Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

InTheTrees wrote: »
    I'm curious what the pro-clinton people feel about the concussion stuff? Like I mean in her own words yu wasn't able to remember briefings etc.

This has been going on since the 1990's

An endless torrent of republican accusations and rumours that come to nothing. Bill Clinton's failed impeachment was the result of years of republican investigations into whitewater that produced nothing. And its been going on ever since for thirty years.

So you ask about the "concussion" stuff? Well she released a medical report that says she's fine. The report appears to be genuine and written by real medical professionals too.

I'm taking about the fact that in a formal investigation she used health issues to explain her likely illegal actions.
    This isn't a republican morality campaigns it's on the record with the FBI that she has made loads of statements that indicate she is either A-a liar B-Incomptent in her role C- Turns up to work with health issues that impeed her carrying out her role.

I'm not asking people to say that Trump I a better candidate he's probably not, I'm saying that Hillary from her own statements (is the FBI stuff under oath?) Is a deeply flawed candidate who's issues can't simply be blamed on the media and Republicans

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

I'm not asking people to say that Trump I a better candidate he's probably not, I'm saying that Hillary from her own statements (is the FBI stuff under oath?) Is a deeply flawed candidate who's issues can't simply be blamed on the media and Republicans

so its clear ,its a race to elect a flawed candidate , but its clear that while clinton is flawed, Trump is unhinged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Clinton is now 4/11 and Trump is 11/5 to win with the bookies.

11/5 looks good value to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Winterlong wrote: »
    Clinton is now 4/11 and Trump is 11/5 to win with the bookies.

11/5 looks good value to me.
    Looks like gibberish to me. Is eleven fives a bad thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

ScumLord wrote: »
    With Clinton if you bet 11 euros you win 4 euros (you get back 15 in total). With Trump if you bet 5 euros you win 11 (get back 16 in total).

The less money you win for betting, the more likely the bookies think it is that that event will happen. Trump is a better price (as in, you win more money) than Clinton because the bookies think he is less likely to win.

• Advertisement

ScumLord wrote: »

Well, if the polls are to be believed then Trump is currently slightly ahead at the moment. You would expect the bookies odds to support that. But they dont.

The returns on winning bet on Clinton are much less than the returns on a same stake winning bet on Trump. There is the value.

I reckon the polls are consistently going to be short on Trump as many of the people who will vote for him are not normal voters and so not in the normal sampling of the pollsters.
    And what people admit to a pollster as voting versus what they do in the privacy of the ballot box can be different the more extreme the candidate.

Well, if the polls are to be believed then Trump is currently slightly ahead at the moment. You would expect the bookies odds to support that. But they dont.

The returns on winning bet on Clinton are much less than the returns on a same stake winning bet on Trump. There is the value.

I reckon the polls are consistently going to be short on Trump as many of the people who will vote for him are not normal voters and so not in the normal sampling of the pollsters.
    And what people admit to a pollster as voting versus what they do in the privacy of the ballot box can be different the more extreme the candidate.

yes not on an electoral college basis , I dont think Trumo has a chance and thats all that matters , polls dont typically handle this wrinkle unless they are widespread and nationwide and organised by state

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Well, if the polls are to be believed then Trump is currently slightly ahead at the moment.
    What polls are you looking at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

How many polls have you read that trump is ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

You should read up on the Electoral College.

The US presidential election is not decided by one person one vote but based on a,total of delegates accumulated by winning individual states.

This site has a good interactive map of the states and the delegate count.

http://www.270towin.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Guy, guys, I've just found undeniable PROOF that Hillary Clinton has massive continuous seizures!

http://jtf.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/hillary-clinton-laughing.jpg

To disable the Advanced Seizure Screen tech the Dems are using, just hold down F11 on your keyboard once you've opened the linked page.

You should read up on the Electoral College.

The US presidential election is not decided by one person one vote but based on a,total of delegates accumulated by winning individual states.

Ah here, do you really think there is anyone posting in here who does not understand the electoral college? No need to be so patronising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

New President in two months time. Imagine Trump as President, the world is about to get nuttier.

Ah here, do you really think there is anyone posting in here who does not understand the electoral college? No need to be so patronising.

Right. Sorry. I actually thought a lot of people didnt understand the electoral college.

Anyway you were curious why the bookies werent reflecting trump being "slightly ahead" but if you look at the alll important electoral college map you would see Hillary is still ahead.

The bookies are probably using nate silvers data:

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Why is she always coughing? She is clearly not well and should drop out. She isn't in a healthy state to be President. She is being forced to run by people in higher positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Why is she always coughing? She is clearly not well and should drop out. She isn't in a healthy state to be President. She is being forced to run by people in higher positions.

Yeah, let's totally ignore that the doctor of the fast food-loving Drumpf wrote his fawning medical report in 5 minutes. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Right. Sorry. I actually thought a lot of people didnt understand the electoral college.

Anyway you were curious why the bookies werent reflecting trump being "slightly ahead" but if you look at the alll important electoral college map you would see Hillary is still ahead.

The bookies are probably using nate silvers data:

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast

To be fair, Nate Silver is having a very bad year when it comes to predictions about Donald Trump...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Yeah, let's totally ignore that the doctor of the fast food-loving Drumpf wrote his fawning medical report in 5 minutes. :rolleyes:
    Trump looks like he won't collapse at any moment unlike Hillary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I'd be very reluctant to use that lot if i were you, very biased towards Republicans and always have been. I know it goes both ways, their will be pollsters biased towards Clinton also, but when its all said and done Rasmussen is still pretty bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

*proof of Trump using own charity to bribe people*

All seems perfectly fine.

*Hillary coughs*

SHE'S NOT FIT TO BE PRESIDENT!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

To be fair, Nate Silver is having a very bad year when it comes to predictions about Donald Trump...

Nate was very upfront about calling Trump wrongly in the primaries, he just expected him to be another early front runner that crashed out after 5 or 6 states, but the data was there to show more was going on.

I'd say he'll be very aware of his errors and learn from them.

Clinton is doing well in states like Texas, Georgia and N. Carolina but she'll hardly win them and Trump is doing well in states like Ohio and Iowa, which is very encouraging for him, the bell weather state and all that.

For now it just seems Trump is back to where he should have been a month ago, I wouldn't read too much else into it.

Trump is losing the college graduate demographic, Republicans always win that. I think that reflects that many educated traditional Republican voters will not vote for him, women especially.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/370200907834597377

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/fox-news-to-pay-20m-to-settle-gretchen-carlson-s-sexual-harassment-lawsuit-1.2781466?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
    Fox News has reached a $20 million (€18 million) settlement of former anchor Gretchen Carlson’s sexual harassment lawsuit against the network’s former chief Roger Ailes, Vanity Fair said on Tuesday, citing three people familiar with the settlement.

Trump is losing the college graduate demographic, Republicans always win that. I think that reflects that many educated traditional Republican voters will not vote for him, women especially.

he's loosing women, hispanic, middle ground republicans , blacks etc et c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

K-9 wrote: »

Nate was very upfront about calling Trump wrongly in the primaries, he just expected him to be another early front runner that crashed out after 5 or 6 states, but the data was there to show more was going on.

I'd say he'll be very aware of his errors and learn from them.

Clinton is doing well in states like Texas, Georgia and N. Carolina but she'll hardly win them and Trump is doing well in states like Ohio and Iowa, which is very encouraging for him, the bell weather state and all that.

For now it just seems Trump is back to where he should have been a month ago, I wouldn't read too much else into it.

A yank friend of mines who's very "America!" Facebook posting has switched from sort of pro-sanders (had hesitations) to anti-Hillary slightly pro-Trump to anti Hillary and that libertarian candidate.
    I know it's one guy (who does have some liberal views despite his general attitudes) but it was interesting to see the process

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

True, there's some of that going on in both sides. It does seem the Libertarian and Green candidates are damaging Hillary more than Trump so far.

Trump was only carrying 78% of the Republican vote last poll I read. Don't know about Hillary but I'd expect a push from Sanders nearer the election if his support becomes a big problem.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I'd imagine Johnson and Stein are benefiting quite a bit from Sanders' supporters who had no intention of voting for Hillary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Why is Trump always clutching his side in agony and having to deal with constant nosebleeds?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

cos he's laughing so hard up in his ivory tower??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement