Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Well it would have sorted the Syrian conflict.

Sure, and every single country on the planet would go for broke to develop nuclear weapons, so that they won't be used on them, and with proliferation of nuclear weapons, it becomes more and more likely we could wipe out the human race.

The only thing Nuclear weapons are good for is, stopping the other guys who has them from using them on you, because the moment there used again, it will leader proliferation.

Honestly, Trump is truly a dangerous idiot, like his supporters.

Basically, sanctions etc won't matter a damn, when the other option is that a mad man like Trump might annihilate you. So basically a far more dangerous world, due to small petty men, who think Nuclear weapons are children's toys.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,325 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Foxtrol wrote:
    So apparently Trump had a briefing with a foreign affairs/military expert and in that hour period asked about nuclear weapons three times including the question ‘If we have them, why don’t we use them more often…’

Any sources? Not that I doubt it could have happened but I think you could spread a rumour that trump said almost anything at this stage. It's like he's sponsored by the onion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Foxtrol wrote: »
    So apparently Trump had a briefing with a foreign affairs/military expert and in that hour period asked about nuclear weapons three times including the question ‘If we have them, why don’t we use them more often…’

Ah now.. The man is crazy enough. Making things up only servers to hide any genuine concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Any sources? Not that I doubt it could have happened but I think you could spread a rumour that trump said almost anything at this stage. It's like he's sponsored by the onion.
    Ah now.. The man is crazy enough. Making things up only servers to hide any genuine concerns.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/03/trump-asks-why-us-cant-use-nukes-msnbcs-joe-scarborough-reports.html

For those of you who don't know, Scarborough is a former elected Republican politician who now has a morning show. He’s still an active republican supporter but is anti-Trump, so could be lying (but I doubt it). He’s still very well connected with Republican circles so this is the kind of information he'd have access to.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

People believing stuff said on MSNBC is equal to people believing everything said on Fox News.
    The Trump asking about using nukes was on MSNBC which wikileaks showed is part of the Democrat party, given the Dems ring up the broadcaster to tell them what is ok to go with.

• Advertisement

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/03/trump-asks-why-us-cant-use-nukes-msnbcs-joe-scarborough-reports.html

For those of you who don't know, Scarborough is a former elected Republican politician who now has a morning show. He’s still an active republican supporter but is anti-Trump, so could be lying (but I doubt it). He’s still very well connected with Republican circles so this is the kind of information he'd have access to.
    Citing an unnamed source who claimed he had spoken with the GOP presidential nominee.

I think I'll have to sit on it, given MSNBC's notably scant coverage of the TPP while it's owners - Comcast - publicly lobbied for the TPP and back the candidate - Hillary - most openly for it. (Read "least against it" depending on point of view).

RobertKK wrote: »
    People believing stuff said on MSNBC is equal to people believing everything said on Fox News.
    The Trump asking about using nukes was on MSNBC which wikileaks showed is part of the Democrat party, given the Dems ring up the broadcaster to tell them what is ok to go with.

I agree on some shows but MSNBC is not in the same league as FOX news.

You clearly have no idea who Scarborough is and his politics. He’s constantly taking on Clinton and democrats in general. He’s pretty much tearing his hair out at how incompetent Trump is.

Also, all politicians complain about news outlets running stories, both publicly and directly. Trump does it 24/7.

I think I'll have to sit on it, given MSNBC's notably scant coverage of the TPP while it's owners - Comcast - publicly lobbied for the TPP and back the candidate - Hillary - most openly for it. (Read "least against it" depending on point of view).

I presume you don't believe any news you read/hear then?

Look hard enough and you can connect the dots to say everyone has an agenda.

I presume you don't believe any news you read/hear then?

Look hard enough and you can connect the dots to say everyone has an agenda.

Oh without a doubt. And assuming Trump isn't actually a Clinton plant -- given their past cooperation (though he's tried to answer for that by saying if you want to be rich, you have to work with people you don't like, especially if the "competition" has their favour and is considerably wealthier than you) -- then his agenda, likely kickstarting a trade war ( which is unavoidable, no matter who gets in) would be an agenda I agree with. Life is going to get harder. There's too many people for the pie to go round.
    Simply sitting there and letting yourself get undercut into oblivion is an option available to both Trump and Clinton as they're both very wealthy. But Trump seems to be the only person directly addressing the fact that just because the common plebs looking at him will never be that wealthy, is no reason to let them get any poorer, just because.

People need work, not handouts. That was what I liked about Carson. They're the first candidates I've seen in some time to try and sell their voters on work, that they might be able to get to them, over welfare, that at trillions upon trillions in the red, they definitely won't. Anyone promising welfare at this point in the western economies life is lying through their teeth.

A tweet from a CBS reporter with a transcript of an interview where Trump made similar comments before backtracking

https://twitter.com/sopandeb/status/760831908964077568

• Advertisement

Oh without a doubt. And assuming Trump isn't actually a Clinton plant -- given their past cooperation (though he's tried to answer for that by saying if you want to be rich, you have to work with people you don't like, especially if the "competition" has their favour and is considerably wealthier than you) -- then his agenda, likely kickstarting a trade war ( which is unavoidable, no matter who gets in) would be an agenda I agree with. Life is going to get harder. There's too many people for the pie to go round.
    Simply sitting there and letting yourself get undercut into oblivion is an option available to both Trump and Clinton as they're both very wealthy. But Trump seems to be the only person directly addressing the fact that just because the common plebs looking at him will never be that wealthy, is no reason to let them get any poorer, just because.

People need work, not handouts. That was what I liked about Carson. They're the first candidates I've seen in some time to try and sell their voters on work, that they might be able to get to them, over welfare, that at trillions upon trillions in the red, they definitely won't. Anyone promising welfare at this point in the western economies life is lying through their teeth.

I agree with you on welfare and work but don’t agree on reducing trade. Those cheap labour intensive manufacturing jobs simply aren’t coming back to first world nations in large numbers. Rhetoric is fine but most Americans have the option to buy American at a higher price point but they consistently choose the cheap goods made abroad. People can say they want those jobs back but they’ll be the exact same ones who will be outraged when their grocery bill increases drastically.

I can’t see how they can have it both ways but that is what Trump is offering in this, and practically every other proposal he makes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,736 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It gets crazier and crazier. The man is an out and out sociopath. Undisciplined, unprofessional, no temperament and deluded. It's a slow motion car crash.

Paul Ryan and John McCain should not be supporting him after what he has done to them today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

True. But to be fair, given half the stuff he has come out with it's not even that outlandish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

The burning question of Donald's hand size has finally been answered means of a hand cast made by Madam Tussaud's!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/how-small-are-trumps-hands-916593

You can compare your own hands to his by means of this 'handy' template.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

B0jangles wrote: »
    The burning question of Donald's hand size has finally been answered means of a hand cast made by Madam Tussaud's!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/how-small-are-trumps-hands-916593

You can compare your own hands to his by means of this 'handy' template.

God this has to be the stupidest presidential election of all time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Paul Manafort has said the nuclear comments never happened. Actually said the security meetings haven't even happened yet. It smells of BS propaganda sent out to the media for them to lap it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Paul Manafort has said...

Paul Manafort is an interesting guy. He ran the Presidential campaign of the pro-russian candidate Yanukovych in the Ukrainian election in 2009.

More Russian connections to Trump.

Paul Manafort has said the nuclear comments never happened. Actually said the security meetings haven't even happened yet. It smells of BS propaganda sent out to the media for them to lap it up.

Manafort has repeatedly stated that Trump didn’t say things that he is on tape saying

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

A tweet from a CBS reporter with a transcript of an interview where Trump made similar comments before backtracking

https://twitter.com/sopandeb/status/760831908964077568

I see nothing wrong with what he's said.

No country is making nuclear weapons with the intention of not to use them if they had to, no matter what PR is spun

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

God this has to be the stupidest presidential election of all time.

Nothing more stupid than saying stupidest, are you American by any chance?

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    I see nothing wrong with what he's said.

No country is making nuclear weapons with the intention of not to use them if they had to, no matter what PR is spun

Trump is talking in the context of using nuclear weapons offensively fighting ISIS in Europe and the Middle East.

How can you see nothing wrong with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Trump is talking in the context of using nuclear weapons offensively fighting ISIS in Europe and the Middle East.

How can you see nothing wrong with that?

2 lines up he says that nuclear should be off the table and then hypoteticals start in the conversation. Get a grip of yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

He's up live on youtube soon in daytona... the live comments are three a second.

Dempsey wrote: »
    2 lines up he says that nuclear should be off the table and then hypoteticals start in the conversation. Get a grip of yourself

The whole conversation is hypotheticals, thankfully he isn’t yet capable of dropping nukes.

He repeatedly refuses to take them off the table until Matthews pushes him repeatedly. Even then he says they’re off the table only to change his mind the next sentence, saying he’d possibly use them. In this conversation Trump is doing his usual thing of talking out of both sides of his mouth but you cant do that with serious issues like using nuclear weapons.

If Putin was saying he possibly use nuclear weapons in Europe and the Middle East there’d be uproar (not from Trump though, he’s a big fan).

There just has to be a massive story, or many of them, that the Democrats are saving to bring down Trump nearer the election. This is a guy who has gone bankrupt four times owing billions of dollars. You don't get to do that or become as rich as he is without loads and loads of skeletons and human misery created in your wake.

The Democrats are saving this for the dirtiest US presidential election of all. Watch this space.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,736 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    He's up live on youtube soon in daytona... the live comments are three a second.

Linky...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mq5hrUDoYo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭abff

It's beyond farce at this stage. Unfortunately, all of us are going to have to live with the consequences if that g*bsh*te gets elected. I know it seems beyond belief that this could happen, but Brexit has proved that there is no limit to how stupid people can be when they are told lies that they want to hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

There just has to be a massive story, or many of them, that the Democrats are saving to bring down Trump nearer the election. This is a guy who has gone bankrupt four times owing billions of dollars. You don't get to do that or become as rich as he is without loads and loads of skeletons and human misery created in your wake.

The Democrats are saving this for the dirtiest US presidential election of all. Watch this space.

I don't think so. Going bankrupt is almost a mark of honour in the US.
    It looks like the Democrats will not have to unleash the attack dogs anyway - he is self destructing.
    My opinion is they should rise above - make this about issues and policies - he will flounder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

LorMal wrote: »
    I don't think so. Going bankrupt is almost a mark of honour in the US.
    It looks like the Democrats will not have to unleash the attack dogs anyway - he is self destructing.
    My opinion is they should rise above - make this about issues and policies - he will flounder.

They must link him to the Republican Party and bring them down too. Then the grip on the House goes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Fleawuss wrote: »
    They must link him to the Republican Party and bring them down too. Then the grip on the House goes.

Not going to happen. If the tide turns significantly, they will jump off this ship..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement