Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

ebbsy wrote: »
    What could be very bad for our economy was the fact that our stupid government were not open to welcoming Trump to Ireland.

They better hope he doesn't win.

So you think that Trumps foreign policy will be based on grudge holding? Says a lot about his suitability for the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

So you think that Trumps foreign policy will be based on grudge holding? Says a lot about his suitability for the role.

From the sounds of it, it absolutely will be.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

This man is not fit to run his country or to have global influence. This is worth a read:

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/07/25/donald-trumps-ghostwriter-tells-all

Great article.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,325 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

mzungu wrote:
    Great article.

Really interesting. The guy is almost certainly a sociopath so it's absolutely impossible to predict what exactly l he would do as president. Whatever he does will have an element of self aggrandisement in every move.

It would be a short road to war as waging war is the ultimate show of power. Scarry.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Really interesting. The guy is almost certainly a sociopath so it's absolutely impossible to predict what exactly l he would do as president. Whatever he does will have an element of self aggrandisement in every move.

It would be a short road to war as waging war is the ultimate show of power. Scarry.

Could you imagine him in negotiations like the one with Iran a few years back? Most definitely a sociopath...but the real scary thing (highlighted in that article) is that Trump truly believes his own BS. A very dangerous combination.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

The guy is insane.
    Just reading about him fighting with the bereaved parents of a slain Muslim-American soldier on twitter.
    This alone makes him unelectable.

He remains hilarious and interesting though.
    A presidency with him would also be hilarious and interesting. Like the political system eating itself.

Edit: I notice i say in my OP I would love to see him beat Hillary.

I wouldn't. Even though part of me (the troll part) would be fascinated by him as president.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

The guy is insane.
    Just reading about him fighting with the bereaved parents of a slain Muslim-American soldier on twitter.
    This alone makes him unelectable.

Getting pasted from both sides over those remarks and rightly so. His rash remarks remind me of Gerry Adams and the ridiculous remarks he makes on social media. Wouldn't surprise me if these remarks do Trump more good than harm in the ratings, just like Adams.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,735 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Go to 2:00.

This is Trump's most impressive moment (and that is saying something!). Because he brings up 9/11 at this point in this speech Ted Cruz has to actually stand there like a fool applauding him!! As hilarious as it is it's so inept, Trump is not even a career politician.

This is what Trump can do well when he is focused in fairness.

And that is the story of why Trump is the Republican candidate because the other contenders were all too weak and stupid, as above.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭cml387

I cannot get out of my head a comparison between Trump's candidacy and an incident in Irish history from not so long ago.

In 2008 the great Irish public voted to send Dustin the Turkey to represent Ireland in the Eurovision song contest. We thought that now that we weren't doing as well as we did when we used to own the competition, we'd send a gigantic "eff you" to Europe.

The US will probably elect their own Dustin to the presidency of the United States in a similar gesture of "eff you" to a political establishment that they feel, with some justification, has abandoned them.

So it doesn't matter how outrageous Trump's comments are, how blatant the lies, how offensive the views he expresses. He's Dustin and that's what they expect of him.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Crooked Hillary with her latest Khan stunt is rather hilarious at just how manipulative it is. The same woman who voted for the Iraq war and sent his son off to an illegal war.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

I wonder could Hillary decide just to resign from running,as in say let trump have the lead,and then we could just hear trumps actual plans,and then people realizing how fcukd they are,and just chaos unraveling :D

And that is the story of why Trump is the Republican candidate because the other contenders were all too weak and stupid, as above.

It's good from trump because he didn't address the question. Instead he talked about 9/11.

The Muslim parents who lost their son and said Trump has sacrificed nothing, he replied by saying he has achieved a tremendous amount and has had tremendous success in business.

He's the best I've ever seen at avoiding answering the question asked and distracting the audience with whatever answer he wants to give.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Crooked Hillary with her latest Khan stunt is rather hilarious at just how manipulative it is. The same woman who voted for the Iraq war and sent his son off to an illegal war.

The same Iraq war that Trump didn’t mind that his running mate voted for?

Was it as manipulative as Trump having a mother of one of the soldier’s who died in Benghazi speak during his convention, where she blamed Clinton for the death of her son?

Big difference is that Hillary managed to not act like a spoilt, tiny handed, egomaniac child and lash out at the grieving parent. He has a dangerous lack of self control.

It's good from trump because he didn't address the question. Instead he talked about 9/11.

The Muslim parents who lost their son and said Trump has sacrificed nothing, he replied by saying he has achieved a tremendous amount and has had tremendous success in business.

He's the best I've ever seen at avoiding answering the question asked and distracting the audience with whatever answer he wants to give.

It's because his followers are the lowest knuckle draggers of society, who can't or refuse to see through his lies. He wasn't wrong when he said he could shoot someone on the street and his followers wouldn't turn away from him.

People saying he's a straight talker is the most laughable thing I've ever heard, I don't think I've heard him answer one question 'straight' yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

I have spent the last few days doing some reading up on his business achievements and he seems to have leveraged his fathers position and successes and the bankruptcy laws to the max.

I agree that he is outstanding when it comes to dealing with the media. He is a man of few talents but his ability to dodge questions is outstanding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Foxtrol wrote: »

The same Iraq war that Trump didn t mind that his running mate voted for?

Was it as manipulative as Trump having a mother of one of the soldier s who died in Benghazi speak during his convention, where she blamed Clinton for the death of her son?

Big difference is that Hillary managed to not act like a spoilt, tiny handed, egomaniac child and lash out at the grieving parent. He has a dangerous lack of self control.
    Clinton only betrayed the men of Benghazi but whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

Foxtrol wrote: »
    The same Iraq war that Trump didn’t mind that his running mate voted for?

Was it as manipulative as Trump having a mother of one of the soldier’s who died in Benghazi speak during his convention, where she blamed Clinton for the death of her son?

There's a big difference. Hillary actually played a role in their deaths, while Trump had nothing to do with Khan's death. Trump is strongly against the type of people who killed their son, so the whole spin makes little sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

So now a close ally and adviser to Trump and his campaign is attemting to paint the father of that Khan fella as a Muslim Brotherhood spy.

Just when you thought they couldn't get any more cuntish.

How will the Drumpfsters spin this one?

https://twitter.com/RogerJStoneJr/status/759941783098761216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Idiotic scumbags

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

So now a close ally and adviser to Trump and his campaign is attemting to paint the father of that Khan fella as a Muslim Brotherhood spy.

Idiotic scumbags

Attck attack lie lie.

He knows great people does Donald. Great and brilliant people. They're always calling. Always calling him telling him how right he is and how they love what he's doing.

• Advertisement

Clinton only betrayed the men of Benghazi but whatever.

After 8 investigations, nearly all led by Republicans, they came up with nothing against her.

To put that in contrast, 66 people died in embassy attacks during George W. Bush's time in the Whitehouse and there were zero investigations.

Nice job ignoring my points regarding Pence voting for the Iraq War and Trump first using of similar 'manipulation' that you were having a cry about.

As you have the same skills at ignoring questions as your small handed candidate so I wont be responding again.

Berserker wrote:
    I agree that he is outstanding when it comes to dealing with the media. He is a man of few talents but his ability to dodge questions is outstanding.
    Foxtrol wrote:
    People saying he's a straight talker is the most laughable thing I've ever heard, I don't think I've heard him answer one question 'straight' yet.

They say the best way to lie is to convince yourself of the lie, then simply tell the truth.i wouldn't be at all surprised if he believes everything he's saying and delivers it with complete confidence. Thats why he's both a straight talker and a duplicitous snake.

If you take any one thing he says in isolation it sounds straight to the point and in plain English. It's only when you see him say something you know to be a lie that you know he can lie so convincingly. As people keep saying, he's a sociopath.

There's a big difference. Hillary actually played a role in their deaths

Point me to one investigation that found this. She had as much to do with the deaths as Trump has for men who died on his building sites.
    Trump is strongly against the type of people who killed their son, so the whole spin makes little sense.

There's no spin. They agree with him being against the people who killed their son, their point is that the idiotic and racist way he wants to go about doing it is unconstitutional and if enacted earlier would have meant their son never being in America.

They say the best way to lie is to convince yourself of the lie, then simply tell the truth.i wouldn't be at all surprised if he believes everything he's saying and delivers it with complete confidence. Thats why he's both a straight talker and a duplicitous snake.

If you take any one thing he says in isolation it sounds straight to the point and in plain English. It's only when you see him say something you know to be a lie that you know he can lie so convincingly. As people keep saying, he's a sociopath.

Agree with this. It’s in plain English only because he boils down complicated subjects to a level where the lowest common denominator can understand. Think it was Jeffries that said ‘If you think he’s a straight talker, you’re just an idiot’.

The problem is that this ‘plain English’ response goes from anywhere from unconstitutional, to being not feasible, to being downright dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭Christy42

Trump is strongly against the type of people who killed their son, so the whole spin makes little sense.

Trump is against Mike Pence? First I have heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Idiotic scumbags

He's still in Republican nomination mode, but that's a battle to see who can appeal most to those who are already Republicans.

From an election perspective, he really needs somebody who is able to control him and explain who he needs to be appealing to now, and what it is those people will like hearing.

I'm not sure he's a guy that 'tones it down' though.

osarusan wrote:
    From an election perspective, he really needs somebody who is able to control him and explain who he needs to be appealing to now, and what it is those people will like hearing.

I'm not sure he's a guy that 'tones it down' though.

This is where I think you're wrong. People forget that he isn't saying the things he says now because he believes them from a principled perspective. He's saying them because they are what the audience want to hear.

He won't need to be told what to say to the general population, he just needs to be told what the general population wants to believe. He will join the dots for them and people will be amazed

There will be complete shock over the next few months as trump changes his approach. The media will hail the arrival of the new 'presidential trump'. He won't have principals then either, he will just say what suits him in the moment. When asked why he changed his message he will say that he has had tremendous success in business and will bring jobs back to the American people.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

There will be complete shock over the next few months as trump changes his approach. The media will hail the arrival of the new 'presidential trump'. He won't have principals then either, he will just say what suits him in the moment. When asked why he changed his message he will say that he has had tremendous success in business and will bring jobs back to the American people.

Well given that he's heading for a landslide loss to Clinton he better change something that he's doing because it aint working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

This is where I think you're wrong. People forget that he isn't saying the things he says now because he believes them from a principled perspective. He's saying them because they are what the audience want to hear.
    I agree with you, but I think this is an example of him not getting it right - misjudging what it is the audience want to hear.

If he is going to change his approach, he hasn't done it yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement