Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a definitely feel of autumn/winter all next week. The next 3 days will be mild, even warm in places and some showers, its the best we can expect for a while.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 219 ✭✭JinkyJackson

sryanbruen wrote:
    Yeah the words of BBC forecaster, Matt Taylor: "John Hammond will have more for you tomorrow on our very changeable Summer so far". Any weather type... not just the temperature. Do I seriously have to name all my weather since June 5th (I hope I don't) to prove.

You don't have to, but it would be interesting to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

You don't have to, but it would be interesting to look at.

Well here's a graph of my maximum temperatures and daily rainfall for each day since June 1st. This graph shows that the weather has been very changeable since the start of June, look at the temperatures in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

beautiful afternoon in East galway
    has turned very warm too

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

km79 wrote: »
    beautiful afternoon in East galway
    has turned very warm too

Ditto in Dublin too. 21.9c atm in Dublin 16.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Proper summer weather today, currently 23.3C.
    Maybe it might turn into warmest day this year so far??? For my location has 23.5C to break.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Amazing day in west Clare, unexpected too, especially reading this thread up to today.

Very warm in the sun, sorry I didn't wear shorts!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Slieve Gullion

A scorching day in Limerick city 25C+.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

dark and gloomy all day cork city

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

fantastic day here today after a very gloomy start. Saturday looks like being the warmest day, cools down fast from Sunday onward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Only got up to 16.2C in Castlebar, coupled with some drizzle as well, gone be the stretch of lovely days we had in May, over two weeks with no rain and most in the low 20s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

According to the forecast after the Six One news we can look forward to "extreme" rain over the weekend whatever that means.

nc6000 wrote: »
    According to the forecast after the Six One news we can look forward to "extreme" rain over the weekend whatever that means.

Not even close to that level of rainfall, it will be very normal Irish rainfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Is there any sign of any settled (dry) weather coming in next few weeks?..as ye can prob see from my username,am a farmer:)

Bumping this post,thanks for any replies from regular posters here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Not even close to that level of rainfall, it will be very normal Irish rainfall.

What will tomorrow (Saturday) be like in Galway from 11am-1pm? I have training scheduled for young kids.

What will tomorrow (Saturday) be like in Galway from 11am-1pm? I have training scheduled for young kids.

Quite wet and even if the rain (extreme? :pac::pac: no no) clears, there will be thundery showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭liamtimdusty

BBQ Planned for tomorrow in Cork counting on the weather (too many people invited for it to be inside)
    What are my odds on no rain?

BBQ Planned for tomorrow in Cork counting on the weather (too many people invited for it to be inside)
    What are my odds on no rain?

0/10

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭liamtimdusty

0/10

Oh no.
    Any idea of how the weather will progress through the day?

Oh no.
    Any idea of how the weather will progress through the day?

Heavy rain during the morning as will tonight or late afternoon and evening then showers and sunny spells during the remainder of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Munstermac

Bumping this post,thanks for any replies from regular posters here.

Complete amateur here but from all the charts I've seen today the only chance of good weather in the near future is from next Thursday till Sunday.

Other than that everything else looks s#*t right up to 24th July.

Also Met Eireann have pointedly finished their forecast at next Wednesday which in my book usually means they bidding their time beyond that point as they don't want to get peoples hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

This month is like groundhog day in Sligo

Misty murky mornings
    Sun comes out for 10 or 15 minutes
    Then showers on and off and mostly cloudy.

Soon Met Eireann will be rudundant

Their website will just say...the same as yesterday

I'm up to 42 hours of sunshine so far this July....? I seriously have me own micro climate. This same time last year, I was only up to 19 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

no rainfall warning for the morning ?
    prob the usual stunt issue it after most has fallen and backdate the time

I'm up to 42 hours of sunshine so far this July....? I seriously have me own micro climate. This same time last year, I was only up to 19 hours.

defo just you! apart from yesterday, this month has been wall to wall cloud and mostly cool and wet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Absolutely pissing rain here in Galway for the last few hours. Depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭OldRio

Raining stair rods here in Leitrim. The land is so bloody wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Strange, its like winter, except it's actually warm! 21c here in West Clare! Sun was out a while ago!

Dublin Airport currently has a wind of 19kts, a broken clouds and a temperature of 22c! Lanzarote anyone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Yeah it's very "close" here in Galway. Had to strip down to shorts and t shirt even though looks like Armageddon outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Almost clear skies here, feeling very warm, currently 23.6 C. Wicklow fohn in full effect today.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement