Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sryanbruen wrote: »
    The first poor day here at Grange was last Monday... and was Friday (yesterday) not that poor at your area?

yesterday there was drizzely rain and warmth but nothing wet the ground till close to dark wheras today it was heavy showers and downpours, watching the radar trying to find 10 minutes to walk safely without getting soaked so bad day!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Gonzo wrote: »
    there was drizzely rain but nothing wet the ground till close to dark wheras today it was heavy showers and downpours, watching the radar trying to find 10 minutes to walk safely without getting soaked so bad day!

My place got a good dose of 5mm of rainfall yesterday compared to around the double digit values in the city centre and the western side of the county. It felt like a lot more though!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Olwas2014

Right now in West kerry it is mild but pretty showery and can have heavy showers at times. So I think the good weather is unfortunately breaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Padster90s

Anyone else finding the humidity worse even though the temps are cooler?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Padster90s wrote: »

Oh God yes, although its cooler, you can't move a finger without sweating!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

poor week for the east coming up with plenty of rain and showers and getting a degree or 2 cooler as each day passes.

Padster90s wrote: »

Not really. Here at Grange, it has been freezing since Tuesday. Sunday and Monday were the days when I felt it though! Man... it was very hard to sleep then.

Casement Aerodrome recorded quite a wet day yesterday with 23.0mm. Here at Grange (in the same county....), I recorded 3.2mm only, even Friday was wetter here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Some nice warmth in the charts for the end of June...something m.t has been mentioning recently

http://max.nwstatic.co.uk/gfsimages/gfs.20160612/00/360/ukmaxtemp.png

Met Éireann say we will have a drier interlude Friday and Saturday but then rain on the Sunday.

• Advertisement

Relentless showery week ahead! :(:mad:

Relentless showery week ahead! :(:mad:

Ah be glad, it'll help with the JC preparations.

I enjoyed the drizzle last night, its relaxing.
    Would like the sun back now though!
    Cloud breaking in Clare, hopefully the sun will make an appearance for a while!

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Ah be glad, it'll help with the JC preparations.

I enjoyed the drizzle last night, its relaxing.
    Would like the sun back now though!
    Cloud breaking in Clare, hopefully the sun will make an appearance for a while!

Ah yeah.. I forgot about the JC already :D:pac:.

surprisingly great day here today, 21C and feeling very muggy with good sunny spells.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Absolutely apocalyptic rain there just now for about 5 minutes in D7. And now, back to sunshine!

everything back to normal today, plenty of rain, dark clouds and winter clothes back on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Temp has been hovering around 19C in Galway this afternoon so it still feels Summery here - in between the showers that is :pac:

Wouldn't like to be in Malaga today either! An amazingly hot 38c. Humidity is only 23% though.

Wouldn't like to be in Malaga today either! An amazingly hot 38c. Humidity is only 23% though.

those conditions are much more pleasant than they sound! I'd prefer that to the current 14C and rain/showers anyday!

Grange's June 2016 statistics up to 16:00 on the 13th

Rainfall: 22.4mm (47% of the LTA) - It is already wetter than the past two Junes (2014, 2015) and soon to be wetter than 2013 also.
    Mean temperature: 16.0c (+3.7c above the LTA) - still no difference at all
    Sunshine: 90 hours (51% of the LTA) - Slightly above average

So it is running at very slightly above average rainfall (but only very slightly...), slightly above average sunshine and exceptionally warm - already my warmest June on record.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Gonzo wrote: »
    those conditions are much more pleasant than they sound! I'd prefer that to the current 14C and rain/showers anyday!

Couldn't agree more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

It's back to ordinary weather this week. Drizzly showers and feeling rather cool in the Limerick area.

Blowing a storm with angry gusts here in West Clare!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Blowing a storm with angry gusts here in West Clare!

And that's better than Malaga???

And that's better than Malaga???

38c just feels terrible.

I also don't mind this weather, at all. It is our climate after alk

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I see normal summer has resumed.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It got up to 20.9C in Castlebar today, but the hunidity was a killer, the lowest it has gotten since 08.00 this morning was 85%.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

19mm here today, after the long dry spell, mother nature balancing herself out as usual

38c just feels terrible.

I also don't mind this weather, at all. It is our climate after alk

Yeah I suffered 34c in Lanzarote. I take our depressing weather any day over that heat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Yeah I suffered 34c in Lanzarote. I take our depressing weather any day over that heat.

Try in the 40's in Gran Canaria or when I was in New York in 2011, it is a whole different kind of heat.

Advertisement