Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Knock Airport recorded only 3.4 hours of sunshine from July 21st - 27th? Genie mac, that is extremely low.

I'd believe it
    finally seen some sun today after a small bit yday and none for literally a full week before that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

km79 wrote: »
    I'd believe it
    finally seen some sun today after a small bit yday and none for literally a full week before that

Even though it's been a very dull week, I still have recorded at least 21 hours of sunshine.

So how does July 2016 compare sunshine wise with previous Julys here?

2016: 141 hours (up to the 28th)
    2015: 110 hours
    2014: 251 hours (Yes I'm being dead serious here.... I don't know how any other station didn't come even close to my figure here)
    2013: 273 hours
    2012: 126 hours
    2011: 206 hours
    2010: 145 hours
    2009: 197 hours
    2008: 134 hours
    2007: 172 hours
    2006: 276 hours

Whether they were dull or sunny are denoted by the colour (Orange being sunnier than the LTA, grey being duller than the LTA).

So if today, Saturday and Sunday end up being quite sunny and it looks like they are / will be, July 2016 will actually be the sunniest of the dullest and if I get a lot of sunshine, it could easily end up being sunnier than the LTA which is 165 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Certainly in Sligo the 3.4hrs would apply

People in the East dont realise it mists here so much in july meaning lowish rain but wet days

One July it misted here for 11 days with just a few sunny spells

After some days of full sun in may june i had to run out of the shadows when sun was out today

Love the way met eireann say light isolated ahowers

Light they may be but they soak u...that one now just did

pauldry wrote: »
    Certainly in Sligo the 3.4hrs would apply

People in the East dont realise it mists here so much in july meaning lowish rain but wet days

One July it misted here for 11 days with just a few sunny spells

After some days of full sun in may june i had to run out of the shadows when sun was out today

Love the way met eireann say light isolated ahowers

Light they may be but they soak u...that one now just did

Was that "One July" July 2011?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Knocks tally I'm sure is not that different to a lot of areas syran. It really has been dull and gloomy for lots of us.

• Advertisement

Knocks tally I'm sure is not that different to a lot of areas syran. It really has been dull and gloomy for lots of us.

Well according to the sunshine stations on the Agricultural reports on the Met site, Knock Airport is the only one below 10 hours of sunshine for the week just gone.

Even though it's been dull for many (literally everyone though), can we all agree that it's all better than last year when it was dull AND wet throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

lovely lunch time here in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Even though it's been dull for many (literally everyone though), can we all agree that it's all better than last year when it was dull AND wet throughout.

last year passed by in a haze of gloom and chill

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

...AND cold ! This year at least has a bit of heat in it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Heavy in Dublin - Plenty of clouds but the rain's a holding off

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭alentejo

The battle between blue sky and big dark clouds currently being played out in Dublin 6w. The dark clouds are winning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

Nice day today. Sea getting warmer now. August and September best for sea swimming.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Much better day here in kerry, brighter and got up to 19.7C and feeling much fresher in the lower Humidity.

oREcL39.jpg?1

Killarney Lakes today

hRBwJvk.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

km79 wrote: »
    I'd believe it

Sun came out for about 3 seconds here today. Dull throughout and has been dull the last week at least with no sunshine whatsoever. Fairly dry though with not much rain so pleasant enough.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

In dungarvan there was thick cloud with no breaks until 7pm, then it was sunny for the last two hour. I hope for some good weather for the rest of the weekend, although monday still looks like a hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Padster90s

Dry and sunny but nippy, I'll gladly take it at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Cloudy and bright here, nice start to the weekend. :)

It's cloudy here bit of a breeze and fresh. It's average I guess but it's very meh tbh. Disappointing and predictable end to an average month.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭alentejo

Not much rain in july however seems a veryq dull month. Dark clouds

• Advertisement

It has been a dry and cloudy day here so far but it is pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭embraer170

Definitely not summer weather in mid-Kerry. Cloudy and quite chilly.

Sure it's been dull but then again I say, it hasn't been wet. Cloudy and dry weather is perfect if you ask me unless it is Winter - when it's awful because in Winter, I want sunny and dry weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Sure it's been dull but then again I say, it hasn't been wet. Cloudy and dry weather is perfect if you ask me unless it is Winter - when it's awful because in Winter, I want sunny and dry weather.

It hasn't been wet for you
    It has been for many others

Cloudy and dry weather is not perfect for all of us either. I'd imagine the majority of people would like some more sunshine at this time of year. It's been sadly lacking this month for most of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Lovely day here again,got to 20.3 earlier hovering around 19.5 now
    Mostly bright but cloudy with sunny spells
    Got above 20 late yesterday afternoon too here
    Basically a land westerly even north westerly because of all the land it travels is good for this part of the east
    The lee of the hills helps too
    Basically if I had a caravan or mobile home on one of the sites in Ballymoney Courtown or Arklow this July I would have no complaints at all

Cloudy and dry weather is not perfect for all of us either. I'd imagine the majority of people would like some more sunshine at this time of year. It's been sadly lacking this month for most of us.

I don't like sunshine at this time of year because it is too warm. I much prefer extreme cold than extreme warmth.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Sunny evening after a mostly dull day, feeling cool.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Monday and a lot of Tuesday looking rubbish.

• Advertisement

Raining her currently this was not what I expected.

Advertisement