Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Speedwell wrote: »
    Trump's whole campaign is borrowed wholesale from the same idea articulated by L. Ron. Hubbard: "If you want to make a [hell of a lot of money], start a religion". Or, in this case, a "movement".

He's already a billionaire though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Cienciano wrote: »

So he says.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Cienciano wrote: »

or so he claims , can we see his tax returns please

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 976 ✭✭✭beach_walker

Trump's whole campaign is borrowed wholesale from the same idea articulated by L. Ron. Hubbard: "If you want to make a [hell of a lot of money], start a religion". Or, in this case, a "movement".

Bernie's still fundraising despite being a no-hoper at this stage. I wonder how the "Feel the Bern" movement are feeling about their dough being hoovered up to be eventually ploughed into Hillary's campaign?

Bernie's still fundraising despite being a no-hoper at this stage. I wonder how the "Feel the Bern" movement are feeling about their dough being hoovered up to be eventually ploughed into Hillary's campaign?

maybe he could run as an independant, Theres a whole lot of voters that dont want either of the establishment parties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

BoatMad wrote: »
    maybe he could run as an independant, Theres a whole lot of voters that dont want either of the establishment parties

if he runs as an independent that's a win for tump, it'll split the democrat vote

moloner4 wrote: »
    if he runs as an independent that's a win for tump, it'll split the democrat vote

Democrats are smarter than to vote for a Tea Party style Republican just because he stopped calling himself a Republican.

I think what would really happen is the Trump would split the Republican vote. The fanatics and morons and "I got mine, f*** you" libertarians would vote for him, and the racists and Wall Street fellators and classists would vote for Ted Cruz or a similar lizard.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,447 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Democrats are smarter than to vote for a Tea Party style Republican just because he stopped calling himself a Republican.

I think what would really happen is the Trump would split the Republican vote. The fanatics and morons and "I got mine, f*** you" libertarians would vote for him, and the racists and Wall Street fellators and classists would vote for Ted Cruz or a similar lizard.

i think you misunderstood. If Bernie ran as an independent he would be taking votes from Clinton which would pretty much ensure a Trump win. I'm not sure what Ted Cruz has to do with this.

i think you misunderstood. If Bernie ran as an independent he would be taking votes from Clinton which would pretty much ensure a Trump win. I'm not sure what Ted Cruz has to do with this.

Sorry, you're right, I lost the thread briefly and was thinking of Trump... because I've heard people say that since Trump does not have the unified backing of the rest of the Republican Party, he should run as an independent.

I wonder if what will happen is Sanders will wind up as Clinton's running mate. It could explain why they have been so comparatively cordial to each other.

because I've heard people say that since Trump does not have the unified backing of the rest of the Republican Party, he should run as an independent.

Trump will be the uncontested GOP candidate, a fact that a huge section of the established GOP party cant actually believe is happening , including the Tea party side .

Trump is being carried on a republican demographic that the republican party( and the tea party within it ) itself has forgotten about

• Advertisement

Sorry, you're right, I lost the thread briefly and was thinking of Trump... because I've heard people say that since Trump does not have the unified backing of the rest of the Republican Party, he should run as an independent.

Trump doesnt have universal appeal to republican voters so i can see some movement from traditional republican voters to Clinton. She is the most republican democrat candidate for a while. But she also alienates some traditional democrat voters so its hard to call.
    I wonder if what will happen is Sanders will wind up as Clinton's running mate. It could explain why they have been so comparatively cordial to each other.

I can definitely see this happening. Clinton needs his support to shore up the democrat vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Trump is being carried on a republican demographic that the republican party( and the tea party within it ) itself has forgotten about created on purpose and completely lost control of

FTFY :)

Trump doesnt have universal appeal to republican voters so i can see some movement from traditional republican voters to Clinton. She is the most republican democrat candidate for a while. But she also alienates some traditional democrat voters so its hard to call.

I think this is a definite , moderate GOP supporters will find it difficult to support Trump, and may transfer , however many democrats find Hilary difficult to stomach

I can definitely see this happening. Clinton needs his support to shore up the democrat vote.

maybe maybe, He doesnt bring states that clinton wont win into the fold however

I think this is a definite , moderate GOP supporters will find it difficult to support Trump, and may transfer , however many democrats find Hilary difficult to stomach

maybe maybe, He doesnt bring states that clinton wont win into the fold however

if he runs as vice president he ensures that those on the left of the party turn out and vote instead of staying at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Come election day: Clinton wins by a landslide. Their campaign must me loving how this muppet will be the republic candidate they gonna tear him apart.

Infini2 wrote: »
    Come election day: Clinton wins by a landslide. Their campaign must me loving how this muppet will be the republic candidate they gonna tear him apart.

dont be so sure, while I think Clinton will win, Trump will be much closer then most think . it will be no landslide

to call Trump a " muppet" is to very seriously underestimate the man, whatever he is he's no "muppet"

I've seen mention of extra money being used in the Senate, House and local elections in order to further the movement that Bernie's been a catalyst for. Although the whole idea of American citizens having to essentially 'buy back' their democracy is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

I love this guy.
    More and more, i'm finding myself hoping he becomes president.
    The stuff he says goes against all my political views but still i 'd love to see him beat Hillary.

I'm reasoning first off that he doesn't mean any of the stuff he says (the wall etc). It's all just to get in.
    And I actually do believe he gives a **** about America.
    I also feel deep down he's a decent enough guy just playing the political system and having a fcuking great time. And he's hilarious.
    Can't stump the trump videos on YouTube are brilliant BTW.

Just wanted to get an idea what ye think about The Donald.

God,I hope he gets in because according to the "Looney tunes" on the net if he gets in he's giving Elvis a presidential pardon so he can make a comeback.

I kid you not

Steve F wrote: »
    God,I hope he gets in because according to the "Looney tunes" on the net if he gets in he's giving Elvis a presidential pardon so he can make a comeback.

I kid you not

Yes, you do.

The theory that a sitting President could pardon Elvis for faking his death has been around almost since Elvis died. I checked online and could see no evidence that the theory was associated with Trump specifically or that Trump said anything about it. On the other hand, it says something about Trump that I had to Google it to determine whether such a claim was true or false or unproven.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

Actually , id say it he the very opposite of the Tea Party and its why right wing tea party blogs are supporters hate Trump ( have a read of Redstate.com)

potentially Trump is in fact a democrat in disguise with populist policies

yes he's anti establishment, but thats not to say he aligns with the Tea Party and Pual ryan etc

in fact its bizarre watching the demise of the Republican party , imagine a party running a candidate they absolutely didnt want in the first place
    Can we really say anything meaningful about what Trump stands for though? Excuse my invoking of Godwins law, but he's embracing and tapping into public ignorance, in a way which makes me think a lot of how Hitler got into power. There are increasing echos of the 1930's in world politics right now.

I don't think that means he'd match Hitler in policy though - but I think it means that we really have no solid idea what he might actually do, if he gets into power - and whether he may be the type of person, who could try to strip back democracy even more in the US.

Can we really say anything meaningful about what Trump stands for though? Excuse my invoking of Godwins law, but he's embracing and tapping into public ignorance, in a way which makes me think a lot of how Hitler got into power. There are increasing echos of the 1930's in world politics right now.

I don't think that means he'd match Hitler in policy though - but I think it means that we really have no solid idea what he might actually do, if he gets into power - and whether he may be the type of person, who could try to strip back democracy even more in the US.

It's not a Godwin if your parallels are clear and you show evidence to back them up, KB. For the record, I agree with you, but I'm supposed to be working at the moment and I'm feeling the 2:30 doldrums and I'm too lazy to write it out myself at the moment. :)

you are not the first person i have heard say that. there may be something in it.

Yes, you do.

The theory that a sitting President could pardon Elvis for faking his death has been around almost since Elvis died. I checked online and could see no evidence that the theory was associated with Trump specifically or that Trump said anything about it. On the other hand, it says something about Trump that I had to Google it to determine whether such a claim was true or false or unproven.

OP you are giving this waaaaay to much thought
    Elvis is dead :eek:

Steve F wrote: »
    OP you are giving this waaaaay to much thought
    Elvis is dead :eek:

Are you sure? Did you have anything to do with it? :confused::p

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.
    When does anyone ever use the word 'fúck' to try and act the 'hard man' online :rolleyes: the word has many extremely varied uses - and I don't give a toss what your interpretation/impression of it is (and neither did I ask - yet I get the feeling you want to tell...as an excuse for making a sneering/condescending jab).

My post did not suggest moving all manufacturing back to the west - western countries have the option to replace foreign goods with domestic ones if they want - I'm not saying all foreign goods.

Oh so if we don't help Vietnam and Malaysia by paying them a pittance for their goods, we are being selfish are we? ("what are those workers going to do"? - perhaps work on e.g. domestic infrastructure and improving their own living standards, rather than the wests with cheap consumer goods...)

Instead of western nations stopping trade with them, it would be very easy economically for western nations to instead co-ordinate, to only buy goods from suppliers in these countries, where those suppliers meet increased standards in safety/regulations/wages, to bring them in line with western standards - and that doesn't mean making wages exactly on par either (but I get the feeling, you may take it as such anyway).

Again, it's not a black and white choice between Free Trade vs Domestic Production - there are a pretty good variety of policies, for bringing things up to par.

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.
    Wall Streets favoured candidate, is the one most likely to get into power (hedged well, with other likely opponents) - regardless of party or ideology. Wall Street money goes to both parties in significant numbers.

Are you sure? Did you have anything to do with it? :confused::p

OK Guv,it's a fair cop,take me away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 snotball

The Donald is 5/2 with paddy power, worth a punt if you ask me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement