Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

VERY pleasant in east Galway
    Warm out and escaped all the showers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

km79 wrote: »
    VERY pleasant in east Galway
    Warm out and escaped all the showers :)

I'm happy for ya :p.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I'm happy for ya :p.
    Not as happy as I am ! I've a load of outdoor work to catch up on next week
    I'll be on the east coast Saturday so expect gloom ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

The latest GFS runs appear to be running quite warm again after the cool spell next week, back up into the 20s for a good portion of the run after Friday 12th (the run ends on the 20th but the warm spell looks set to continue beyond that too). This is not meant to be a forecast, I'm just commenting on what this one global model is showing. A few days ago it wasn't so bullish on the return to warmth (meaning the warmth of this coming weekend). So perhaps August does have some promise.

The latest GFS runs appear to be running quite warm again after the cool spell next week, back up into the 20s for a good portion of the run after Friday 12th (the run ends on the 20th but the warm spell looks set to continue beyond that too). This is not meant to be a forecast, I'm just commenting on what this one global model is showing. A few days ago it wasn't so bullish on the return to warmth (meaning the warmth of this coming weekend). So perhaps August does have some promise.

So this high pressure that I was talking about will change the wind direction from a northerly to a southerly or something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Pleasant 29C here in praia da lagoa de Albufeira.
    I'm currently sitting on the beach situated on a lagoon at the seaside.

Obviously it's only the first few days but my mean temperature is already 16.6c which is +2.8c above the LTA and in comparison, is already my third warmest August on record behind only 1995 and 2003.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Gonzo wrote: »
    it is surprising feeling very warm today despite most areas not seeing more than 18 or 19C, easily feels 21C outside.
    The Phoenix Park was 21c at 1500.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

The Low on Sat seems to deepen a bit more but tracking well off shore. Going to be fresh enough on coasts along the W , NW and N for a time, possibly yellow warning.

8052YgT.gif?1

oDgd2Uw.png?1SJXa0LB.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Dry bright evening in Castlebar with little or no wind making it feel very pleasant , 15 degrees currently, 1016-rising slowly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

7 day running sunshine totals (based on mean of met eireann stations that report sunshine) since May 1st up to Aug 3rd (yesterday)

393538.PNG

As can be seen, apart from the early part of June, this summer has been mostly duller than normal up to this point. Can't speak for other parts of the country, but it has been extraordinarily dull in east Galway for the best part of a month. Today not so bad though, at least the sun fleeted in and out at times.

Source of data: http://www.met.ie/default.asp

New Moon

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    7 day running sunshine totals (based on mean of met eireann stations that report sunshine) since May 1st up to Aug 3rd (yesterday)

393538.PNG

As can be seen, apart from the early part of June, this summer has been mostly duller than normal up to this point. Can't speak for other parts of the country, but it has been extraordinarily dull in east Galway for the best part of a month. Today not so bad though, at least the sun fleeted in and out at times.

Source of data: http://www.met.ie/default.asp

That's what I've been saying alright ........SO DULL AND DREARY
    Not an average July for us

The Met Office is not speaking at all of a warm spell happening this August that you all think will happen, in fact they're saying changeable weather conditions throughout with below average temperatures.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Just looking a bit further out at the charts and it would suggest some better weather possible especially for the S and W with warmer and brighter weather at times. The Jet is showing signs of moving more North letting high pressure drift in from the S and W.

H3UyVyq.png?1

6d9a2fb.gif?1

hoNoxm7.png?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Meanwhile
    21.3c this lunchtime
    I think I might invest in a caravan park here for next summer:D

Lovely in east galway until lunch time
    Gone cloudy now as a band of light rain / mist skirts to the south of us

km79 wrote: »
    Lovely in east galway until lunch time
    Gone cloudy now as a band of light rain / mist skirts to the south of us

Heavy drizzle
    Jesus cane we not get ONE dry day

Lovely day here, not a lot of sunshine but a pleasant amount of it with a max of 22.3c here.

Where's the 25c gone now? ;) It's 23c now.

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/#

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

]

Yup they had 26c forecast on wednesday.

Theyl never learn but who knows could be 26c in Southeast while we in Sligo get soaked in our 19c n gales.

Sure has been a hot Summer in Sligo

19c n gales or rain every day of July August 2016
    14c n gales or rain every day of July August 2015

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Where's the 25c gone now? ;) It's 23c now.

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/#

Lols

pauldry wrote: »
    ]

Yup they had 26c forecast on wednesday.

Theyl never learn but who knows could be 26c in Southeast while we in Sligo get soaked in our 19c n gales.

Sure has been a hot Summer in Sligo

19c n gales or rain every day of July August 2016
    14c n gales or rain every day of July August 2015

I feel your pain I really do. Lovely evening here after another dull day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Gorgeous morning here,already 19.6c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

ArKl0w wrote: »
    Gorgeous morning here,already 19.6c
    Went to bed last night with 25C showing. High 20's now with the beach being the order of the day.

High 20s where now?

Temperature rising here nicely near Tralee, now at 20.9C as the wind rises.

RH 78%

More cloud about since early morning, 5/8, nice cloud streets earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

High 20s where now?

Lisbon

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Rocko

So much for great weather today....

Horrible misty & light rain all morning here in West Cork

22.6C here near Tralee and feeling warm in good sunshine. Windy.

I see tomorrow could be windier then today especially from the afternoon on for much of the country.

• Advertisement

Plenty of cloud with hazy sunshine here at Grange. A max of 19.9c so far.

Advertisement