Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signing up for a Broadband product

Options
  • 12-05-2016 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

Hi

I was looking at signing up to Broadband only and have a few questions. Looking at the Eir website didn't really answer them unfortunatley so you might be able to help me?

From typing in my address on the eFibre Map, fibre is not available in my area yet. I'm just 2 miles outside Galway city so it might hopefully reach me at some stage. But I'd like to get some sort of decent Broadband connection in the mean time (Currently have a cheap wireless top up service).
    Is there some other Broadband service available from Eir apart from Fibre? Preferably a landline one? Find the current wireless can be very hit and miss.

We bought our current house 2 years and there is (or was) a phoneline into the house for the previous owners as the phone plug in point was still on the wall before we renovated the house. So I'm guessing there is a phone line into the house, buts it just not active. Can this still be used for Broadband now or does a new line need to be installed?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi

I was looking at signing up to Broadband only and have a few questions. Looking at the Eir website didn't really answer them unfortunatley so you might be able to help me?

From typing in my address on the eFibre Map, fibre is not available in my area yet. I'm just 2 miles outside Galway city so it might hopefully reach me at some stage. But I'd like to get some sort of decent Broadband connection in the mean time (Currently have a cheap wireless top up service).
    Is there some other Broadband service available from Eir apart from Fibre? Preferably a landline one? Find the current wireless can be very hit and miss.

We bought our current house 2 years and there is (or was) a phoneline into the house for the previous owners as the phone plug in point was still on the wall before we renovated the house. So I'm guessing there is a phone line into the house, buts it just not active. Can this still be used for Broadband now or does a new line need to be installed?

Thanks in advance
    Hi Fozzie Bear,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

It should also tell you here https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/ if you can avail of a standard broadband service. If you register your details on this site and as soon as the efibre service is available you will be notified.

Should standard broadband be available to you there is dual play bundles available that include a landline, you can view these on-line. 
    Alternatively our sales team will also be more than happy to explore the different options available to you. You can contact them on 1800503303, or you can also chat to them on-line on https://www.eir.ie/chatnow/;

If there was a previous line in the house this should be still available for reactivation however you might need to get a electrician to arrange for internal wiring if the socket has been removed when you renovated the house.

-Pamela 

Advertisement