Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Harvey Normal

InTheTrees wrote: »
    A weak number? Well yeah. but those numbers will change. I was responding to someone who said if the election were held today she would lose.

She's obviously not losing is she?

The fivethirtyeight site itself says it runs thousands of simulations. In 40% of them trump now wins. So no she probably won't lose but she won't win by a landslide either.

Also a tiny shift in the poll numbers could make that 50-50.

The definition of an honest politician is once bought they stay bought.

Too many U turns aren't good.

What are the stats on longevity in the US ? For mere mortals women live longer than men. Is this also true for the top 1% who can avail of the sort of medical care denied to the vast majority without bankrupting them ? Trump is older and has a few more heart attack risk factors.

He probably has more than a decade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Ahh man, the left are livid.

All they have now is. Don't vote for this man, because he is bald. :D

And it the pockets of Saudis and Russia,befire we get into all the racism, xenophobia, and that he'd be the best thing to ever happen to Islamic terrorism.

Parachutes wrote: »
    Not true. He's doing much better than Romney did with key demographics, 39% with Hispanics and about 18% with blacks according to some polls. That's pretty much unheard of for a republican.

He's ahead by many points in some battleground states. This race is much closer than you'd like to believe.
    Sorry but your numbers seem to be off,abd quite considerably at that. Where did you get them? I'm curious because Trump is at 2% among black people (behind gary Johnson and Jill Stein) and 19% with Hispanics which would be the lowest of any republican candidate in a long, long time.

http://www.vox.com/2016/9/4/12772748/trump-latino-voters-immigration

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-is-in-fourth-place-among-black-voters/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Think best example of this election was when Hillary was on stage with Bernie debates,they both had their differences,but it was proper debate,even thou Bernie at the time could dropped crap with emails and her being corrupt he passed on it,and vise versa from her side taking on him,thus agreeing that changes need to be implemented in education system and other sectors,not some racial crap taking on minorities,implementing rash decisions just because economy has been down.

Trump on the other hand will get crushed when it comes down to giving detailed view and implementation of policies,since he hasnt single one that would make sense or wouldnt come out as some sort disaster.

Reminds me of Sarah Palin story,only this time its Trump who has some cash to spend and speak what else avoided to cause clashes,thus instead playing into peoples fears and anger.

Since being president one has to be tough but also rational which trumps lacks any rational at all,and furthermore any political experience,when it comes to Hillary having almost 30yrs in white house.

when you see trumps compiled speeches its clear he basically speaks what ordinary 50y American in a pub would blabber how everything is bad,and he has solution how he would do it better.

Thus dont see him having any chance,since when people realize none of it will come to bearing or wouldn't cause worse outcome he will be loosing left and right.

Best video think is this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFYuFdkEqfw he outlines details in simple fashion,and mention's if your working person twice,and president shouldn't be someone who goes ballistic over some tweet or that you dont like question or person whos asking it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,815 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

100% of the blacks love me yis feckers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭Christy42

I don't think your getting it are you. You're telling other people their reasons for which way they want to vote is wrong. That's not how democracy works. People will decide their own reasons. The more you tell them they're stupid, the more they will refuse to listen to you.

Just to clarify. I don't like trump. I wouldn't vote for him. But all I'm hearing both from America and in Ireland is why people shouldn't vote for him. He's a liar, he's crap at business, he's racist, he likes Russia, his miss' was a brazzer and so on. It's pathetic. Telling people why their reasons are stupid. Arrogant in the extreme.

I don't hear anyone instead arguing why they should vote for Clinton. What's good about her? Try convincing them about your reasons. And now I can't even see why anyone would want to vote for her either. The longer this goes on the more the election becomes about if you like or hate a character that is almost cartoon like. Trump dumbed down the election. The trump haters made it twice as stupid.

to put it another way. just because you dislike a dumb guy, it doesn't make you smart.

Calling stupid things stupid is stupid now:confused:

He is a liar is a solid fact. That can't be argued against.

He is a racist - he called Mexican's rapists

He does like Russia - he has said he respects Putin multiple times. It isn't arrogance when it can be backed up and nor does any of this make me clever.

What his wife has done in that regard is her business and don't agree with attacks on that front.

Sure calling their reasons stupid is hardly like to convince people that I am right but I am not the one campaigning here. There is a reason Clinton's basket of deplorables comment was a mistake and it wasn't because the comment was a lie.

People focus on Trump's faults because Hillary will likely be an unremarkable president aside from being the first female president while with Trump America could elect it's first joke candidate. There is a massive difference in scale between these issues here and imo keeping Trump out of the white house is far more important than getting Hillary into it. You also act like this is the first campaign where negative campaigning goes on. No people just get shocked when liberals use insults and suddenly the tell it like it attitude from the right wing goes missing as they never thought someone would tell it like it is about them.

However as you want reasons to vote for Hillary:
    1. She is by quite some distance the most qualified candidate ever who has not been President in terms of experience.

