Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Padster90s wrote: »
    MTs forecasts today and yesterday for next week seem to give some hope.

Things change
    Just over a week ago he was predicting temperatures of 28/29 degrees for this week. It is currently 13 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Padster90s

Things change
    Just over a week ago he was predicting temperatures of 28/29 degrees for this week. It is currently 13 degrees
    It doesn't feel 13. Sitting here beside the radiator with the heating on full blast. Had 2 layers and a heavy jacket on this morning and it was still cold.
    Christ, tomorrow is July 1st. If there is another two weeks like this into mid July with no signs of an upturn thats Summer wrote off (in my book anyway). Sorry for being a Debbie downer!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Things change

Who said things didn't change?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭armabelle

Things change

That is why I predict showers, clouds, lower temperatures for the rest of time in Ireland. That way I can make sure I am not wrong so often.

It doesn't feel 13. Sitting here beside the radiator with the heating on full blast. Had 2 layers and a heavy jacket on this morning and it was still cold.
    Christ, tomorrow is July 1st. If there is another two weeks like this into mid July with no signs of an upturn thats Summer wrote off (in my book anyway). Sorry for being a Debbie downer!

Disappointment is hard. We should not be hopeful in general in my opinion

• Advertisement

armabelle wrote: »
    Disappointment is hard. We should not be hopeful in general in my opinion
    To even have the expected averages for the time of year would be nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm actually cold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Miserable day dull gloomy cold. After a week out of the country it's a real come down. Feels like march out there. It's too early to write the summer off yet but things would want to be turning soon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Dank day here in Kerry, don't have temp readings but I'd say about 13-14C only.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Some morning in Galway City, lashing rain since around 10am still coming down but lighter ,temp is 13 degrees and it does feel cool, ME this morning said there is no sign of things settling down.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

It's dreadful the weather in this country, and every summer I spend here I cling on to the idea that we might get some decent weather. It's the hope that kills you. Much like our football team.
    My only consolation is 3 weeks in Portugal and Spain in August, should get my yearly dose of Vitamin D there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Looking ahead, though there is still a chance for the nice July I was predicting, it looks like July will be cool, typical rainfall and sunny overall. Sorry :(.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Looking ahead, though there is still a chance for the nice July I was predicting, it looks like July will be cool, typical rainfall and sunny overall. Sorry :(.

Mother f**ker :mad:

Mother f**ker :mad:

Yep back to the period 2007-2012 of bad summers (2010 was an odd one out) :(:mad:. The lack of sunspots is making me think that there is going to be a below average July now as well as La Nina coming.

So if my theory above is correct, then a July similar to 2004 is expected. July 2004 btw was unremarkably wet, cool and rather sunny.

Bad forecast for the weekend showery cool rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭giveitholly

whats the weather looking like for the munster final in killarney on sunday at 2

whats the weather looking like for the munster final in killarney on sunday at 2

Patchy rain and drizzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭giveitholly

thanks sryanbruen,looks like i'll have to bring my rain jacket

Apart from the sun setting after 10pm, today might as well have been a day in early November. How I long for those 16 and 17 degrees Dec and Jan days just gone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Sheeeeit

Hope it clears up for the next couple of weekends. Spending 4 nights in Kerry from July 8th and going to a festival in Dublin July 15th.
    Weekends away and festivals are just so much better when the sun is out :)

Sheeeeit wrote: »
    Hope it clears up for the next couple of weekends. Spending 4 nights in Kerry from July 8th and going to a festival in Dublin July 15th.
    Weekends away and festivals are just so much better when the sun is out :)
    I'd lower those expectations if I were you! It's a safer bet to assume the worst and then be surprised :)

Met Eireanns forecast for next week does not make for pleasant reading...

I'd lower those expectations if I were you! It's a safer bet to assume the worst and then be surprised :)

I would always put my money on rain and misery in Ireland. It really is the safer bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Thunderstorms forecast today, mainly in the West to begin with. A blustery morning here in castlebar,cool to at 10 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

It looks like we are starting into a hybrid month as coined by Ryan Turbridy, Julember.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

We had tremendous amounts of sunshine in May and most of June in Sligo

Wer usually punished for something like that with 3 months of floods so prob late September again!

Seriously though there may be a A nice day next Tuesday or Wednesday then rain again

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭alentejo

I think July and August are the most disappointing months of the year. I can handle Irish weather for the other 10 months, but July and August just seem to disappoint a little more. Its like a kind of mini monsoon season which appears to pass come September.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Munstermac

I take it the fine weather which was confidently predicted towards the end of June has evaporated.

• Advertisement

Munstermac wrote: »
    I take it the fine weather which was confidently predicted towards the end of June has evaporated.

Yeah and now has transported to the second half of July :D:pac::P.

Advertisement