Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

osarusan wrote: »
    I'm not sure he's a guy that 'tones it down' though.

His achilles heel is that he cant let anything go.

All the news today in the USA is about trump going after Gold Star Families, they're the families of dead soldiers.

Unbelievable. He doesnt seem able to hold himself back.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,325 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

InTheTrees wrote:
    Well given that he's heading for a landslide loss to Clinton he better change something that he's doing because it aint working.

No he isn't!

Polls quoted in the Financial Times after the convention put Clinton ahead by 8 and 5. That's not a landslide anything. The Remain side in the Brexit referendum was ahead by more than that with 3 months to go.

The polls underestimated the conservative vote and I think they are doing it again. An interesting point about Brexit exit polls were wrong by 4%. That could simply be the margin for error but there's a great chance that people lied to the pollsters. I think trump's vote is being underestimated in the polls here too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

So now a close ally and adviser to Trump and his campaign is attemting to paint the father of that Khan fella as a Muslim Brotherhood spy.

Just when you thought they couldn't get any more cuntish.

How will the Drumpfsters spin this one?

https://twitter.com/RogerJStoneJr/status/759941783098761216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Idiotic scumbags

Jesus. Just when you think Trump couldn't possibly stoop much lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Either way it's Trump all over the media again today. Clinton on the inside pages I'd bet. Somewhere towards the middle maybe.

McCain & Co. should know better. He wants this attention and gets it by throwing digs and getting a reaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

No he isn't!

Polls quoted in the Financial Times after the convention put Clinton ahead by 8 and 5. That's not a landslide anything. The Remain side in the Brexit referendum was ahead by more than that with 3 months to go.

The polls underestimated the conservative vote and I think they are doing it again. An interesting point about Brexit exit polls were wrong by 4%. That could simply be the margin for error but there's a great chance that people lied to the pollsters. I think trump's vote is being underestimated in the polls here too.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/president/

If people telling lies to pollsters how does that explain spike after republican convention. With the Electrol College system 5% could be a huge landslide. In 1980 Regan got 50.7% and Carter got 41% leading to 489 EC votes to 49.

Also RCP average poll in 2012 only had Obama ahead by .7% the final victory lot more than that. US poling way more accurate than any where else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

No he isn't!

Do you know how the electoral college vote works? Obama beat Romney by 3.9% of the popular vote but destroyed him in the electoral vote 332 to 206. A 5-8% loss would be a total annihilation.

It’s the swing States that count and the path for Trump to win is extremely narrow. There’s several he’s neck and neck in a few points behind but he has to pretty much win them all or bring in States that have voted democrat for decades (without losing any normally republican).

This year is strange so he could turn out a lot of white folk that never voted before but similarly the anti-Trump vote could be just as substantial.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

So now a close ally and adviser to Trump and his campaign is attemting to paint the father of that Khan fella as a Muslim Brotherhood spy.

Idiotic scumbags

Lol, try reading the link. Whether or not he's a member of the Brotherhood doesn't matter to me personally. His "inspiration" for and belief in Shariah means he can still get ****ed, along with everyone else who shares it. I'd care more for the dead son than him, assuming his beliefs.

Their son certainly didn't die in a war Hillary voted for just so they could come out in support of Hillary, now that's idiocy.. Given Mr Pences stance aswell, the best thing they could have done is openly disapprove of both candidates.
    His wife's input also pretty well illustrated the man's belief set. Yeah, no...

Couldn't care less if he was a member of the Brotherhood, Al Nusra, Isis, a completely unaffiliated person, whatever.
    Those beliefs don't belong in the west any more than we belong meddling in the Middle East.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Idiotic scumbags

I see the father is now just an ' aggrieved father of a muslim son'...
    No mention of a goldstar family, the dead muslim son being an American hero..??

Lest we forget? Hell, we'll mak'em forget.:eek::rolleyes:
    Who buys into this whole trump campaign of hate&division crap..? #restoringfraudamericasgreatness

If people telling lies to pollsters how does that explain spike after republican convention.
    I don't understand the question. Why would one explain the other? I'm suggesting that some people lied to exit pollsters in the brexit referendum. I think it was because they didn't want to explain themselves because any time they discussed it with people they were called racist (many were) or stupid (many were).
    With the Electrol College system 5% could be a huge landslide. In 1980 Regan got 50.7% and Carter got 41% leading to 489 EC votes to 49.
    Foxtrol wrote:
    Do you know how the electoral college vote works? Obama beat Romney by 3.9% of the popular vote but destroyed him in the electoral vote 332 to 206. A 5-8% loss would be a total annihilation.

I get the electoral college and the polls were national. My main point is that he has been spouting inconsistent right wing racist nonsense for over a year and is only 5-8% behind. He hasn't even begun to charm the independents yet.
    Foxtrol wrote:
    This year is strange so he could turn out a lot of white folk that never voted before but similarly the anti-Trump vote could be just as substantial.

Just wait until he starts telling the unemployed/under emloyed that yes going to bring jobs to their area. He has had tremendous success in business and he alone can bring the jobs back to their town. I guarantee he will start picking up Latino and black voters. He'll tell them what they want to hear and if they believe he can get them a job, he'll pick up votes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭Hoop66

You might be right, but I hope to fuck you're not.

• Advertisement

I don't understand the question. Why would one explain the other? I'm suggesting that some people lied to exit pollsters in the brexit referendum. I think it was because they didn't want to explain themselves because any time they discussed it with people they were called racist (many were) or stupid (many were).

I get the electoral college and the polls were national. My main point is that he has been spouting inconsistent right wing racist nonsense for over a year and is only 5-8% behind. He hasn't even begun to charm the independents yet.

Just wait until he starts telling the unemployed/under emloyed that yes going to bring jobs to their area. He has had tremendous success in business and he alone can bring the jobs back to their town. I guarantee he will start picking up Latino and black voters. He'll tell them what they want to hear and if they believe he can get them a job, he'll pick up votes

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/06/15/three-takeaways-from-donald-trumps-negative-poll-numbers/

In the US unfavourable poll numbers can be the most important thing to look at:

"Mr. Trump’s unfavorable ratings continuing to spike. Seven in 10 respondents view Mr. Trump unfavorably; that includes 94% of African Americans and 89% of Hispanics. His favorability among non-college-educated whites–his base–has fallen 21 points since last month."

In the US unfavourable poll numbers can be the most important thing to look at:

I'd say none of that is untrue but it is somewhat be gated my hillary's high unfavourable ratings.

His lack of grass roots campaigns is unusual but he gets so much free TV and radio airtime that I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't matter too much.

He shouldn't be anywhere near as close as he is to hillary. But he is and he has 3 months to convince the independents that they want him/don't want hillary.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

You have to understand that nearly 50% of the country is Republican and the other option is Hillary Clinton, who the majority of Republicans despises. These people are ingrained in who they vote for, like in Ireland with FF, they all want to vote for him but he’s making it worse for moderates as each day goes by. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see those who are ‘lying to pollsters’ about not for Trump being similar to those Republicans who tell them they will be voting for him but instead stay home and/or make it to the poll and vote Hillary.

His ‘tremendous success’ can be debated but I’m not a believer. He’s definitely not self made and his business practices, outsourcing, bankruptcies, foreign labour, could put off as many as they bring in.

I don’t see him picking up many of either community as he has made himself completely toxic to both through his comments. He recently came in at zero percent support amongst black voters in one State (maybe Ohio), that’s embarrassing and unless Clinton does something stupid there’s no coming back. He also only seems able to double down and appeal to current base by putting off other voters, his demonization of the BLM movement and his promotion of ‘illegals are killers’ in the last few weeks are examples that I see continuing. He can’t help himself.

Foxtrol wrote:
    You have to understand that nearly 50% of the country is Republican and the other option is Hillary Clinton, who the majority of Republicans despises. These people are ingrained in who they vote for, like in Ireland with FF, they all want to vote for him but he’s making it worse for moderates as each day goes by. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see those who are ‘lying to pollsters’ about not for Trump being similar to those Republicans who tell them they will be voting for him but instead stay home and/or make it to the poll and vote Hillary.

I don't disagree with your broad point but I think the number of self described in dependants I'd on the rise for the last couple of decades. I think abut 30% consider themselves independent but your point broadly stands.

On the people lying to pollsters. I have seen evidence of people doing the desperately unpopular thing in voting Tory and Leave and in both cases the polls before the election and the exit polls did not reflect the reality and both underestimated. Personally I think it was the fact that you could be associated with undesirable traits (austerity and favouring the rich in voting tory and racism and ignorance in voting Leave). I don't see anything like that happen in the other way around.
    Foxtrol wrote:
    His ‘tremendous success’ can be debated but I’m not a believer. He’s definitely not self made and his business practices, outsourcing, bankruptcies, foreign labour, could put off as many as they bring in.

His 'tremendous success' is a fabrication but that doesn't matter at this point. He has spent a career telling people about how tremendously successful he is. It has proven to be a great answer to any questions he doesn't want to address.
    Foxtrol wrote:
    I don’t see him picking up many of either community as he has made himself completely toxic to both through his comments. He recently came in at zero percent support amongst black voters in one State (maybe Ohio), that’s embarrassing and unless Clinton does something stupid there’s no coming back. He also only seems able to double down and appeal to current base by putting off other voters, his demonization of the BLM movement and his promotion of ‘illegals are killers’ in the last few weeks are examples that I see continuing. He can’t help himself.

Just wait until he promises jobs and conservative values. You'll start hearing Latino fellas saying 'I don't agree with everything he says but he's got a proven track record as a great businessman and he's going to bring the jobs back to America. And he's anti abortion'. He'll probably let Mike Pence deliver the religious speeches.

It's hard to see him picking up many black votes but I would be surprised if he doesn't make a big fuss about black people cluster to the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Um, are we all ignoring the fact that there is possibly emails out there that show Hillary armed ISIS?

Also:

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/760118982393430016

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Um, are we all ignoring the fact that there is possibly emails out there that show Hillary armed ISIS?

Also:

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/760118982393430016

I love that the only response supporters of Trump have to criticism of him is 'but but muh Hillary bashing!'.

Says a lot tbh.

I love that the only response supporters of Trump have to criticism of him is 'but but muh Hillary bashing!'.

Says a lot tbh.

He's a deeply flawed candidate but i reckon he might be a better president than the candidate who is funding the enemies of the country that they want to be president of.

He's a deeply flawed candidate but i reckon he might be a better president than the candidate who is funding the enemies of the country that they want to be president of.

Since at least the 50's the USA has armed people who turn out to be their enemy. I'm surprised the State Department don't just say if we want to arm them sure as **** within a decade they will be trying to kill us.

Since at least the 50's the USA has armed people who turn out to be their enemy. I'm surprised the State Department don't just say if we want to arm them sure as **** within a decade they will be trying to kill us.

Oh right, so you are ok with that going on as long as it's the right-on lefty candidate doing it on behalf of the right-on lefty president?

Hillary is a truly reprehensible candidate but libs will vote for her because of her gender and the fact that Obama has given her the nod. Disregard the blood on her hands.

No he isn't!

Yes.

He is.

Its all about the Electoral College.

If the election were held today he would most likely lose in a landslide.

He has an awful organisation. Up until the conventions he hadnt even hired staff in a lot of states. And since the conventions he doesnt seem to know what he's doing. He spent about four days campaigning in solidly blue states which is just wasted time. And now he's going after military vets which is about the one demographic group that he actually was getting some support from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,197 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Has anyone seen the New York Post today, hopefully then don't do the same with Hillary...
    NSFW I think, not sure if boobs are still banned on the new liberal boards. http://nypost.com/2016/08/01/melania-trumps-girl-on-girl-photos-from-racy-shoot-revealed/

I'd much prefer to see Melina for the next few years rather than Bill and Hillarys ugly mugs.

Has anyone seen the New York Post today, hopefully then don't do the same with Hillary...
    NSFW I think, not sure if boobs are still banned on the new liberal boards. http://nypost.com/2016/08/01/melania-trumps-girl-on-girl-photos-from-racy-shoot-revealed/

I'd much prefer to see Melina for the next few years rather than Bill and Hillarys ugly mugs.

Did they publish anything about Obamas daughter flashing her arse on camera at Lollapalooza?

Oh right, so you are ok with that going on as long as it's the right-on lefty candidate doing it on behalf of the right-on lefty president?

Hillary is a truly reprehensible candidate but libs will vote for her because of her gender and the fact that Obama has given her the nod. Disregard the blood on her hands.

I never said I was ok with it. I simply pointed out its a tactic of the USA. A deeply troubling one but never the less one. Regan brought it to spectacular levels by also helping the coke and crack problem in the USA.

Did they publish anything about Obamas daughter flashing her arse on camera at Lollapalooza?

Googles furiously.....:pac:

Just wait until he promises jobs and conservative values. You'll start hearing Latino fellas saying 'I don't agree with everything he says but he's got a proven track record as a great businessman and he's going to bring the jobs back to America. And he's anti abortion'. He'll probably let Mike Pence deliver the religious speeches.

So you think trump has been holding off on promising jobs and conservative values?

And he's suddenly going to announce "jobs" and the minorities will come flocking to him?

Trump ants to abolish the minimum wage. Trump is against Unions. he's against immigration.

They want to ban abortion. Ban gay marriage.

They want to privatize old age pensions. They want to abolish healthcare for the poor.

http://nypost.com/2016/07/29/malia-obama-skipped-the-dnc-for-lollapalooza/

He's got his hands full with that one...

The advantage is she will have secret service detail for a while yet not much she will be able to do out of the way. But at least she has not taken her kit off for money.

• Advertisement

I see the father is now just an ' aggrieved father of a muslim son'...
    No mention of a goldstar family, the dead muslim son being an American hero..??

Lest we forget? Hell, we'll mak'em forget.:eek::rolleyes:
    Who buys into this whole trump campaign of hate&division crap..? #restoringfraudamericasgreatness

Trump paying any attention to the dead soldiers parents was f'ing stupid.

Remember in the USA there's over twenty million military veterans. twenty million. And they have family's too. And they also tend to be in the red or swing states and being military they tend to vote conservative. Virginia has the highest concentration where its something like 1 in 10 people.

So he's basically pissing on a demographic group that he really really needs support from.

And he doesnt need to. He could have completely ignored the fathers speech and let it go and it would have been forgotten. Instead he goes after the guys wife?? How completely classless is that? And he's still at it.

Meanwhile he's campaigning in New York and Maine. Solidly blue states he doesnt stand a chance of winning. And he's ignoring the swing states. Baffling.

Save

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement