Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Had there not been the footage shot by bystanders of her collapse yesterday, we would still be under the misapprehension that she simply "over-heated. Anyone who believed there was more to the story would be branded a conspiracy theorist.

I think her comments about Trump supporters, her 'over heating' and eventual info about pneumonia may have severely damaged her campaign. Trumps surprising calm response to this will also have her fuming.

She will need to up her game at the first round of the debates.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

RobertKK wrote: »
    Hillary Clinton last Friday was diagnosed with pneumonia, says her doctor.
    I'd like to see Trump score nine letters, and all the vowels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Had there not been the footage shot by bystanders of her collapse yesterday, we would still be under the misapprehension that she simply "over-heated. Anyone who believed there was more to the story would be branded a conspiracy theorist.

I'm not sure what your post has to do with overheating being a symptom of pneumonia?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I think her comments about Trump supporters, her 'over heating' and eventual info about pneumonia may have severely damaged her campaign. Trumps surprising calm response to this will also have her fuming.

Do you think she may have to opt out ? Wouldn't look good.

ebbsy wrote: »
    Do you think she may have to opt out ? Wouldn't look good.

I doubt it. If she did, after the debacle with Bernie, her career would be finished. Buy I've had pneumonia before and you still felt it nearly a month after. You need time and rest. Something she cant do as the longer she leaves it, the weaker she looks. Americans do not like weak leaders. All be it, there are exceptions like Roosevelt. He was weak in body, but very strong in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I doubt it. If she did, after the debacle with Bernie, her career would be finished. Buy I've had pneumonia before and you still felt it nearly a month after. You need time and rest. Something she cant do as the longer she leaves it, the weaker she looks. Americans do not like weak leaders. All be it, there are exceptions like Roosevelt. He was weak in body, but very strong in mind.
    FDR wasn't around at time of 24/7 round the clock Infotainment garbage news and hashtag kardashian retard soundbites deciding national policy.

FDR wasn't around at time of 24/7 round the clock Infotainment garbage news and hashtag kardashian retard soundbites deciding national policy.

Very true. But he didn't like the wheelchair in public view and played on the perception he was getting better. Think I remember reading the secret service would destroy photos of him in a wheelchair.

He Was The first media president with 'fireside' or evening radio 'chats' to the American public. But he didnt have to compete with the Kardashian, lol.

I would wonder did some people back then, view Betty Grable the way we view Kardashians.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Its her first bad week unlike Trump's every second week.

A Presidential test is a grueling physical and mental test, even young journalists be wrecked after a campaign. Esquire classics have a great podcast on the 88 Bush Snr. vs. Dukakis election which gives great insight into what it takes. Hillary is winning on the mental front, only really 1 mistake which will get forgotten, whereas we've lost count on Trump.

Physically this is going to hang over her. The best thing for her would be to take the few days to recuperate properly to get ready for the rest of the campaign.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

And just like that, Donald Trump has won the U.S election.

If he does i stocking up with canned food and water and building a bunker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Don't think she'll make it to the finish line in November. A few days off isn't going to be nearly enough for a 68 year-old battling pneumonia. Sky have just quoted her husband as saying this is not the first time this has happened in recent years and all the previous instances were also dehydration related.

Tip of the iceberg imo and the DNC are going to have a huge decision to make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

If he does i stocking up with canned food and water and building a bunker.

I think the world would be more dangerous with Hillary as president. Don't trust her at all. I'm historically a Democrate voter but I just can't vote for her. Won't vote for Trump either. I think Trump us all talk. None of the crazy shít he talks about will come to fruition if he becomes president.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I think the world would be more dangerous with Hillary as president. Don't trust her at all. I'm historically a Democrate voter but I just can't vote for her. Won't vote for Trump either. I think Trump us all talk. None of the crazy shít he talks about will come to fruition if he becomes president.

I would think the guys in the background would be making the decisions for him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

So are you voting for the other guy who doesn't know what an Aleppo is?

So are you voting for the other guy who doesn't know what an Aleppo is?

Look on the bright side - if he can't find it on a map it'll be harder to bomb or invade it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

I'm not sure how Clinton has ended up coming off as the war-monger of the candidates. She's far from perfect but Trumps side are the ones openly advocating extra-judicial killings, and the "taking" oil from the middle east among a range of war crimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

jooksavage wrote: »
    I'm not sure how Clinton has ended up coming off as the war-monger of the candidates. She's far from perfect but Trumps side are the ones openly advocating extra-judicial killings, and the "taking" oil from the middle east among a range of war crimes.

Trump backed that one too "I never supported the Iraq war, she voted for it," he said (slightly paraphrased), while handily ignoring that so did his running mate and that he did actually support it back when it was being decided on.

Honestly, that is what is so damned depressing about this election. Maybe Clinton's are the more important issues, since she's actually a politician rather than a blowhard. But she gets chased down for not admitting she had pneumonia in the face of some pretty baseless attacks on her health by a guy using something with the same worth as a note from his mother, while Trump's blatant lies, sometimes in the same SENTENCE get ignored. We've got to set the bar higher than "coherent and internally logical sentence once a week" for the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭Christy42

Don't think she'll make it to the finish line in November. A few days off isn't going to be nearly enough for a 68 year-old battling pneumonia. Sky have just quoted her husband as saying this is not the first time this has happened in recent years and all the previous instances were also dehydration related.

Tip of the iceberg imo and the DNC are going to have a huge decision to make.

I didn't hear him saying recent years in that quote. He said over all the years they have been together. Evidentally she does badly while dehydrated, last time I checked that does not disqualify her from the presidency.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

If the Donald wins it will be very revealing - how much power and authority do elected heads of state actually have and to what extent are they just figureheads. Since his pronouncements and promises are so outlandish, it will be easy to see if he dosnt follow through on them compared to previous presidents who have been far more measured and middle of the road.

Christy42 wrote: »
    Evidentally she does badly while dehydrated, last time I checked that does not disqualify her from the presidency.

I suppose she could try drinking more water - i believe it comes in bottles now. And her workload is only going to increase over the next weeks. Dramatically so. Not to mention the extra level of scrutiny she will be under from a media that is now wondering out loud about her health.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

There's a documentary series on Netflix "road to the Whitehouse" about presidential campaigns. Watched three of them so far and in every campaign both sides attack the health of their opponent. There is also one promising to keep "America safe" from whatever the threat of the day is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

jooksavage wrote: »

Hillary Clinton was every bit the warmonger as secretary of state, it was she who pushed for the attacks on Libya, wanted to bomb Assad out of power.
    Her policy has been to replace dictators with terrorists, even if that was not the intent, with a migrant crisis she contributed to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Anyone who believes it was from the heat is kidding themselves. She is a sick old woman and should drop out. Not fit to do the job on health grounds. She has seizure issues.

Anyone who believes it was from the heat is kidding themselves. She is a sick old woman and should drop out. Not fit to do the job on health grounds. She has seizure issues.

If she has, there's no evidence of it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Maybe she drank too much of the hot sauce in her handbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

You sound worried. Worried as in you still believe she'll win the election. That's why you want her to drop out

Says a lot really, no? That a sick old woman who could drop dead at any second, is still looking set to beat Drumpf if she remains in the race :D

Samaris wrote: »

If she has, there's no evidence of it so far.
    She looked like she was going to drop dead in that video. The video is unbelievable really, clearly not well. Just doesn't have the energy, low energy Hillary.

You sound worried. Worried as in you still believe she'll win the election. That's why you want her to drop out

Says a lot really, no? That a sick old woman who could drop dead at any second, is still looking set to beat Drumpf if she remains in the race :D
    The polls have tightened recently and I have always thought once the debates happen Trump will take over and end up winning. This adds even more of a plus to Trumps campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Anyway, on a more serious note

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/feed/donald-trump-pepe-the-frog-and-white-supremacists-an-explainer/
    That’s Pepe. He’s a symbol associated with white supremacy.

Her campaign is attacking a cartoon frog

America is fcuked whatever way this election goes. What a bunch of absolute retards

• Registered Users Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Speaking of the debates, Trump doesn't want any moderators at them, lest they are more stringent than the ones during the Republican primaries. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Speaking of the debates, Trump doesn't want any moderators at them, lest they are more stringent than the ones during the Republican primaries. :rolleyes:

Oh good gods, is that going to be his "this is my demand or I don't show up"? Well, congrats, Trump, you've picked some rubbish that no-one is going to agree with, so you might as well throw your toys out of the pram now and pull out of the debates.

And Matt Lauer was a disgrace to his role in that CiC forum. If Trump thinks -that- easy ride (he was allowed to lie blatantly onstage and wasn't called on it - yeah, I watched it) was professional and tough, yeah, he's right; the moderators at the actual debate would be far too hard on the poor chap. They might even insist on asking him questions that he doesn't want to answer and then call him on it when he contradicts himself repeatedly in the same paragraph. And that's totally, totally rigged and unfair, folks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement