Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭PlamenDon

I really don't think Trump or Clinton should be president, Clinton is a war monger and Trump is just mad.

I'd like to see Clinton joining the "Clinton Body Count" and Sanders going against Trump and winning.

We can all dream, but the world will be a much more dangerous place with Trump or Clinton as president.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Either way the PetroDollar is on its knees and the EU house of cards is about to collapse at any moment.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-17/george-friedman-italy-mother-all-systemic-threats

Hitlerys proposal is to attack and start WWIII, Trump's is isolationism and Nationalism. Trump is by far a safer bet for the whole world.
    Clinton is going to be more or less much of the same we've seen the last 8 years. Trump on the other hand would be one of the very best things to ever happen to ISIS' recruitment.

There's a reason why The Economist lists him as the tied 5th biggest threat to the global economy... ironically tied with Islamic extremism for that spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

You can be sure that the election is foremost in his mind and he is going to frantically play down these events so as to limit any benefit to trump. He's one of Clinton's cronies.

Whatever you may think of Trump there is no way he is a worse candidate than Hillary. The media's complete and utter bias against Trump is astounding. There is no doubt he has an ego but she is about as vile as they come. The Clinton foundation pay for play scandal, the email scandal, her lying about her health. She's a liar and a cheat.

The Foundation that got a higher rating than the American Red Cross by Charity Watch? the one the Clintons don't treat as their own personal fund?

Hilary has been under investigation by Republicans for effectively 25 years and they have produced nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Also remember that if he wins, Trump's Vice President would be Mike Pence, who today said that Dick Cheney is basically his role model for what a good Vice President should be.

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/777497648198782977/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Remember Dick Cheney? http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/may/24/chris-matthews/chris-matthews-says-cheney-got-34-million-payday-h/

Remember also that when Trump was looking for potential VPs, he reportedly offered John Kasich the job on the basis of Kasich having responsibility for both domesic and foreign policy; effectively to be the president in all but name. If you assume Pence got offered the same deal, you're looking at the GW Bush years all over again, but somehow even worse.

The media's complete and utter bias against Trump is astounding.
    How much coverage has his multimillion dollar fraud case got? Because a literal fraud in the white house is genuinely worrying, and something the public should be aware of.

How much coverage have the multiple times he has been found guilty of racism got? Because a prove (multiple times) racist is genuinely worrying, and actions speak powder the even his racist words.

How much coverage has the child rape case of his got? Because a paedophilic rapist having that much power is genuinely worrying, given how. Huh it would enable him to do it a lot more.

How much coverage has his multiple bankruptcies (which come to a higher total than most estimates of his own net worth) got? Because the USA going broke is genuinely worrying, and for more than just the US.

Have any of these got as much coverage as Libya (which Trump also supported) or the email scandal? No, not even close. I guess it's time for Clinton fans to claim the media is biased against Trump?

The media just repeat what Trump said, and Trump fans get annoyed by that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

PlamenDon wrote: »
    I really don't think Trump or Clinton should be president, Clinton is a war monger and Trump is just mad.

I'd like to see Clinton joining the "Clinton Body Count" and Sanders going against Trump and winning.

We can all dream, but the world will be a much more dangerous place with Trump or Clinton as president.

That is what Congress is for. Like in many Nations around the world which do not have Presidential power politics. The budget and war declaration is a Congressional matter. Basic civics lesson.

Mod: Banned for ignoring threadban. Again.

Peregrine wrote: »
    Please don't engage with KingBrian2, we has banned from the thread and banned numerous times for ignoring that ban. If he posts again, report the post and let the mods deal with it. Ta.

Noted. Will do, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Ah it could be worse, now if Ted Cruz got to be President it would be time to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Ted Cruz has some serious "A Handmaiden's Tale" vibes coming off him. Picking between him and Trump is like picking between being stoned to death or lynched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Harvey Normal

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »
    How much coverage has his multimillion dollar fraud case got? Because a literal fraud in the white house is genuinely worrying, and something the public should be aware of.

How much coverage have the multiple times he has been found guilty of racism got? Because a prove (multiple times) racist is genuinely worrying, and actions speak powder the even his racist words.

How much coverage has the child rape case of his got? Because a paedophilic rapist having that much power is genuinely worrying, given how. Huh it would enable him to do it a lot more.

How much coverage has his multiple bankruptcies (which come to a higher total than most estimates of his own net worth) got? Because the USA going broke is genuinely worrying, and for more than just the US.

Have any of these got as much coverage as Libya (which Trump also supported) or the email scandal? No, not even close. I guess it's time for Clinton fans to claim the media is biased against Trump?

The media just repeat what Trump said, and Trump fans get annoyed by that.

His personal life isn't really the same deal as Libya. Abd Clinton didn't support that, she caused it.

B0jangles wrote: »
    Also remember that if he wins, Trump's Vice President would be Mike Pence, who today said that Dick Cheney is basically his role model for what a good Vice President should be.

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/777497648198782977/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Remember Dick Cheney? http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/may/24/chris-matthews/chris-matthews-says-cheney-got-34-million-payday-h/

Remember also that when Trump was looking for potential VPs, he reportedly offered John Kasich the job on the basis of Kasich having responsibility for both domesic and foreign policy; effectively to be the president in all but name. If you assume Pence got offered the same deal, you're looking at the GW Bush years all over again, but somehow even worse.

If pence were really dick Cheney then the neo-conservatives would be in favour of trump. They aren't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Well that's nice, enjoy the illusion.

However if the election were held today he would lose in a landslide.

He still isn't close to Romney's level of support from 2012.

I'm not enjoying the idea of Trump as president. What I said wasn't based on a desire to see Trump Win. I'm not trying to swing votes here lol

I listened to a very interesting analysis of previous American Elections on RTE. The bad news is that the electorate seem to have a preference for the underdog, and someone who is an unknown.

Case in point, Al Gore vs George Bush. I was stunned at the time that Gore lost, after the Clinton administration, that was one of the most popular ever, especially with minorities. And we all know how that filtered out.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭creolebelle

I love this guy.
    More and more, i'm finding myself hoping he becomes president.
    The stuff he says goes against all my political views but still i 'd love to see him beat Hillary.

I'm reasoning first off that he doesn't mean any of the stuff he says (the wall etc). It's all just to get in.
    And I actually do believe he gives a **** about America.
    I also feel deep down he's a decent enough guy just playing the political system and having a fcuking great time. And he's hilarious.
    Can't stump the trump videos on YouTube are brilliant BTW.

Just wanted to get an idea what ye think about The Donald.
    Why would you wish that on us???
    iMO trump is a mentally ill megalomaniac.
    Clinton is no better. I try to not think about the upcoming election.
    Its unbelievably distressing that in a few weeks we as a nation we have to choose between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.

Its unbelievably distressing that in a few weeks we as a nation we have to choose between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.

So which of them will you vote for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

Says more about the nation really and its archaic political system if you basically have to chose one of these candidates to run your country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

If I were voting I'd vote Hillary. At worst you'd have another Richard Nixon in the white house. With Trump the worst could be a Greg Stillson Maniac.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 276 ✭✭Ilovemybricks

Trump on Muslim Immigrant terrorists: 'We're allowing these people to destroy our country'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Donald Trump treats objects like women, man!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

learn_more wrote: »
    I'm not enjoying the idea of Trump as president. What I said wasn't based on a desire to see Trump Win. I'm not trying to swing votes here lol

I listened to a very interesting analysis of previous American Elections on RTE. The bad news is that the electorate seem to have a preference for the underdog, and someone who is an unknown.

Case in point, Al Gore vs George Bush. I was stunned at the time that Gore lost, after the Clinton administration, that was one of the most popular ever, especially with minorities. And we all know how that filtered out.

Gore did a lot to try to distance himself from the Clinton administration, it was a huge error on his part and a reason why he lost.

All electorates want a change at some point, it's not specific to the American electorate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I just don’t know how people can say she is no better? I can’t think of one aspect that Trump is superior, except for maybe general likeability in a weird, creepy, racist uncle kind of way.

She has been in public office longer so she has a voting record but nearly everything she has voted for Trump has supported at some point in time (including his repeated support for her). She also made mistakes as secretary of state but Trump has left a trail of wreckage of failed businesses after him due to mistakes he’s made.

At this point I feel people that say she’s as bad as him just have their head in the sand and just don’t want to vote for her for some personality issue, which is absolutely idiotic given what is at stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

learn_more wrote: »
    Case in point, Al Gore vs George Bush. I was stunned at the time that Gore lost

You were right to be stunned. Poor gore. He got the most votes and would have won if the republican supreme court hadnt stoped the recount.

Trump on Muslim Immigrant terrorists: 'We're allowing these people to destroy our country'

Yet when the media mentions it was Trump defending racial profiling his supporters will race to call it bias against him. It'll be the latest example in trump fans getting angry at the media for literally repeating what he is saying. Standard sales, really (and Trump despite all else is an excellent salesperson).

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/296577-trump-people-making-us-unsafe-because-we-dont-want-to

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I just don’t know how people can say she is no better? I can’t think of one aspect that Trump is superior, except for maybe general likeability in a weird, creepy, racist uncle kind of way.

She has been in public office longer so she has a voting record but nearly everything she has voted for Trump has supported at some point in time (including his repeated support for her). She also made mistakes as secretary of state but Trump has left a trail of wreckage of failed businesses after him due to mistakes he’s made.

At this point I feel people that say she’s as bad as him just have their head in the sand and just don’t want to vote for her for some personality issue, which is absolutely idiotic given what is at stake.

Clinton gets a lot of the blame for Benghazi, now I know it's Fox pushing this most of the time but throw enough mud and some of it will stick, getting the blame for the deaths of people sounds a lot worse than not releasing tax returns.

Also she has changed her story so much over this email server that she is getting caught out in interviews, it's easier answer questions when telling the truth than trying to remember what lie to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Clinton gets a lot of the blame for Benghazi, now I know it's Fox pushing this most of the time but throw enough mud and some of it will stick, getting the blame for the deaths of people sounds a lot worse than not releasing tax returns.

Also she has changed her story so much over this email server that she is getting caught out in interviews, it's easier answer questions when telling the truth than trying to remember what lie to say.

"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." - quote from Mark Twain.

Someone that worked directly for Hilary has been found asking an internet forum on how to change emails on a mail server and remove a VIP's email address from them. You really couldn't write this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

I always wondered why she didn't just go down the "disclosing info on the emails will put the lives of American troops at risk" then calling anyone attacking her unpatriotic.

I suppose the big fear with the polls is that there could be a shy Tory type effect with Trump voters afraid to admit to pollsters that they're voting Trump, since you're automatically going to get called a hateful small minded bigot

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I just want him to lose so much. It'll be so funny. Please, for the love of f*ck, just let him lose...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭_oveless_

Trump is literally hitler
    he needs to be stopped at all costs, Hillary is a woman and a democrat
    she is clearly going to be the best president in history.
    We need to stop talking about her foreign policy record especially regarding the middle east, Trump is going to make it hard for people to illegally enter the united states that's literally no different from the nazi's.
    Trump is a misogynist which means that he has a pathological hatred of women he will bring back pay inequality for women and sign laws that force them to quit their jobs when they are married or have babies.
    Donald Trump literally hates black people he will bring back slavery. People who are supporting Trump are literally committing hate crimes we need to identify these people and target them.
    We need to to stop talking about Hillary's relationship with Saudi Arabia it's a whole different country there it's their culture to oppress women and kill homosexuals trying to impose our values on them would be racist, Trump wants to kill or deport all muslims in the US it's no different from the holocaust I literally cant even right now Trump makes me sick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

_oveless_ wrote: »
    Trump is literally hitler

He is more of Mussolini if you ask me. He is more a fool than anything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement