Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Dongle

Options
  • 12-05-2016 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I'm looking to buy a dongle for my laptop. What one would ye guys recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Focus_sligo

I had the three one, it used to be great but seems to only work on roaming this last month or 2, but seems not to be using credit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Do this,
    Find buy Donedeal etc an android phone preferably with 4g (Old Galaxy S4 with a cracked screen etc)
    Run down to Three and pick up a ready to go sim and top it up with 20e.
    Now configure the Tethering or Mobile Network sharing / Portable Hotspot on the Phone. Connect it to your laptop and you are in business.
    You will have unlimited 3/4G Coverage on Three for 20 a month.

Better than buying a dongle and having limits or worse a massive bill if on bill pay for over use.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Adnan44

No i'm not a student, jesus that sounds complicated to me Bennyc ha

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Adnan44

I had the three one, it used to be great but seems to only work on roaming this last month or 2, but seems not to be using credit

A friend has 3 one her's is the same expect she said credit goes very fast & she doesnt even watch videos

• Advertisement
Advertisement