Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sun's out here in Dublin 16....had to change into a light T-shirt! 24.3c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Met Eireann 3pm reports.... 25 degrees at Phoenix Park

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

25C here now, warmest day of the year so far. Strong wind feels like a hair dryer.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

24 degrees at home in Bangor with a dew point of 20 degrees.

Warmest day of the year and feels very humid

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Nice to see Dublin the warmest spot at the moment in Ireland and the UK. http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

24.2c atm here in Dublin 16. Was up to 25.3c earlier, with a DP of 20.2c. Had to put on shorts!

Hopefully showers on radar over the midlands will break up as I will be attending Longitude 2016 later...in my back garden!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Got up to 27.2C here earlier, a new station record. Feels positively tropical outside, currently 25.8C. SW winds here always deliver the goods.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the next week is looking quite warm at times, especially next Tuesday where we could see a 26 or 27C in one or two places, cooler after that but still around 20/21C. For eastern areas this spell could be considerably warmer than the one in May/early June were easterly winds kept the temps down several degrees over Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Temps topped out in Castlebar today at 20.9C, but we have also had nearly 10mm of rain and the humidity in the 90s most of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Absolutely torrential rain here in Naas at the moment. Out of nowhere. Still very warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

surely the warmest for 3 years! :) max today 25.8c and 24.2c now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

2014 was warmer, 27.1c on July 25th.

Got to 26.1c here (in Dublin 16) last year, on July 1st, when Mr Fohn came to visit.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Got to 26.1c here (in Dublin 16) last year, on July 1st, when Mr Fohn came to visit.

Mmmm, my highest last July was only 21.1c on the 3rd, one of the few days I recorded 20c or more last July which was my equal coldest July on record.

27 was the max here today, pretty breezy too, hottest day in four years recording here. Still unbelievably warm outside, feels like a summer holiday in the med here.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

A classic Foehn effect and models over-playing cloud cover in the warm sector today.

Murlough, Co. Down reached 25.7C. Dublin Airport maxed at 24.3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

sryanbruen wrote: »
    2014 was warmer, 27.1c on July 25th.
    Yes, yiz are right, I was thinking of July '13 but it seems I have no memory of the summers of '14 and '15 which obviously made no mark on me.

My readings today were about a degree above Dublin Airport and closer to those at the Phoenix Park even though I'm nearer to the airport but not by much geographically speaking.

Yes, yiz are right, I was thinking of July '13 but it seems I have no memory of the summers of '14 and '15 which obviously made no mark on me.

My readings today were about a degree above Dublin Airport and closer to those at the Phoenix Park even though I'm nearer to the airport but not by much geographically speaking.

I'm completely different :D, I have plenty of memories with Summer 2014. It was the Summer I got out most :pac: - much more than 2013.

Well while there may not have been completely blue skies, it was a very warm day with a max of 25.4c here, my highest so far this Summer and beating Summer 2015's max also.

Southern Britain might hit near or even at 30c on Tuesday.

Another very warm day here. Reached 23.2c so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Tempratures struggled to get over 16C today in Castlebar, thankfully though it has stayed dry for a change.

These past few days have given a huge boost to my mean temperature. I last reported it was 13.1c but now it is up to 14.0c, nearly near average.

Sun finally out here, temp a very pleasant 22C, been nice all day. hopefully the clear skies will stay tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Very dull grey and misty her all day. Warm allright at 22 degrees but no sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

A mostly quiet day. Cloudy for the most part.

Despite the weather getting warmer, sunshine has been well below average compared to the last time I reported. So far, I am at 52% of my whole July LTA sunshine which is very average but the week just gone, it was only 38% of the weekly average.

So according to the poulter index, here are Grange's best summers and where 2016 ranks in the list.

1. 2006
    2. 1995
    3. 2013
    4. 2014
    5. 2010
    11. 2016

So 2016 has been very average so far with a very warm June and a so far quite cool July with rainfall totals being fairly even but sunshine below average.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Six One weather looks promising for the next few days.

Siobhan Ryan on RTE weather just now "becoming warm or even hot with temperatures up to 27 degrees on tuesday which in turn could spark off some thundery showers"

Tuesday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

Siobhan Ryan on RTE weather just now "becoming warm or even hot with temperatures up to 27 degrees on tuesday which in turn could spark off some thundery showers"

Yeehaw, just saw that...back to the seaside!

Advertisement