Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

raining again, its a sh!t summer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

fryup wrote: »
    raining again, its a sh!t summer

Oh god help me.

Sherkin Island with 57.9mm yesterday still short of August 2014's downpour at Dublin. On August 2nd, 2014, I recorded 86.7mm which is 131% of my WHOLE MONTHLY LTA. So it was a remarkably wet day yesterday but still does not compare to this day and of course, August 25, 1986 as well as August 5, 1986.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Another dull, wet day in Castlebar, we have had 230mm of rain so far this summer, there really has only been 2-3 lovely days since the end of May, well we did get a spectacular thunderstorm so its not all bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

it's so very very dark :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

lawred2 wrote: »

Laugh? That codswallop is gone beyond a joke. Dull dark dank morning here but it's warm so like someone else said its better than last summer which felt colder.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

drizzle on and off here all night and early morning, still doesn't really qualify as proper rain - nearly a month now since we've had a decent soaking tho I'm not complaining. Feeling warm today despite the unsettled conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Fairly good day here in County Waterford, sun in and out and very warm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

I have a suggestion, it's probably been said before and then people miss it, don't see it, forget it. Some people have usernames to suggest where they are, others say where they are, others are familiar with where people are, then others don't say where they are and you have no idea where they are. Then some people have their location under their username.

Could People just start every post with where they are, doesn't take long etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

I have a suggestion, it's probably been said before and then people miss it, don't see it, forget it. Some people have usernames to suggest where they are, others say where they are, others are familiar with where people are, then others don't say where they are and you have no idea where they are. Then some people have their location under their username.

Great idea.

Lovely in Galway now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Someone go tell this chart to come back in 4 months time! :rolleyes:
    ECM1-216_chl4.GIF

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Someone go tell this chart to come back in 4 months time! :rolleyes:
    ECM1-216_chl4.GIF

CHART come back in 4 months time and we'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭odyboody

Good idea as I have no idea where you are :rolleyes:
    your location isn't filled in and nothing in your post to give us a clue, If you were trying to give an example of what you were talking about you have done a good job;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

odyboody wrote: »
    your location isn't filled in and nothing in your post to give us a clue, If you were trying to give an example of what you were talking about you have done a good job;)

Wouldn't matter anyway, as the new Boards beta site doesn't display that info.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Brightening up nicely in Castlebar, warm and humid 18 degrees, dew point 16 degrees, light to moderate westerly. 1005-steady.

Today is pretty much a repeat of every day since Saturday here at Grange, overcast and dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

MJohnston wrote: »
    Wouldn't matter anyway, as the new Boards beta site doesn't display that info.

Nor does the mobile app, which many users especially nowdays use.

Big failing by boards, but users who use PC should appreciate this.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Nor does the mobile app, which many users especially nowdays use.

Big failing by boards, but users who use PC should appreciate this.

Where's the weather chat gone? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Warm here but im not in Sligo this week. In

• Advertisement

I see the indo are running with some tempatures set to soar story. Sorry can't link it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

What a turnabout! - November like gloom earlier, now sipping a cold beer in the garden in the sunshine. :) 21.7c

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

odyboody wrote: »

Sure I'm not talking about the weather at my location in the above post, I'm just saying how to do it if you are gong on about the weather. but if you want me to give an example of the basicness I'm talking about, here you go :

Oranmore, Galway: misting most of the day, dull, dreary, feels cold. Depressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Max of 23.1c today and it felt oppressive humidity wise

Raining again here very gloomy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Raining again here very gloomy

That's mad!
    Still 19.5 c here in Arklow with the sun out at 8pm in the evening!

ArKl0w wrote: »
    That's mad!
    Still 19.5 c here in Arklow with the sun out at 8pm in the evening!

I don't doubt ya for a second but I can only tell you what's the weather like here in Munster this summer and it's been average!! July had 2 proper summer hot days and one of theme changed by 6pm on the second day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Dead heat here in Kildare. Very humid. 21c

pad199207 wrote: »
    Dead heat here in Kildare. Very humid. 21c

Same here at Grange with a max of 21.9c at 19:00.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Torrential Rain here in Kildare. Very tropical rain

Advertisement