Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Billy86 wrote: »
    Saudi Arabia don't hate him, they're just not happy about how he trying to claim Hillary Clinton, the GOP establishment, etc are in their pockets due to taking money from them, when Donald Trump has done the exact same.

https://twitter.com/Alwaleed_Talal/status/692790423010566144?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

http://mediamatters.org/research/2016/06/15/fox-overlooks-trump-s-middle-east-business-ventures-while-hyping-his-clinton-foundation-criticism/210974

They might allow Trump's skyscrapers into their Kingdoms but not church's & Synagogue's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Not only is Trump losing, and badly more often than not, with every demographic that is not the white male demographic, but he appears on pace to lose the under-35 vote by maybe more than anyone in the history of US presidential elections.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/08/14/donald-trump-historic-trouncing-among-younger-voters-hillary-clinton-president-poll/88666746/
    WASHINGTON — Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton is consolidating the support of the Millennials who fueled Bernie Sanders' challenge during the primaries, a new USA TODAY/Rock the Vote Poll finds, as Republican Donald Trump heads toward the worst showing among younger voters in modern American history.

In the new survey, half of those under 35 say they identify with or lean toward the Democrats; just 20% identify with or lean toward the Republicans. Seventeen percent are independents, and another 12% either identify with another party or don't know.

Trump's weakness among younger voters is unprecedented, lower even than the 32% of the vote that the Gallup Organization calculates Richard Nixon received among 18-to-29-year-old voters in 1972, an era of youthful protests against the Vietnam War.

Considering his opponent is far form the most popular person with young voters (it's a demographic that many say gave Obama his pretty slim primary win over her in '08, and Sanders trounced her with them), that says a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Trump is a nutter, a dangerous nutter. I'm no fan of Hillary but if Trump gets in I fear for mankind. alot of his remarks are outrageous and not too unlike the kind of statements Hitler made in the beginning of his political career. I'm not saying he would become another Hitler but there is that risk should he attain that kind of power. I think he really is a conman who dosent mean anything he says but who would be dangerously incompetent were he to become president.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Trump is a nutter, a dangerous nutter. I'm no fan of Hillary but if Trump gets in I fear for mankind. alot of his remarks are outrageous and not too unlike the kind of statements Hitler made in the beginning of his political career. I'm not saying he would become another Hitler but there is that risk should he attain that kind of power. I think he really is a conman who dosent mean anything he says but who would be dangerously incompetent were he to become president.

The debates will show how good or bad he is. Hitler never had to discuss his ideas in front of a live audience. Hindenburg merely appointed him to satisfy the conservatives, he really wanted Von Papen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    The debates will show how good or bad he is. Hitler never had to discuss his ideas in front of a live audience. Hindenburg merely appointed him to satisfy the conservatives, he really wanted Von Papen.

Iiiif he does them. I suspect he will do one debate and then bail out of the others because the moderaters are mean to him (and may or may not have "blood coming from their wherevers"

Only way he could win in a debate against Clinton, who is an experienced speaker, is by steamrolling her with words ("I have the best words. I have so many words" No, I'm not getting over that) and she's not going to let him do that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Decent Skin

Another controversy this time for Hillary Clinton the father of the terrorist who killed people in Orlando was on stage and interviewed by CNN. Once again it shows Clinton has support amongst the many dangerous enemies of America. The same people who ignited a Jihad across the Arab world pitting Christians, Shi'ites and Sunni's against each other in Yemen, Iraq, Afghanistan & Libya. The same terrorists that made previously peaceful societies Syria and Egypt the scenes of horrible atrocities.

He was in the audience, not "on stage".

And going from a "terrorist" to his father and then dragging in "dangerous enemies of America" before jumping to "the same people who ignited a Jihad" is stretching it, to be honest.

It'd be like implying being an IRA supporter due to having a cousin who's Irish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

They might allow Trump's skyscrapers into their Kingdoms but not church's & Synagogue's.

church's & Synagogue's what? You didn't finish the sentence. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

As if Trump ever gave a crap or anything about that himself :rolleyes:. The hypocrisy is strong among Trumpeters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Billy86 wrote: »
    Saudi Arabia don't hate him, they're just not happy about how he trying to claim Hillary Clinton, the GOP establishment, etc are in their pockets due to taking money from them, when Donald Trump has done the exact same.

https://twitter.com/Alwaleed_Talal/status/692790423010566144?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

http://mediamatters.org/research/2016/06/15/fox-overlooks-trump-s-middle-east-business-ventures-while-hyping-his-clinton-foundation-criticism/210974

Saudis gave Trump money for property. And calling it a bailout is bull****, with the exception of the yacht. If the bank takes my house off me, whoever buys It isn't bailing me out...

Still, Saudis gave money to Trump, and got property in return. They did not get obligation, which is what they're getting with their donations to Hillary, as are Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar,
    Algeria, Brunei, Kuwait, The United Arab Emirates, etc, etc, etc.....
    Oh sorry, I mean donations to her "Foundation".....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Saudis gave Trump money for property. And calling it a bailout is bull****, with the exception of the yacht. If the bank takes my house off me, whoever buys It isn't bailing me out...
    If your buddy gives you money for a stake in your house so that the bank won't take it off you, is that a bailout?

If your buddy gives you money for a stake in your house so that the bank won't take it off you, is that a bailout?

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_56aafa72e4b0010e80e99806

Not only that he then attacked the guy who saved his ass.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 SeantoBarry

Samaris wrote: »
    Iiiif he does them. I suspect he will do one debate and then bail out of the others because the moderaters are mean to him (and may or may not have "blood coming from their wherevers"

Only way he could win in a debate against Clinton, who is an experienced speaker, is by steamrolling her with words ("I have the best words. I have so many words" No, I'm not getting over that) and she's not going to let him do that.

Trump will destroy Clinton in debate precisely because he's not a seasoned pro. She will have never experienced debating someone like Trump.

Have you ever watched Trump talk? He is the master of the glib comeback, putdown, and fast quip. He was molded for TV. I have no doubt that Hillary knows policy cold, but Trump's annoying personality will be so big and so large that lots of folks won't even care what he says. And, that's what he counts on.

Remember the first Romney/Obama debate? The press went wild, declaring Romney the winner because he interrupted and yelled over Obama the whole time, and because Obama let him do it and would stop speaking once Romney interrupted him. Thereafter, Obama learned his lesson and we were treated to an endless series of subsequent debates in which each candidate competed to show who was more obnoxious and domineering. I take it as an incredible testament to Obama's political skills and instincts that he was able to adjust to the situation and act so out of character, but so successfully in the subsequent debates. I'd very worried about Clinton's ability compete on this level.

It'd be like implying being an IRA supporter due to having a cousin who's Irish.

Laughable comparison. The guy is the Islamic terrorists father and has some pretty extreme views himself.

Laughable comparison. The guy is the Islamic terrorists father and has some pretty extreme views himself.

Extreme views like Trump and his supporters, who include white supremacists, who Trumps likes to re-tweet on a semi-regular basis. You mean like that?

wes wrote: »
    Extreme views like Trump and his supporters, who include white supremacists, who Trumps likes to re-tweet on a semi-regular basis. You mean like that?

Seddique Mir Mateen, Orlando shooter Omar Mateen’s father, has supported the Taliban, has several ties to Islamist groups, said “God will punish” gays — after his son murdered dozens of them in cold blood — and reportedly helped run the radical mosque that his son had attended.

Lovely lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Trump will destroy Clinton in debate precisely because he's not a seasoned pro. She will have never experienced debating someone like Trump.

Have you ever watched Trump talk? He is the master of the glib comeback, putdown, and fast quip. He was molded for TV. I have no doubt that Hillary knows policy cold, but Trump's annoying personality will be so big and so large that lots of folks won't even care what he says. And, that's what he counts on.

The american public are getting increasing sick of trumps "glib" comebacks.

Trump has basically talked himself into the lowest level of support for a major party's presidential candidate in history.

Clinton on the other hand is an experienced lawyer, senator and secretary of state.

Seddique Mir Mateen, Orlando shooter Omar Mateen’s father, has supported the Taliban, has several ties to Islamist groups, said “God will punish” gays — after his son murdered dozens of them in cold blood — and reportedly helped run the radical mosque that his son had attended.

Lovely lad.

Trump is supported by David Duke a "former" Grand Wizard of the Klu Klux Klan, a terror group that has operated in the open in the US for decades, and for some reason isn't banned.

Trump even uses the KKK Grand Wizards propoganda:

Trump uses graphic at rally previously pushed by former KKK Grand Wizard David Duke

Not the first time Trump has reused material from white supremacists, who are some of his biggest fans.....

Last I checked Hilary didn't use any propaganda from Mr. Seddique at one of her rallys.

Trump is supported by David Duke a "former" Grand Wizard of the Klu Klux Klan, a terror group that has operated in the open in the US for decades, and for some reason isn't banned.

And if he was front and centre at a Trump rally, it would look extremely bad too. Especially if his son just committed a terror attack.

And if he was front and centre at a Trump rally, it would look extremely bad too. Especially if his son just committed a terror attack.

No he just reuses a former terrorist leaders material at his rally's personally.

BTW, he wasn't front and center and as per the link earlier in the thread, they didn't even know he was there. All of this, I am sure you are aware of.

Now, we still have Trump, who was reused material from white supremacists, several times. It interesting how he shares so many of there views, to the point where he reuses there material.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

I remember the first Sarah Palin debate. After the rules were read out she basically said she didn't care about the questions just wanted to speak directly to the folks at home. Could see trump doing the same. Ignore the format of the debate and just say what he wants. Clinton just needs to wind him up and he'll do yet another mad rant. His supporters will love it be moderates and undecided people won't.

20Cent wrote: »
    I remember the first Sarah Palin debate. After the rules were read out she basically said she didn't care about the questions just wanted to speak directly to the folks at home. Could see trump doing the same. Ignore the format of the debate and just say what he wants. Clinton just needs to wind him up and he'll do yet another mad rant. His supporters will love it be moderates and undecided people won't.

There is Trumps problem, he has his supporters they will stick with him no matter what. He needs to get the middle ground, he just does not get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

20Cent wrote: »

Yes, she will be out to get him annoyed as subtly as possible so he loses it.

He has to state his policy's and defend them. He cant keep waffling. Thats why his support is plunging, we have to know what he stands for at some point. And he's not saying anything.

All there is right now is building a wall and massive tax cuts for the rich. And getting rid of all environmental protections and selling off the state parks.

Trump even uses the KKK Grand Wizards propoganda:

Trump uses graphic at rally previously pushed by former KKK Grand Wizard David Duke

Not the first time Trump has reused material from white supremacists, who are some of his biggest fans.....

Last I checked Hilary didn't use any propaganda from Mr. Seddique at one of her rallys.

Media on Trumps support of the KKK.

Trump supporters on the KKK

Media on Trumps support of the KKK.

And yet he still reuses there material numerous times. Why is that? Seems he has a lot in common with them, if he keeps using there material.

BTW, he has reused KKK material after the dates of those videos, as recently as a couple of days ago. Why is that? Those videos, the latest being from March, and here we are in August and Trump is using KKK material and enjoying there support. It make you think, doesn't it?

And yet he still reuses there material numerous times. Why is that? Seems he has a lot in common with them, if he keeps using there material.

Well... what exactly is wrong in this picture?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmnymxNUEAAx9Q5.jpg

Nothing on that picture is false, irrespective of the total ape that's said it. As for the Israeli flag, well AIPAC is one of the most powerful lobby groups in US history, so....

Even Hitler - among the worst people to have lived - can't be called wrong in saying "“A single blow must destroy the enemy… without regard of losses… a gigantic all-destroying blow.”
    Advice the Americans certainly took on board when they crossed the Pacific, and look how quickly their fight with the Japanese Empire was over!

Nothing on that picture is false, irrespective of the total ape that's said it. As for the Israeli flag, well AIPAC is one of the most powerful lobby groups in US history, so....

Even Hitler - among the worst people to have lived - can't be called wrong in saying "“A single blow must destroy the enemy… without regard of losses… a gigantic all-destroying blow.”
    Advice the Americans certainly took on board when they crossed the Pacific, and look how quickly their fight with the Japanese Empire was over!

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-06-29/trump-campaign-broke-law-by-soliciting-foreign-donations-complaint-alleges

Yes.
    alleges

But let's assume it's true. In which case it's an incredibly stupid thing to do. Particularly when he has a little foundation for people to pay into instead......

The problem is that this is not the first time, he has reused KKK propaganda. He seems to do it a lot. Why is that? Why does he have so much in common with a former Grand Wizard of the KKK?

If this was an isolated incident, you would have a point, but this is not the first time that Trump has reused White supremacist propaganda.

It seems incredibly unlikely that this was a mistake, and it seem pretty clear that Trump is rather blatant about this kind of thing. Its too hard to ignore his general dislike of various minority groups, exemplified by his making fun of a disabled reporter. Its just top hard to ignore these facts.

I think there are lot of question that need to be asked about Trump and his relationship with White supremacists, and a terror group like the KKK. He is far to cosy with them. It seem so unlikely to be coincidence, and some people are saying that it is in fact deliberate.

Basically, the Trump campaign could easily say the same thing without resorting to white supremacist propaganda. Why source an image from white supremacists? You can't tell me repeatedly doing isn't the least bit strange, and that it doesn't raise questions. I think these questions need to be raised as long as Trump seems so friendly with white supremacists, as he keeps using there propaganda.

You mean like how Hitler rounded them up into camps, and trying to wipe them off the face of the Earth, for the crime of being disabled, Homosexual, Jewish, Roma, or falling into any other group that Hitler termed an enemy of the German people.

You see when you quote Hitler, people will you know look at what the man stood for, and what he actually did...... Much like Donal Trumps biggest fan, former KKK Grand Wizard David Duke. Seems like a bad idea to use material from either of them, and to do so repeatedly, would make one wonder, as it strikes me as being rather odd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Still, Saudis gave money to Trump, and got property in return. They did not get obligation, which is what they're getting with their donations to Hillary, as are Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar,
    Algeria, Brunei, Kuwait, The United Arab Emirates, etc, etc, etc.....
    Oh sorry, I mean donations to her "Foundation".....
    Some info from a reputable source on this 'obligation' clause the Clinton's have would be nice, otherwise Trump is every bit as beholden to Saudi money as they are, and Russian money on top of that to boot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement