Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

18C here @ 6:10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,661 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Some quite high maximums yesterday. It was the warmest day since 19 July 2013 generally.

Mt Dillon: 30.4c
    Claremorris: 28.9c
    Shannon Airport: 28.5c
    Athenry: 28.4c
    Markree: 28.1c
    Gurteen: 27.6c
    Finner Camp: 27.4c
    Knock Airport: 27.1c
    Mullingar: 27.0c
    Newport: 26.9c

But the minimums are strange, the highest minimum was only 16.2c at Gurteen? WHAT!??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Some quite high maximums yesterday. It was the warmest day since 19 July 2013 generally.

Mt Dillon: 30.4c
    Claremorris: 28.9c
    Shannon Airport: 28.5c
    Athenry: 28.4c
    Markree: 28.1c
    Gurteen: 27.6c
    Finner Camp: 27.4c
    Knock Airport: 27.1c
    Mullingar: 27.0c
    Newport: 26.9c

But the minimums are strange, the highest minimum was only 16.2c at Gurteen? WHAT!??

is there a website where one can view all the temps, had a look at met.ie, but it only lists the stations and where they are, does not give the readings.

is there a website where one can view all the temps, had a look at met.ie, but it only lists the stations and where they are, does not give the readings.

http://www.met.ie/latest/yesterday.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

so was THAT it????
    2 days of summer
    cries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

km79 wrote: »
    so was THAT it????
    2 days of summer
    cries

May and early June were great also.
    We still have August and the usual good weather when the kids go back to school in September.

so was THAT it????
    2 days of summer
    cries

What were you expecting tbh? :cool::P:pac:confused:

LEIN wrote: »
    May and early June were great also.
    We still have August and the usual good weather when the kids go back to school in September.

And... early September 2015 was not good so more than likely, we'll get a good back to school week this year with weather.

Padster90s wrote: »
    That is probably going to be the best day of the year :)

Oh it was!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Still warm/humid here this morning in Dublin 16. 21.5c atm. Partly/mostly cloudy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Still warm/humid here this morning in Dublin 16. 21.5c atm. Partly/mostly cloudy.

The east looks like holding onto 21C for the next 4 to 5 days which is fine by me! Last thing we want is temperatures struggling in the mid teens all week with rain bashing off the window.

Looking ahead, though there is still a chance for the nice July I was predicting, it looks like July will be cool, typical rainfall and sunny overall. Sorry :(.

Not here at my station anyway because this warm spell helped make it very warm now whilst rainfall has been typical and so has sunshine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sun starting to make an appearance again, back to 21C already.

so was THAT it????
    2 days of summer
    cries

hhhmmmm apart from the breeze it's actually quite pleasant today and ya can work outside comfortably in it
    I'll take that for a while so . Without the breeze :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

so was THAT it????
    2 days of summer
    cries

We had over a week of lovely weather in early June right? Did you make the most of it? :)

We had over a week of lovely weather in early June right? Did you make the most of it? :)

I sure did and then was in Spain for 2 weeks so I guess I was spoilt in June :D

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

29.3C here in Eastern England but a decent breeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

I know I might be shot for this but was all of May really that good? Was in Kerry for long weekend at start of month it was poor birthday in May miserable and wet and then Tipp v Cork game in May 22 monsoon rain. End of month was lovely allright.

I know I might be shot for this but was all of May really that good? Was in Kerry for long weekend at start of month it was poor birthday in May miserable and wet and then Tipp v Cork game in May 22 monsoon rain. End of month was lovely allright.

YES!!! May was really good and has been the best month this year so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

YES!!! May was really good and has been the best month this year so far.

Thanks Syran I'll take your word for it. I can vouch for the last week absolutely but don't remember it being very good before that especially.

• Advertisement

Thanks Syran I'll take your word for it. I can vouch for the last week absolutely but don't remember it being very good before that especially.

Again I say 13 May - BEST SPORTS DAY EVER all because of the weather.

See these maximums and how much sunshine I recorded during the period 12th-17th of May

12th: 22.4c, 10.5 hours
    13th: 20.2c, 15.3 hours
    14th: 18.1c, 14.2 hours
    15th: 15.5c, 14.1 hours
    16th: 15.7c, 12.4 hours
    17th: 19.5c, 6.6 hours

The 24th was a lovely day also: 15.8c, 13.4 hours

Some days had not really high temperatures but in the sunshine, it was perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭pauldry

Theres plenty of scope for good weather now that we get 21c in November and 16c at night in December

pauldry wrote: »
    Theres plenty of scope for good weather now that we get 21c in November and 16c at night in December

Yeah but 16c in December is not good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭giveitholly

What is the weather looking like in dublin for this coming saturday?Think of heading to the zoo

What is the weather looking like in dublin for this coming saturday?Think of heading to the zoo

Dry to start but rain will probably reach Dublin by the evening or afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Dry to start but rain will probably reach Dublin by the evening or afternoon.

thanks sryanbruen,will prob head first thing in the morning so

pauldry wrote: »
    Theres plenty of scope for good weather now that we get 21c in November and 13c during day early July

just thought I'd twist stuff and make things kinda realistic!

Gonzo wrote: »
    just thought I'd twist stuff and make things kinda realistic!

The ONLY TIME I recorded 13c or less during early July (1st 9 days in my definition) was back in 1997. Not even 2012 recorded such low temperatures at that point in the month even though it certainly felt like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 andrioolis

Hi, planning holidays in most expensive country - Ireland on the first week of August, is there any indications of good weather for this time? went through couple threads briefly and haven't seen anything for this time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 andrioolis

ups saw this post in daily forecast: "OUTLOOK ... Continued rather unsettled and slightly on the cool side most of next week. Another warm spell could follow in early August though. " fingers crossed it's gonna be sunny in Wexford!!!

Advertisement