2. She has long fought for women's rights such as equal pay and domestic violence

3. The Global Health Initiative she helped along in 2010.

4. She’s pro equal rights for LGBT Americans

5. She opposes using “religious freedom” to justify cutting access to healthcare and discrimination

6. She understands economic inequality – and wants to fix it

7. She thinks anti-vaxxers are stupid

8. She supports gun control

9. She knows the criminal justice system in this country is broken

10. She wants to fix Citizens United

11. She supports American Workers

12. She’s Pro-Choice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Christy42 wrote: »

He does like Russia - he has said he respects Putin multiple times. It isn't arrogance when it can be backed up and nor does any of this make me clever.

What his wife has done in that regard is her business and don't agree with attacks on that front.

Sure calling their reasons stupid is hardly like to convince people that I am right but I am not the one campaigning here. There is a reason Clinton's basket of deplorables comment was a mistake and it wasn't because the comment was a lie.

People focus on Trump's faults because Hillary will likely be an unremarkable president aside from being the first female president while with Trump America could elect it's first joke candidate. There is a massive difference in scale between these issues here and imo keeping Trump out of the white house is far more important than getting Hillary into it. You also act like this is the first campaign where negative campaigning goes on. No people just get shocked when liberals use insults and suddenly the tell it like it attitude from the right wing goes missing as they never thought someone would tell it like it is about them.

1. She is by quite some distance the most qualified candidate ever who has not been President in terms of experience.

2. She has long fought for women's rights such as equal pay and domestic violence

5. She opposes using “religious freedom” to justify cutting access to healthcare and discrimination

12. She supports American Workers

13. She’s Pro-Choice

And the mysterious Reason #11? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Jimbob1977 wrote: »

She hasn't scammed hundreds with a fake university.

Jimbob1977 wrote: »

Woops. Had repeated a point (lgbt rights) and realised as I was about to post. Removed it but forgot to change the numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

I dunno, I quite like PopePalentine's version.

Christy42 wrote: »

11. She supports American Workers

12. She’s Pro-Choice

Number 11 is bollocks. She's anti globalisation during this campaign for the first time ever.

The real problems with Hilary.

1) she's war like on Iran.
    2) she's war like on Russia.
    3) she's war like on Assad.

Her experience includes the cluster **** that is Libya.

Trump seems less imperial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

She hasn't scammed hundreds with a fake university.

She's scammed lots of people into believing she is anti big business. Many who claim to oppose big business are lining up to back her. The former Mayor of New York Bloomberg among the wealthiest people on the planet prefers her to Trump. Oprah loves her. Hollywood loves her. Many fabulously rich Republicans support Hillary. Trump is liked among a wide variety of people. The Washington elite really really don't like him cause he is not constrained by lobbyists.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 334 ✭✭skywanderer

Either way the PetroDollar is on its knees and the EU house of cards is about to collapse at any moment.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-17/george-friedman-italy-mother-all-systemic-threats

Hitlerys proposal is to attack and start WWIII, Trump's is isolationism and Nationalism. Trump is by far a safer bet for the whole world.

Number 11 is bollocks. She's anti globalisation during this campaign for the first time ever.

The real problems with Hilary.

1) she's war like on Iran.
    2) she's war like on Russia.
    3) she's war like on Assad.

Her experience includes the cluster **** that is Libya.

Trump seems less imperial.

Surely as a poster told me you should include reasons to vote Trump in general (and not reasons to vote Trump over Hillary) as well?

Globalisation and worker's rights are not incompatible in the slightest.

Trump has specifically stated he will be targeting people who as far as he knows have committed no crime except sharing some of the same dna as terrorists.

Hillary has yet to advocate direct military action against Russia and is unlikely to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Either way the PetroDollar is on its knees and the EU house of cards is about to collapse at any moment.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-17/george-friedman-italy-mother-all-systemic-threats

Hitlerys proposal is to attack and start WWIII, Trump's is isolationism and Nationalism. Trump is by far a safer bet for the whole world.

Yes, because nationalism has never lead to anything bad. Trumptator (I can make childish nick names too) is an incompetent liar, who has been bankrupt multiple times. He will destroy the US economy and by extension hurt the worlds economy with his well established record of incompetence.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,738 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

What US presidential candidate goes on the Dr Oz show (really!?) to unveil a document of an "examination" on his health given by the exact same doctor whose credibility was shot through before with his stupid "healthiest president in history" bull****??

Embarrassing for the US. Nothing less. Joke.

Hillary's a walking joke too, just not as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The explosion in NW could swing a lot of undecided voters over to Trump, especially if the person/people responsible are muslin.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I heard the son speak tonight. He said the first time his father was ever excused of being some sort of ist or phobe was when he decided to run against the Democrat Party. (irony)

Ok we know all the Democratic Party's vile hateful history and how they still to this day practice The Bigotry of Low Expectations to manipulate minority voters.

