Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

i was nodding along until i got to the bit that says

Kanye West is beloved?

Well someone loves him enough to illegally download his music. I have to by order now insert I am joking, as I do not want to be accused of saying people illegally download music.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Its almost like people find it hard to work with him.
    I suspect that in his case, the questions about his 'interesting deals' in the Ukraine are about to become an even greater embarrassment than anything Trump has done so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

What direction will Trump's campaign go now ?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37134440
    It's going be to Steve Bannon attempting to be very, very hands on, likely wanting to focus on an attack vs. Clinton approach on one hand... and Donald Trump wanting every second of every day to be about nothing but him on the other.

Trump still has a tiny window if he does excellently in the debates (and not in a 'shout out the other' way, as in genuinely gets his points across to the electorate outside of his base) and Bannon does know how to be effective. But the biggest obstacle against Trump winning this election, as it has been for a while not, is Donald Trump himself.

What is going to be interesting is to see if any (and how many) more people with dodgy links to Putin begin to appear in or get shaved off of Trump's campaign team. It's been very clear that Trump is completely dishonest about his relations with Putin and Russia, and very much appears to have something to hide there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

i was nodding along until i got to the bit that says

Kanye West is beloved?
    He's only a suspected narcissist ? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,451 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

He's only a suspected narcissist ? :eek:

excellent point. another failing in the article.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Wow, what a nice person you are.

That video makes it look far better. I'll watch it when I have sound later. Still not sold on the idea of putting a 70 year old (yet alone this particular one) in the most important job in the world but you guys seem to be happy enough with it.
    You said you had seen the video in full...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 976 ✭✭✭beach_walker

B_Wayne wrote: »
    You said you had seen the video in full...

I did, without sound. Rewatched it there, happy to say I was wrong on that one.

What direction will Trump's campaign go now ?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37134440

I'm the new campaign chairman.

I did, without sound. Rewatched it there, happy to say I was wrong on that one.

I'm the new campaign chairman.

So you had concluded she was having a seizure without knowing any of the context? So you've really got no indication that she's not physically or mentally fit enough to be president?

So you had concluded she was having a seizure without knowing any of the context?

Oh for God's sake.
    So you've really got no indication that she's not physically or mentally fit enough to be president?

I agreed with vast swathes of the media and public in '08 who said John McCain (at 71) was too old for the job. And the questions that arose around that. Those same people aren't making as much noise anymore.

Oh for God's sake.

I agreed with vast swathes of the media and public in '08 who said John McCain (at 71) was too old for the job. And the questions that arose around that. Those same people aren't making as much noise anymore.
    Because it's irrelevant since there isn't anyone younger than 70 standing for election?

• Advertisement

Because it's irrelevant since there isn't anyone younger than 70 standing for election?

Well there are but leaving that aside, there are many questions/issues that the media should be addressing or asking due to the age thing. E.g. the choice of VP is far more important, way moreso that in 2012, how likely is she to see out the term, what if she goes a but lu-la like Regan towards the end etc etc. And that's just on the immediate time scale. I think there are wider questions America should be asking itself prompted by this election so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

*Sigh* but he's not gonna be president. Can't believe how many times I have to say that. People really are stuck in the binary, two-party mindset. Just because I think Hillary is an awful candidate, it doesn't follow that I think Trump is any better. Frankly it's an amazing demonstration of the deep problems in the American political system that teh choice of who will lead the country for the next four years comes down to these two people.

If it were a private sector job, I'd tell the recruiter to re-post the ad for the vacancy!

Is the campaign over or something?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Is the campaign over or something?

It's coming close to it aye.

I wouldn't worry, I'm sure your fellow mods will give you a heads up of when its on.

Oh for God's sake.

For the record, I didn't really consider McCain' s age to be a problem. Truman, Ford, Eisenhower, Bush were all similar ages or older than Clinton... So it's not in any way unique...

For the record, I didn't really consider McCain' s age to be a problem. Truman, Ford, Eisenhower, Bush were all similar ages or older than Clinton... So it's not in any way unique...

Ah here! Ages on taking office:

Truman - 60
    Ford - 61
    Eisenhower - 62
    Bush - 64

Back to this video for a second... it's so ridiculous that whoever made it literally looped back on the very first shot to make it seem like she was 'spasming' for longer... and then trying to manipulate the second angle to make it look like she is still going.

EDIT: They could have used her continuing to 'wag' her head as seen in the first (real) video, but they don't even do that - they just put the first one back in because the head-shaking is more noticeable in it for their 'seizure' lies. This is noticeable because the guy in the blue shirt comes into view... on Clinton's actual 'wag' on the video you can't see him because her head is in the way. He only comes into view on the initial one.

Spasms for 2 seconds or just shy of it...

Spasms for over 3 seconds... or about 5 seconds with the 'second angle'

This is just another example of why the 'alt-right' are nothing but conspiracy theorist, lying cowards.

Ah here! Ages on taking office:

Truman - 60
    Ford - 61
    Eisenhower - 62
    Bush - 64
    It is a decent point and I wouldn't be entirely against age limits on certain positions, though I would also imagine a 68 year old in 2016 is likely to be in better health than a 60 year old in 1949, a 61 year old in 1974, or a 64 year old in 1989. Especially factoring in that she is a woman, as they on average age better and have longer life expectancy.

Interesting bit of trivia if Clinton wins: she will be the 2nd oldest president at inauguration (after Raegan), while her husband was the third youngest (after JFK & Teddy Roosevelt).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Decent Skin

Billy86 wrote: »
    Back to this video for a second... it's so ridiculous that whoever made it literally looped back on the very first shot to make it seem like she was 'spasming' for longer... and then trying to manipulate the second angle to make it look like she is still going.

Spasms for 2 seconds or just shy of it...

Spasms for over 3 seconds... or about 5 seconds with the 'second angle'

This is just another example of why the 'alt-right' are nothing but conspiracy theorist, lying cowards.

Pretty ****e editing too - you can see the jump / edit.

Pretty ****e editing too - you can see the jump / edit.
    I said they were lying cowards, I never said they were intelligent or competent. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Decent Skin

I said they were lying cowards, I never said they were intelligent or competent. :p

I'm just stunned that anyone would watch it and not realise that it's been looped/manipulated!

• Advertisement

The thing to remember with this video is that in order for the OP to find it, it has had to have had some degree of traction to have acquired searchability.

Thinking of the people who clearly believe this crap, I'm reminded of the immortal words of Sir Humphrey Appleby in 'Yes Minister':

"There's so much wool in his head, it's child's play to pull it over his eyes" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

So OP's contention is basically "the joke vote". Much as I'd like to jump around like giggling children, it's not a good idea to apply that type of whimsy to one of the most powerful jobs in the world.

I would have more respect for OP and his intellect if he just straight off liked Trump. Nevermind the bs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I think the Major issue with McCain's age was the fact that if anything had happened the country would be facing the prospect of a President Palin.

That was truely terrifying.

InTheTrees wrote: »
    I think the Major issue with McCain's age was the fact that if anything had happened the country would be facing the prospect of a President Palin.

Ah yeah, that's coming back to me now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭Christy42

My first thought was is President Pence any better followed by it might well be a relief after President Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

That was pretty horrifying. But McCain's still going.

Also, Clinton is 68. That is not an unreasonable age for taking public office. It's a bit older than usual, but seriously, she's doing a grueling job at the moment (the campaign trail is no easy life) and doesn't seem to be faltering, which suggests to me that her health is as good as anyone else's.

Sounds like another desperate Trumpet attempt to discredit her. And really, if they're going for her health, they're a bit pathetic. Run out of policies to complain about?

Samaris wrote: »
    That was pretty horrifying. But McCain's still going.

Also, Clinton is 68. That is not an unreasonable age for taking public office. It's a bit older than usual, but seriously, she's doing a grueling job at the moment (the campaign trail is no easy life) and doesn't seem to be faltering, which suggests to me that her health is as good as anyone else's.

Sounds like another desperate Trumpet attempt to discredit her. And really, if they're going for her health, they're a bit pathetic. Run out of policies to complain about?

"Donald Trump turned 70 last month, and would be the oldest president ever elected if he were to win in November. Hillary Clinton will turn 69 just before the election, and if she wins, would be the second oldest president to take office, after Reagan."

Samaris wrote: »
    Also, Clinton is 68. That is not an unreasonable age for taking public office.

Pedantic but she'll be 69 on taking office.

Ah yes, the older Trump using her age as a weapon. Genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

"Donald Trump turned 70 last month, and would be the oldest president ever elected if he were to win in November. Hillary Clinton will turn 69 just before the election, and if she wins, would be the second oldest president to take office, after Reagan."

It is a little bemusing that this is being levelled at the younger of the two current candidates really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

His fanboys probably swallowed his overly-positive doctor's letter hook (with a Cheeto on it as bait), line and sinker.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement