Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finishing my PME this month. What site is the best place to look for jobs or subbing?

Options
  • 12-05-2016 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Basically, just what I said in the title. I'm just finishing my PME and I'd like to get an idea of where I should primarily be looking for secondary school teaching jobs or subbing for next year. Thanks a mill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Basically, just what I said in the title. I'm just finishing my PME and I'd like to get an idea of where I should primarily be looking for secondary school teaching jobs or subbing for next year. Thanks a mill.

Educationposts
    The ETB website(s) in your area.
    Subbing - deliver CVs to school - but this is pointless at this time of year.

Make sure you have your TC registration as you can't get paid without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭pandoraj09

What are your subjects OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

For DDLETB and KWETB www.etbvacancies.ie - many of those jobs are closing in the next few days

LMETB and CMETB www.etbjobs.ie

Other than that as others have said keep an eye on the individual ETB sites and educationposts.ie and educationcareers.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

pandoraj09 wrote: »
    What are your subjects OP?

History and CSPE. :/

It's going to be tough, I know.

History and CSPE. :/

It's going to be tough, I know.

Yes extremely with those subjects. You will find it extremely difficult to find full time work (if any).

Have you any first year subjects you could bring to degree level for registration? I would strongly recommend it. You're best chances would be Irish or French.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

Yes extremely with those subjects. You will find it extremely difficult to find full time work (if any).

Have you any first year subjects you could bring to degree level for registration? I would strongly recommend it. You're best chances would be Irish or French.

I did English and History in the first year of my degree and switched to History Single Honours for the final two years. Regretting it now. How would I go about bringing a first year subject to degree level do you know?

I did English and History in the first year of my degree and switched to History Single Honours for the final two years. Regretting it now. How would I go about bringing a first year subject to degree level do you know?

It depends on the university. I did continual professional modules in Galway but in UCC and other universities, I think you get a qualification (can't think of name at the moment).

My advice would be to get your qualifications assessed by the Teaching Council (costs around 200e - could be more now). They will get back to you, telling you what exactly you have to study. I would recommend doing this first as you don't want to undertake study and they telling you, you need more. Its good that you have first year English because they changed the regulations a few years ago which stated that you needed to have studied 10ECTS from first year.

Advertisement