But Trump Jnr is forgetting about one thing, his Dad supported the Democrats for many years and used them for his own advantage.

I don't think Donald is any sort of ist or phobe. He is a big ego clown who is in way over his head. He's treating this election as a vanity project imo. The GOP are an utter disgrace for not putting up a legitimate candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

The explosion in NW could swing a lot of undecided voters over to Trump, especially if the person/people responsible are muslin.
    New York's mayor says an explosion in the Chelsea district of New York City was a deliberate act but there's no immediate evidence of terrorism.
    You can be sure that the election is foremost in his mind and he is going to frantically play down these events so as to limit any benefit to trump. He's one of Clinton's cronies.
    I don't think Donald is any sort of ist or phobe. He is a big ego clown who is in way over his head. He's treating this election as a vanity project imo. The GOP are an utter disgrace for not putting up a legitimate candidate.

Whatever you may think of Trump there is no way he is a worse candidate than Hillary. The media's complete and utter bias against Trump is astounding. There is no doubt he has an ego but she is about as vile as they come. The Clinton foundation pay for play scandal, the email scandal, her lying about her health. She's a liar and a cheat.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 276 ✭✭Ilovemybricks

wes wrote: »
    Yes, because nationalism has never lead to anything bad.

If it were not for nationalism, the state you currently reside in would not be independent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

If it were not for nationalism, the state you currently reside in would not be independent.

Cork isn't independent... yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 276 ✭✭Ilovemybricks

The suspected attacker reportedly made references to Allah before he was killed.

None of the injuries were life-threatening, local police said.

An off-duty police officer from another jurisdiction shot and killed the suspect, said St Cloud Police Chief Blair Anderson.

The suspect, who has not been identified, was said to have been wearing the uniform of a private security firm when the attack occurred.

The attacker asked at least one person if they were Muslim, Mr Anderson said, adding police "will be diligent and get to the bottom of this".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37399862

That should cause a bump in support for Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I heard the son speak tonight. He said the first time his father was ever excused of being some sort of ist or phobe was when he decided to run against the Democrat Party. (irony)

Ok we know all the Democratic Party's vile hateful history and how they still to this day practice The Bigotry of Low Expectations to manipulate minority voters.

But Trump Jnr is forgetting about one thing, his Dad supported the Democrats for many years and used them for his own advantage.

Trump maybe isn't a phobe, but he is a a narcissist and a sociopath

Trump genuinely believes that he's the smartest guy in every room, and he genuinely believes that everyone else is just a means to an end, and that end is furthering his own interests.

Now, there are psychopaths in a lot of high level management positions, but Trump is going for president of the U.S.A, a position that has executive power that carries enormous risk if in the hands of an impulsive narcissist who thinks he is orders of magnitude more intelligent than he really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Whatever you may think of Trump there is no way he is a worse candidate than Hillary. The media's complete and utter bias against Trump is astounding. There is no doubt he has an ego but she is about as vile as they come. The Clinton foundation pay for play scandal, the email scandal, her lying about her health. She's a liar and a cheat.

Trump takes lying to a new level.
    Clinton lies when she thinks she won't get caught, like every other politician. Trump Lies even when its blatantly obvious that he's lying

When he was saying that Obama was born in America, he claimed that he was putting an end to the rumours that Clinton started.... Totally shamelessly rewriting history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

The United States does not need to seek independence, Nationalism in the United States that Trump is appealing to tends to take the face of White Supremacy, racism and xenophobia... So in Trump's case, definitely not something to strive for.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Clinton is harmless compared to trump. At least with Clinton you know what you are getting but trump is too impetuous to be the later of the U.S.

I watched a documentary on YouTube about trumps business practices and he is the one who is clearly a liar and a cheat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Akrasia wrote: »
    Trump takes lying to a new level.
    Clinton lies when she thinks she won't get caught, like every other politician. Trump Lies even when its blatantly obvious that he's lying

When he was saying that Obama was born in America, he claimed that he was putting an end to the rumours that Clinton started.... Totally shamelessly rewriting history.

There is definitely an element of that. Clinton, for all her faults, and she definitely has them, is just a politician. The worst thing she could probably do in office is nothing because at least she has the brains and the experience to know what is efficient and effective for her country. The worst thing Trump could do in office is basically anything, because he's a moron who doesn't really know the first thing about what he's doing or what he's talking about and he lies as casually as other people breathe. He is dangerously narcissistic and would not be able to take an ounce of the sort of scrutiny and disapproval that any sitting president will get from about half the country. And that's even before we get to foreign relations.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Sure and if it wasn't for nationalism millions of people wouldn't be dead due to pointless wars either. Nationalism is not necessarily a good thing and these days nationalist tend to rather awful.

• Advertisement

Nah, just more Trump lies. Trump has been literally found guilty of racism both towards his staff and potential tenants, and more than once in the courts.

No irony, just lies from a fraud - something else Trump is on trial for.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement