Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

So this is what sunshine feels like it's been so long :)
    In in Dublin today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Dull and overcast so far in Castlebar, 18.1C.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Something that I have found interesting with my statistics, has it been getting sunnier every decade?

This is my number of duller than normal months per decade

1990s: 68 / 120 months (57% of the months were dull)
    2000s: 42 / 120 months (35% of the months were dull)
    2010s so far: 19 / 79 months (24% of the months were dull)

2010s dull months so far at my station: July 2010, August 2011, October 2011, February 2012, June 2012, July 2012, October 2012, January 2013, February 2013, March 2013, August 2013, October 2013, December 2013, May 2014, May 2015, July 2015, November 2015, June 2016 and July 2016.

4 of the 7 Julys in the 2010s so far have been dull (most places have had 6 of the 7 Julys dull), we are overdue a sunny one next year (like the one I predicted to be this year).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Blackie Grey

Raining last few hours cork city was expecting some sunshine according to forecasts.Met.ie showing no rain here must be on the blink.

Normally the sun doesnt appear down here till 5pm .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

In fairness met eireann not the only ones to call this wrong and it's been on a downgrade since Thursday anyway. Systematic of this whole summer in Munster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Quite a mixed bag really. It rained earlier, followed by some pleasant sunshine. And now it's windy and overcast. It's not quite the weather that many had been expecting, I'm sure. Though, I suspected during the week that it wouldn't be as pleasant as had been forecast. Of course, the rags reported that Ireland would be hotter than Barcelona.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Fog/drizzle in west kerry ... Miserable c**t of a day

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

beautiful day here, altho was expecting warmer, hovering between 21 and 22C. 23C recorded at Phoenix Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Leaves coming off the trees here,evenings get very dark now,very windy,overcast,rain,drizzle,thoroughly miserable.

Hard to imagine the summer has been raging away on the continent.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Calibos wrote: »
    Lisbon

Sorry to be so anal but this is the Irish summer weather forum, we know it's warm and sunny in places like Portugal and Spain so updates about sunshine in Lanzarote or hot in Lisbon does not equate on an Irish weather forum . Thanks :-)

• Advertisement

SNNUS wrote: »
    Sorry to be so anal but this is the Irish summer weather forum, we know it's warm and sunny in places like Portugal and Spain so updates about sunshine in Lanzarote or hot in Lisbon does not equate on an Irish weather forum . Thanks :-)

No, only generally Irish weather is commented in this, it is not an Irish summer weather thread, it can be on any country's summer weather. Anybody in a country outside of Ireland has the right to post the conditions they have right now as the thread title states, SUMMER WEATHER 2016, I don't see Ireland in the title?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

23.4c, lovely earlier but it has turned into a very disappointing overcast day.
    23C recorded at Phoenix Park.
    my readings are usually very similar to the Phoeno.

I recorded a max of only 20.1c today, not rising far at all from 19.9c in the morning. There has been some sunny spells but they have been very hazy and it has been mostly cloudy here. That being said, still much better than what the second half of June brought.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Beautiful day here in Dublin 16 with clear blue skies...in a bit of a sun hole in the lee of the Dublin Mountains. Cloud all round. 23.4c atm. High of 25.9c earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

Beautiful day here in Eastern England. Blue sky and 25C.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Beautiful day here in Eastern England. Blue sky and 25C.

Beautiful day here in Galway glorious clouds wind and the rain has just started :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Warm and sunny here in Loughlinstown, 25C, glorious day.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Managed to reach 21.7c at 19:00 somehow at Grange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Very windy and gusty in the last hour in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Over 26 today in north Dublin. Still in the twenties now. Balmy.

• Advertisement

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Managed to reach 21.7c at 19:00 somehow at Grange.

Make that 22.4c at 19:30, what the hell :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Very windy in Castlebar now with some impressive gusts!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭secman

Was lovely down here East of Gorey up till about 1 o'clock. Then a mist rolled in not off the sea,from the west and it has been misty drizzle dunce then. Sunny southeast for ye ? :(

10pm reports Mace Head gusting 40 knots, Belmullet 37 knots. Over the other side of the country its 20 degrees in Dublin both at the Airport and Phoenix Park

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Beautiful day here in Galway glorious clouds wind and the rain has just started :cool:

Think of the lush grass! It's all dead here. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭OldRio

Think of the lush grass! It's all dead here. :(

Unfortunately the grass is to wet to cut.

11pm met reports and there really is quite a range tonight across the country, now gusting 41 knots at Belmullet, meanwhile in Dublin its still 20 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

max today 25.1c and 20.2c at the moment.
    I am beginning to think that summer '16 is coming into the "good summer" category in my location. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

today was a fantastic day, Dublin had that London style warmth today and indeed tonight, back home now and its much cooler and quite windy.

• Advertisement

It was a meh day at Grange.

Advertisement