Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭armabelle

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Well you're not a Campbell-Stokes recorder :P.

no, I am just a human looking for some sunshine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

armabelle wrote: »
    no, I am just a human looking for some sunshine :(

We know well by this stage by god!

Seriously, you know the weathers not going to get better? How about stop complaining everytime a cloud arrives?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Met Éireann say Saturday could have temperatures of 23 or 24c in any sunshine :P:pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Met Éireann say Saturday could have temperatures of 23 or 24c in any sunshine :P:pac:.

Even Thursday is up to 22c!

Carnacalla wrote: »
    We know well by this stage by god!

Seriously, you know the weathers not going to get better? How about stop complaining everytime a cloud arrives?

But in Ireland I thought we were all entitled to complaining about the weather? Surely it is impossible not to?

• Advertisement

But in Ireland I thought we were all entitled to complaining about the weather? Surely it is impossible not to?

Yeah we complain about the lack of extremes, not cloud in the sky. Like even in our record-breaking or most remarkable months weather wise, we do not break any world weather records. And how rare is a record-breaking month? Well...

December 2015
    February 2014
    July 2013
    June 2012
    April 2011 (not as record breaking as the other ones mentioned)
    December 2010
    November 2009
    August 2008

On average, there is one such month per year BUT then again, in contrast, to all the other countries' extremes, ours aren't nearly as extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Will you tell us what them months were records breaking for?
    I can guess some of them but can not figure out april 2011 ,nov 09 or aug 08 maybe rainfall

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 219 ✭✭JinkyJackson

cute geoge wrote:
    Will you tell us what them months were records breaking for? I can guess some of them but can not figure out april 2011 ,nov 09 or aug 08 maybe rainfall

Nov 09 was the wettest month I can ever remember anyway. Aug 08 probably the wettest august too

cute geoge wrote: »
    Will you tell us what them months were records breaking for?
    I can guess some of them but can not figure out april 2011 ,nov 09 or aug 08 maybe rainfall

Here you go

December 2015: Wettest December AND month on record. Warmest December on record.

February 2014: Wettest February on record.

July 2013: Warmest July on record. Sunniest month on record in places.

June 2012: Wettest June on record. Equal-dullest June on record.

April 2011: Warmest April on record.

December 2010: Coldest December on record and month on record in places. Sunniest December on record in places. Driest December on record in places.

November 2009: Previous wettest month on record before December 2015 came along. Wettest November on record though still.

August 2008: Wettest August on record. Dullest August on record.

April 2015 could also be considered because it was the sunniest April on record. For these records, I'm talking about Ireland as a whole btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Dark gloomy evening.

• Advertisement

Dark gloomy evening.

Sure it is, but it's nice here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭OldRio

Rain this morning followed by showers followed by rain now. Warm but my God it's wet.

OldRio wrote: »
    Rain this morning followed by showers followed by rain now. Warm but my God it's wet.

Not a single drop of rain here all day, just cloudy, muggy and dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

OldRio wrote: »
    We had a great month of May here in the NW so I guess we're paying the price now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

ronnie3585 wrote: »

So this low I was predicting for Friday on Sunday is going to be a hurricane? Yawn...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

So this low I was predicting for Friday on Sunday is going to be a hurricane? Yawn...

Hurricane force.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Hurricane force winds it says but it isn't a hurricane. The fax charts always have a symbol for an ex hurricane that looks something like this §
    Whatever it is its not a pretty sight for mid-summer!
    brack0.gif

I think the best description to describe this Summer is that it has been very changeable, even more so than usual if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

This is the worst summer since last year and the one before that

• Advertisement

Dark gloomy evening.

Dark gloomy morning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

MT weather for next week reads like December or January, Storm! !!!!!

I think the best description to describe this Summer is that it has been very changeable, even more so than usual if you ask me.

What do you mean by "changeable"?

sryanbruen wrote:

What's been changeable about it?

It's been very consistent for the last month, Cloudy, odd shower but mostly dry, temps between 14-17.

What do you mean by "changeable"?

No day has been the same (except during that warm, sunny and dry spell in June). Like one day it's sunny and warm, the next day it's cloudy and cool.

What's been changeable about it?

It's been very consistent for the last month, Cloudy, odd shower but mostly dry, temps between 14-17.

I haven't a clue what you're talking about, my weather has been never the same since June 4th for everyday.

sryanbruen wrote:
    I haven't a clue what you're talking about, my weather has been never the same since June 4th for everyday.

What you mean hasnt been the same? A rise or drop of a degree or two? It hasn't been changeable anyway, its been very consistent for the last month. I'd be surprised if anyone else thinks it has been "changeable"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Is there any sign of any settled (dry) weather coming in next few weeks?..as ye can prob see from my username,am a farmer:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Land soaking from all the rain.

• Advertisement

What you mean hasnt been the same? A rise or drop of a degree or two? It hasn't been changeable anyway, its been very consistent for the last month. I'd be surprised if anyone else thinks it has been "changeable"

Yeah the words of BBC forecaster, Matt Taylor: "John Hammond will have more for you tomorrow on our very changeable Summer so far". Any weather type... not just the temperature. Do I seriously have to name all my weather since June 5th (I hope I don't) to prove.

Advertisement