobertKK wrote: »
    On CNN they were discussing how Hillary a couple of weeks back gave a speech which was suppose to be about her foreign policy, but it attacked Trump's foreign policy.
    They said she did this as the American people know how bad she was as secretary of state.

Then Hillary just hours ago gave what was suppose to be a speech about her economic ideas, but instead was an attack on Trump's economic policies.
    It was said on CNN it was Hillary not wanting to discuss her own policies and remind people of her links to Wall street.

And today Trump tried bring over some Evangelical leaders and all he talked about was how terrible Clinton was, probably because he is 'Mr 2 Corinthians'.

They're both targeting each other because their opponent is their best chance to get elected. Trump is however continuously giving more and more ammo to those using him

• Registered Users Posts: 23,735 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2016/6/11/1537582/-The-most-thorough-profound-and-moving-defense-of-Hillary-Clinton-I-have-ever-seen

Yes, it is pro-Clinton, but as someone who'll freely admit to not knowing the facts, it's interesting to get another side of the story. I'm also ignoring the sexism motive theory in it - potential reasons are not as important as whether she is honest/misrepresented or not.

• Advertisement

Trevor Noah is terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 23,735 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Trevor Noah is terrible

Is this guy better?

Surreal. This must be the most insane American election ever but it should not even be a contest. Trump has done amazing by narrowing everything to simple soundbites. Not as stupid as people think in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,771 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Trump all the way, primarily for lulz and a new approach to peace/war on earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Trump all the way, primarily for lulz and a new approach to peace/war on earth.

You mean starting new ones if he perceives insults from other heads of state/government?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

Surreal. This must be the most insane American election ever but it should not even be a contest. Trump has done amazing by narrowing everything to simple soundbites. Not as stupid as people think in my opinion.
    He is. But many people are more stupid than you might think as well.

He knows how to manage the media. But that wasn't ever in doubt. It depends how you define stupidity and intelligence I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

The fact the OPs post has 45 "Thanks" is pretty worrying.

Whether one thinks Trump is awful and Clinton great, or vice versa, one thing is clear.

They were once great friends their daughters are best friends...and the difference between them might be a lot less than the caricatures of both suggest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Whether one thinks Trump is awful and Clinton great, or vice versa, one thing is clear.

They were once great friends their daughters are best friends...and the difference between them might be a lot less than the caricatures of both suggest.
    The US presidential elections are a Punch & Judy show for the mob, the meatbots for the economy, the power lays elsewhere*. A cowboys and indians black hat/white hat show. Binary politics keeps it simple for the hayseeders and the short of attention span.

It's just this time it went full retard and got away from them a tad. Think on this; even for Republicans, they've gone from Abraham Lincoln to Donald effing Trump. If that isn't one of the most precipitous falls into the idiocracy shitpit I dunno what is.

I'd hate to be that percentage of informed, intelligent but fairly silent Americans right now. They've a political choice between getting kicked in the nuts or kicked in the arse. Unless the Yanks go completely eye swivel, window licking crazy Hilary will get in. First woman US president. With the Black box already ticked they get the twofer. A horrible woman though.

*no requirement for alien lizards. The rest of government, civil service, the military and industry and "Wall st" suffice very well thanks.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

They knew each other but great friends? I don't see that anywhere.

They knew each other but great friends? I don't see that anywhere.

Yes, Trump used to be personal friends with the Clintons, and was a supporter of Hillary until he tossed his hat into the ring, at which point he apparently decided she was the antichrist. Or so I've gathered anyway, not looked into it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

As far as I can tell Trump would be considered an isolationist, in terms of foreign policy. And Clinton would be a continuation of Americas imperialism.

Would that be a fair shout?

Even Putin claimed to not know Donald Trump.
    It's obvious he does by saying he doesn't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Crooked Hillary Clinton is going to get destroyed. The Donald is too strong, too clever and knows how to use the media. He will walk all over her in the debates by just laying out her horrific record while in power.

Crooked Hillary Clinton is going to get destroyed. The Donald is too strong, too clever and knows how to use the media. He will walk all over her in the debates by just laying out her horrific record while in power.

And anything else he can get to stick.

I'm actually less sure than I was that Clinton IS so corrupt and evil. I mean, I've been told she is approximately 4,956 times during this run, but half of what gets tossed her way seems to be mild rubbish. I mean, I'm open to convincing that she IS guilty of something, but in comparison to some of the insane troll logic that Trump keeps spewing... at least she SOUNDS sane. If Trump does half the things he's threatening to (did he -really- imply nuking the Middle East? And suggesting the Russians should hack the FBI database? And waterboarding and "whatever comes after that"? I mean, honestly, what the actual ****?)

Samaris wrote: »
    I'm actually less sure than I was that Clinton IS so corrupt and evil. I mean, I've been told she is approximately 4,956 times during this run, but half of what gets tossed her way seems to be mild rubbish. I mean, I'm open to convincing that she IS guilty of something, but in comparison to some of the insane troll logic that Trump keeps spewing... at least she SOUNDS sane.

Think about this...twenty five years of intense right wing scrutiny. Multiple partisan congressional investigations.

And what have the republicans ever got against her? SHe may or may not have sent official email from home.

And yes somehow people have this impression she's evil and horrible and terrible but they have trouble articulating exactly why.

Could it be a quarter century of republican trolls attacking her?

That one in particular does sound like mountain, meet molehill.

Wibbs wrote: »
    I'd hate to be that percentage of informed, intelligent but fairly silent Americans right now. They've a political choice between getting kicked in the nuts or kicked in the arse.

The prospect of a trump presidency is terrifying.

If trump wins the election gay marriage goes away. Abortion rights go away. Minority voting rights are at risk.

He's going to privatise pensions.

He will remove healthcare for over 14 million people by dismantling obamacare.

Any hope of gun control will be gone.

ANd he has no interest in campaign finance reform.

What other differences are there...?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I's funny to see Fox News trying to sound positive about Trump when when behind it all I'd say they're fuming he got the nomination.

I think he's a better option than Cruz though, that fella is batsh1t crazy IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man who will walk all over Hillary in the debates.

• Advertisement

I am unsure if Trump -can- take Hilary Clinton in the debates. He's not really a very good speaker, to be honest. And does anyone actually -know- what his platforms are? He mostly seems to be campaigning with a lot of wind and guff and insults and very little actual content.

It's honestly like an internet troll took a wrong turn and ended up in the running because people are that sick of The Establishment. So even if he continues to have no content, no real plans and not an ounce of potential common sense or courtesy when it comes to foreign affairs...he might still get people through just continuing to shout, I really don't know.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement