Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel credit card and current account

Options
  • 12-05-2016 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hello,

I am looking to close credit card and current account.

I called phone banking and they said that I need to visit the branch for that.

Unfortunately I was not able to make it to the branch before closing. Is there another way to close both card and account? By phone? 

Thank you,
    E.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hello,

I am looking to close credit card and current account.

I called phone banking and they said that I need to visit the branch for that.

Unfortunately I was not able to make it to the branch before closing. Is there another way to close both card and account? By phone? 

Thank you,
    E.
    Hi eskimo_undercov,

Thank you for your post here on Boards.ie.

You can request to close your Credit card account over the phone or at any our branches, you can also send your request in a written letter to your branch. To close a current account you need to go to local branch or you can send a written letter of instruction to your branch to request to have the account closed.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Tara C

Advertisement