Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartments To Rent In Cork City

Options
  • 12-05-2016 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi my girlfriend and me are planning to move to Cork City.

People know whats the renting is like here in Cork. Is it expensive. Nice areas in the city to live. Doesnt have to be the city centre which i know would be expensive
    What be the best sites to look up. Can you rent student apartments for the summer month? But not sharing with anyone

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Yes it is expensive. Cork city rental prices have gone up a lot in the past year or two. Take a look on Daft to get an idea. Do you have jobs lined up? Do you have cars? Where to live depends on a lot of factors. Student apartments do often get rented out for the summer. I have seen some of these on Daft recently..

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rob55

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Yes it is expensive. Cork city rental prices have gone up a lot in the past year or two. Take a look on Daft to get an idea. Do you have jobs lined up? Do you have cars? Where to live depends on a lot of factors. Student apartments do often get rented out for the summer. I have seen some of these on Daft recently..

Hi we have no jobs lined up yet and my girlfriend has a car. Area is not a major issue, but something close to amenties and bus route would be handy. student apartments would be handy to start off. are they mostly sharing with others

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

If you do a search on daft you can see Arcadia hall and South Mall court are both up for rent for the summer. These are students places. I'd say you've the choice of renting the whole apartment or room. Best to contact them.

There are a few student complexes near CIT which I assume are rented in the summer. Parchment square, Deanshall, Edenhall. Close enough to the city on the 208/205 bus route. Contact them!

If you are renting in the city or even outside the city be aware that many places charge extra for parking. I have a friend that is staying in an apartment in the city and pays €100 per month for parking in their apartment block.

If you don't want to live anywhere "rough" I would avoid Knocknaheeny area, Mahon, Togher. Saying that those places can also be grand. Depends where exactly you are living.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

You be looking at lest 1k + for somewhere EG 1 or 2 bed place. So about 2K is needed up front for a new student apartment

With no job your going to find it very hard to rent somewhere. Before i moved in with my housemate into our new apartment last month both of us has to have proof that we are working EG with a letter from our work place. They then called both or work places to make it 100% sure we are working. You will also maybe need a past landlord ref as well.

Also get ready for about 20 people in a line for viewing places i wish i was joking but i have done that when i was viewing places in the city.

What are yous skilled in anyway ?. If you have a IT degree send me on your info i can set up a interview for you where i work.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rob55

do you need a letter of proof that you are working in order to rent???
    Just came back from abroad living

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

rob55 wrote: »
    do you need a letter of proof that you are working in order to rent???
    Just came back from abroad living

Yes crazily you need refs to rent now in cork as there is such a demand to getting a place to live any place that gos up and is good gos with in a day or two. My place it went up at 4pm i called right away booked a viewing at 9. Got the place on the spot as had refs for both of us and paid right away.

If you don't have the cash that day as well forgot about it.

I wish i was joking. But i know of so many people in my office who cant find a place to live or it took them a month + sharing or taking a full place.

If your interested my old apartment will be going up to rent. Its going to be about 1250+ for a 2 bedroom city centre and you can park your car on the st with parking permeant but you are going to need them refs. I can give you her number if you wont.

Advertisement