Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 276 ✭✭Ilovemybricks

Billy86 wrote: »
    So no different than the US border police currently do then.

US border agents shot six people trying to illegally enter the US from Mexico in the last 25 years. Two were throwing missiles, one was attacking an agent, one was a trafficker and two were bogey as feck/murder.

So, no. Not like the US border police currently do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

US border agents shot six people trying to illegally enter the US from Mexico in the last 25 years. Two were throwing missiles, one was attacking an agent, one was a trafficker and two were bogey as feck/murder.

So, no. Not like the US border police currently do.

They have have killed more than that in the last 20 months alone. So yes, like the US border police currently do. Did you think all of those guns were there for show?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

The Mexican border patrol will shoot you. They ****ing kill people trying to cross the border illegally.

Really? I've searched the interwebs and found nothing on that.
    There's been 90,000 illegals a year deported from Mexico so obviously they got in without being shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Trump still believes that Obama wasn't born in America;

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-birther_us_57db31d1e4b04a1497b37811

What I find hilarious is that the Trump camp's only two cards now appear to be "Hillary is a liar" and "Hillary is an invalid". Which are two statements that might easily apply to Trump. The first certainly.

Hilary is a devious and intelligent liar. Trump is a bare-faced, stupid and compulsive liar.

America has to pick one. I know which one I would rather have in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

seamus wrote: »
    The article itself is decent with direct quotes and named sources, but the 'Editor's Note' at the bottom of that article (and many articles dealing with Trump) is sad stuff really. Just give us the facts and let us decide.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

jacksie66 wrote: »
    And yet you quote the Huffington post. The credibility of your post goes out the window with that.
    It's literally all over the internet today. I just plucked the first result from a newsfeed.

Here:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/16/us/politics/donald-trump-birther-obama.html?_r=0
    http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/15/politics/donald-trump-obama-birther-united-states/
    The article itself is decent with direct quotes and named sources, but the 'Editor's Note' at the bottom of that article (and many articles dealing with Trump) is sad stuff really. Just give us the facts and let us decide.
    Yeesh, I didn't even spot that. There was a brief time when HuffPo was considered a shining example of independent quality journalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

osarusan wrote: »

Yeah, they've had that Editor's Note on every article that mentions Trump for probably about 6 months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

That kind of lecturing "we know better" tone is the thing pushing people to Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭Christy42

That kind of lecturing "we know better" tone is the thing pushing people to Trump

People should find better reasons to vote than the other side happen to be a bit on a high horse. That is a terrible reason to vote for someone and if someone votes on this basis alone it kinda proves that other do in fact know better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Thought Trump supporters were in favour of "telling it like it is".

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

20Cent wrote: »
    Thought Trump supporters were in favour of "telling it like it is".

Unlike Trump who'll sue anyone and their mother if they "tell it like it is" about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Keith Olbermann's video on why Trump is an unfit candidate (to put it mildly) is worth a watch:

http://www.gq.com/story/176-reasons-donald-trump-shouldnt-be-president-olbermann

Video is embedded in the linked page which also has a handy transcript with links backing up all of the remarks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Do they need a safe space :p.........

Its amazing how similar Trumpeters are to the caricature they complain about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

Christy42 wrote: »
    People should find better reasons to vote than the other side happen to be a bit on a high horse. That is a terrible reason to vote for someone and if someone votes on this basis alone it kinda proves that other do in fact know better.

I say people should know better than to vote for someone just because of others 'we know better' rhetoric. !!! Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭Christy42

I say people should know better than to vote for someone just because of others 'we know better' rhetoric. !!! Classic.

Essentially. All this saying people are driving support towards Trump because of name calling (seriously towards the biggest name caller of all) is an excuse so they don't need to give a reason for supporting him.

Turns out people are all for telling it like it is as long as it isn't about them. Even Trump himself can't see why people get insulted when he talks and yet goes to pieces when things are said about him. He can dish it out but can't take it is the phrase that comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

I wonder how much of the above stuff is that important? Sure, Trump is a master of rhetoric, but even so...

Trump is the Republican candidate and the more than likely next president, because America has been on the decline for the past few decades and people are sick to shìte of whats going on around them.

If Trump didn't exist, there would be someone else doing the exact same thing he has, is and will be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

He's supposed to be making a major announcement shortly. Perhaps in relation to Obama?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

He's supposed to be making a major announcement shortly. Perhaps in relation to Obama?

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/donald-trump-birther-announcement-dc-watch-liv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

Christy42 wrote: »
    Essentially. All this saying people are driving support towards Trump because of name calling (seriously towards the biggest name caller of all) is an excuse so they don't need to give a reason for supporting him.

Turns out people are all for telling it like it is as long as it isn't about them. Even Trump himself can't see why people get insulted when he talks and yet goes to pieces when things are said about him. He can dish it out but can't take it is the phrase that comes to mind.

I don't think your getting it are you. You're telling other people their reasons for which way they want to vote is wrong. That's not how democracy works. People will decide their own reasons. The more you tell them they're stupid, the more they will refuse to listen to you.

Just to clarify. I don't like trump. I wouldn't vote for him. But all I'm hearing both from America and in Ireland is why people shouldn't vote for him. He's a liar, he's crap at business, he's racist, he likes Russia, his miss' was a brazzer and so on. It's pathetic. Telling people why their reasons are stupid. Arrogant in the extreme.

I don't hear anyone instead arguing why they should vote for Clinton. What's good about her? Try convincing them about your reasons. And now I can't even see why anyone would want to vote for her either. The longer this goes on the more the election becomes about if you like or hate a character that is almost cartoon like. Trump dumbed down the election. The trump haters made it twice as stupid.

to put it another way. just because you dislike a dumb guy, it doesn't make you smart.

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    There was a brief time when HuffPo was considered a shining example of independent quality journalism.
    I must've been out for a smoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Yup, he said that Obama was born in the united states.
    Glad he cleared that up for us.

Winterlong wrote: »

Now he said more than that mostly how great the hotel was, the owner must be delighted with the publicity very nice of Trump.

Now he said more than that mostly how great the hotel was, the owner must be delighted with the publicity very nice of Trump.

Just doing his bit for the little man.
    And that little man is six three and weighs 190.

Just doing his bit for the little man.
    And that little man is six three and weighs 190.

is that 190 kgs.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

And it only took him 8 years to figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The man deserves no credit for finally accepting the bloody obvious. The man is simply a liar and a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

According to Fox News he's around 230lbs, heavy enough even for a guy over 6'

According to Fox News he's around 230lbs, heavy enough even for a guy over 6'

190 when you discount his ego.
    But yes, he is 236 according to his doctor. 16.8 stone in old money.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Just wanted to get an idea what ye think about The Donald.
    Unqualified.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement