Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul McCartney

Options
  • 12-05-2016 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Anyone have any idea if Paul McCartney could possibly be playing Ireland soon as I see he has announced another tour taking in Europe. At the moment there aren't even any dates in the UK which I would still try to make if he wasn't going to play Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jimmy_b

I'm sure something will be announced for ireland, went to see him in the rds in 2010 one of the best gigs i've been to

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Hard to say really, as that RDS gig sold pretty badly! If he returns I'd imagine it'll be indoors, most likely the 3 arena again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Roguemichael

I would very much be interested in seeing paul mccartney in dublin, i turned down a free ticket to see him in 2010 still regret it to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭eamonpk

He did a brilliant gig in the O2 (now 3 Arena) in December 2009 and returned 6 months later to do the RDS gig in June 2010 and strangely hasn't returned since. The only other gig I remember him doing was in 2003 (RDS I think?)

Attended all 3 gigs were brilliant but I think that the O2 just pipped the other two. I think when he announced Henry McCullagh at the O2 it was a great moment as I think there was a bit of a fall out between the two.

As he didn't include Ireland in Out There tour last year I went over to see him in the O2 in London and again a brilliant show although I would love to see him playing Ireland again.

The only European gigs so far are Madrid, Amsterdam, Germanay and Denmark as far as I know but if anyone hears anything please keep me posted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Right after the European gigs that he's announced, he's going back to the US, where he always is.
    I can't see an Irish gig until November/December or 2017 but I'd be more than happy to be proved wrong.
    I've always wanted to see McCartney live!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,245 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I remember seeing him at the RDS in 2003 I think. An amazing show and the set was of Springsteenesq length. Brilliant energy and a great band backing him. Unfortunately I was unable to go to either of the other gigs he played here but would see him in a heartbeat again so fingers crosse do ex snacks sooner than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Liam92

I was lucky enough to see him at the December '09 gig in The O2 on a freezing Sunday night.

With McCartney, he seems to announce a few sporadic gigs a month or two in advance of the gig, so he may play again this winter. Here's hoping.

I'm pretty sure that '09 arena gig was announced about less than two months beforehand, so there's always a possibility he'll play again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Liam92 wrote: »
    I was lucky enough to see him at the December '09 gig in The O2 on a freezing Sunday night.

With McCartney, he seems to announce a few sporadic gigs a month or two in advance of the gig, so he may play again this winter. Here's hoping.

I'm pretty sure that '09 arena gig was announced about less than two months beforehand, so there's always a possibility he'll play again.

I was at that gig too, it was just before Christmas, amazing show, he played for nearly 3 hours without breaking sweat. If you have a chance to get to see him take it, its worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Noise Annoys

That RDS 2010 gig was fantastic. I didn't expect it to be that good, was really blown away.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭jimosterberg

The o2 gig was amazing. The RDS gig was decent but having a seated area directly in front of the stage was crap and took away some of the atmosphere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

I've seen the three shows he's played here, fantastic stuff every time. I really hope there's a repeat soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 IllBeGrand

Can't belive that was 09! I thought maybe 2012. I remember buying gloves in the Christmas market down at George's dock.

Great gig though. He really delivered.

Advertisement