Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Padster90s

Looks terrible outside but its actually nice when you go out! Lovely very warm breeze out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It got up to 22.5C in Castlebar today, but as others have mentioned you would not think it if you looked out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Everyone prob has their own favourites but what forecast would ye rate as most accurate on consistent basis?

I like yr weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Everyone prob has their own favourites but what forecast would ye rate as most accurate on consistent basis?

I like yr weather.

Irish Weather Online also known as M.T. Cranium's daily forecasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Met Eireann.

You cannot put a daily definition of a forecast and accuracy together.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

today was horrendous despite the mild temperatures, monsoon style showers, several of them, water logging in garden.

So far this July is even worse than last year's July at this location.

Gonzo wrote: »
    today was horrendous despite the mild temperatures, monsoon style showers, several of them, water logging in garden.

So far this July is even worse than last year's July at this location.

No July can beat how horrible 2002, 2012 and 2015 were at here. And apart from morning rain, it was a lovely day here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sryanbruen wrote: »
    No July can beat how horrible 2002, 2012 and 2015 were at here. And apart from morning rain, it was a lovely day here.

between 4pm and 8pm this evening was horrendous here, a narrow train of intense downpours stretched from County Offaly, north Kildare, south-east Meath to about Drogheda and into the Irish sea. I had quite a few reports of blue skies and warm sunshine over Dublin city today, it was a very different scene here yet not far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

I did like the little quote at the end of the 2130 forecast on Rte 1 from Joanna Donnelly "and the forecast for the rest of the week, i'll spin it around here, showers with sunshine"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Beautiful day here in Naas after Heavy Rain. Felt tropical in the sunshine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

I like yr weather.

Irish Weather Online also known as M.T. Cranium's daily forecasts.

Thanks,is there any sign of a high pressure coming up to see us in next fortnight?...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

why do we get crap weather in this country?

location location location???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

What is with the high winds and heavy gusts over the past 3 days. The temperature is 17-23 degrees and very clammy, have to leave the windows open but the gusts of wind are wrecking the house and slamming doors constantly. Very odd summer weather.

July hasn't been this windy since 1988.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

It's like October plus 5 degrees. Blustery dark cloudy. Irish summers on average are rubbish and by god this is a very average summer😮

It's like October plus 5 degrees. Blustery dark cloudy. Irish summers on average are rubbish and by god this is a very average summer😮

It is very average much like Spring.

Thanks,is there any sign of a high pressure coming up to see us in next fortnight?...

Nope, afraid not. It will not be wet all the time though. There's always those exceptions when it comes to rain or showers here in Ireland.

Quite a wet day yesterday!

Roches Point: 30.0mm
    Sherkin Island: 29.8mm
    Cork Airport: 20.0mm
    Belmullet: 15.1mm
    Athenry: 15.0mm
    Moore Park: 14.4mm
    Mullingar: 13.4mm
    Johnstown Castle: 12.9mm
    Mt. Dillon: 11.6mm
    Valentia Observatory: 11.2mm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Quite a wet day yesterday!

Roches Point: 30.0mm
    Sherkin Island: 29.8mm
    Cork Airport: 20.0mm
    Belmullet: 15.1mm
    Athenry: 15.0mm
    Moore Park: 14.4mm
    Mullingar: 13.4mm
    Johnstown Castle: 12.9mm
    Mt. Dillon: 11.6mm
    Valentia Observatory: 11.2mm

Hi. Just wondering how is this measured.
    So there was 30mm for Roches point, does that mean in a 24 hour period, 30mm of rain fell in to a tray or something. Never really understood this.

Hi. Just wondering how is this measured.
    So there was 30mm for Roches point, does that mean in a 24 hour period, 30mm of rain fell in to a tray or something. Never really understood this.

Yeah 24 hour period and fell into a rain gauge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Amazed by how little rain I've seen here in Dublin 7 over the last week given the amount of days it was forecast for. It's actually a pretty lovely day here at the minute, although I suspect we'll get some rain later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Today is horrible here in West Clare. Really horrible. Worst day of the summer so far. Proper winter feel.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Today is horrible here in West Clare. Really horrible. Worst day of the summer so far. Proper winter feel.

Again, the weather is lovely here at Grange :D.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Lovely day here in Dublin 16. Sunny. 20.5c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Was in Dublin earlier today, beautiful day up there. Back West now and it's back to wet and windy weather with poor visibility

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭alentejo

Dodged a bullet in Dublin today. Have the slightest mist at around 4.30pm. Seems rain dissipates upon arrival in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Absolutely sh1te in Sligo all day

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Desperately clutching at straws here !!

Getting married on 12th August, obviously want a good day for it !

How good is the CFS for picking up0 trends at a month out does anyone know ?

It is showing Jet Stream north of us and nice dry weather but I don't trust it at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I heard the forecast on radio last night at midnight and she said things were looking very good from Wednesday on, warm weather especially for the weekend, this morning its all change as she says it looks like to high wont hit us and the weekend is now showing unsettled weather. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Munstermac

Well as I suspected last week when ME's forecast abruptly ended on Wednesday it looks like things may well pick up for the latter part of this week.

From ME:

"The clearing rain [from Thursday]will introduce a much more humid and warm airmass as winds become southerly in direction for Friday and temperatures rise to the twenties. It will be mainly dry with some good spells of sunshine too although the high temperatures and increasing humidity increase the risk of showers developing and there are also likely to be sea breezes in the afternoon.

The current indications are for warm and mainly dry weather for the weekend and beyond although always with a risk of a few showers developing here and there."

So if there's farming to be done it looks like this weekend is as good a bet as any!!

Advertisement