Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭OldRio

Rain rain and more rain today in Leitrim. Following on from a day of rain yesterday. Cool as well.

Can only get better (hopefully)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Windy evening, nice wind though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I wish it would either rain or be sunny, this relentlessly cloudy weather, all the time, we got 3 days of no rain but just cloudy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

Any sign of a few dry days soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Padster90s

Looks like that warm spell for late June and early July has well and truly died a death. A warm first week of September it is then :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Padster90s wrote: »
    Looks like that warm spell for late June and early July has well and truly died a death. A warm first week of September it is then :)

Probably. Very typical.

Lovely morning at Grange with blue skies. Of course, it has to be a nice day when I'm doing my last exam for god sake. So typical.

Same here in Greystones.

Mostly clear and around 14C

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Slieve Gullion

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Lovely morning at Grange with blue skies. Of course, it has to be a nice day when I'm doing my last exam for god sake. So typical.

I hope the exam went well for you today.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

If this weather is "typical" (its not) why is everyone getting annoyed?

• Advertisement

Carnacalla wrote: »
    If this weather is "typical" (its not) why is everyone getting annoyed?

The weather is typical here at Grange, I don't see why everyone would get annoyed.

I hope the exam went well for you today.

It did thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Despite the showers id classify this May n June as quite good for Sligo. Wev had at least 15 fully sunny days. At least 20 days of temperatures over 18c and a lot less wind than 2007 to 2015.

Only Sundays have been wet and there were even sunny Sundays too

July looks like starting with that dreaded NW low that greenland gives us each Summer though

Would ya ever go and melt off Greenland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Probably. Very typical.

You promised me a lovely start to July!! ;)

You promised me a lovely start to July!! ;)

I must have been in my bed asleep dreaming then :D:pac::cool:. Anyways, temperatures of 18-22c in Ireland is lovely to say the least. Like this June, my highest temperature has been only 24c whilst I have recorded higher June temperatures in 2015, 2014, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2006, 2005 etc. Despite this, this June has been warmer than any of those Junes by a long mile - so I'm not fully wrong.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The feeling of a great June was greatly enhanced by the first 8 days of the month, since then I would describe this month as very average. After a warm start we had a cold unsettled week last week and this week is average typical 18C with plenty of cloud, some sun and showers. Outlook looks like staying very average into early July with no real sign of any prolonged warm, dry and sunny weather over the next few weeks.

That was a fantastic summers morning in Dublin City.
    Warm and partly cloudy.

LEIN wrote: »
    That was a fantastic summers morning in Dublin City.
    Warm and partly cloudy.

Yep, it is sizzling hot here at Grange right now!

Gonzo wrote: »
    The feeling of a great June was greatly enhanced by the first 8 days of the month, since then I would describe this month as very average. After a warm start we had a cold unsettled week last week and this week is average typical 18C with plenty of cloud, some sun and showers. Outlook looks like staying very average into early July with no real sign of any prolonged warm, dry and sunny weather over the next few weeks.

IMO I would call June slightly better than normal. Grange has had very few days with below average temperatures this June - even during the week just gone and those little cool days are not enough to beat all those warmer than normal days, so it is slightly better than normal. Also since the poulter index here is not well above average for June, the sunshine is well below average and it is - unless we get even 2 days with 10 hours of sunshine, my dullest June on record. The rainfall is still below average but it is getting there.

My stats for June up to the 23rd at 12:00

Rainfall: 33.8mm (70% of the LTA)
    Mean temperature: 15.2c (+2.9c above the LTA)
    Sunshine: 127 hours (72% of the LTA) - mmm, it doesn't seem that dull comparing it to the average

The whole of May had recorded nearly double my June sunshine up to now (241 hours).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

The Jet , although not particularly strong, staying over or below us for the foreseeable future , keeping the warmest weather away from us. Met Eireann saying the weather keeping slightly unsettled into early next week with about normal temperatures. Bit dull recently but not too bad all the same.

Rainfall just 32.4mm so far this month.

P1Kttry.png?1

fkU6Dnc.png?1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

I'm I Greece as I type this its 23.27 and the current temp is 30 degrees. Today was 38 degrees incredible heat.

Very heavy downpour right now at Grange with a bit of thunder mixed in!

Mullingar recorded 16.0mm yesterday. It was the only place to record yesterday as quite a wet day.

Mullingar is now up to 96.3mm for this June - it hasn't recorded such a wet June since 2012.

Grange has recorded 11.8mm of rainfall today so far which brings my total up to 47.2mm, 98% of the whole monthly LTA. So it looks like I will 100% have a wetter than normal June. This period of wet months is horrible. My % of LTA rainfall for each month since last November:

November: 203% - 5th wettest November on record
    December: 350% - wettest month on record
    January: 190% - 2nd wettest January on record
    February: 142%
    March: 100% - most average March ever
    April: 267% - 2nd wettest April on record
    May: 127%
    June: 98% up to this point

So far, 2016 has recorded my third wettest start to the year on record behind only 2002 and 2012. Anybody think we are owed a drier than normal MONTH? No not dry period but a dry month.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the forecasts continue to downgrade, next week is looking quite cool and often wet. We could be under the atlantic influence/current setup into mid July at the earliest. 2 huge showers here so far today dumping alot of rain.

the forecasts continue to downgrade, next week is looking quite cool and often wet. We could be under the atlantic influence/current setup into mid July at the earliest. 2 huge showers here so far today dumping alot of rain.

Yeah I don't see where you're getting "quite cool" from. The expected temperatures at least here at Grange are still above the average and otherwise, are pretty average for the rest of Ireland - not cool or warm.

According to the Met Office, we could expect a warm, dry spell with a minimum 4 days after the first week in July. Temperatures expected they say in Ireland about the 23-25c range generally - but ain't that pleasant enough? (If it happens...) Just reminding you that they predicted the dry spell back in March and they were correct. Hopefully they're correct again.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 spintheglobe

First Summer in Ireland and it is horrendous :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭armabelle

this weather is the pits, why predict anything else

just say: "it is going to be miserable and grey and it is going to last you the rest of your life"

and on those odd days that it actually is sunny, just say:" nobody can be right 100% of the time"

and be happy that you were right 98% of the time

• Advertisement

Very showery day so far.

Advertisement