Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I wonder how's it doing at Grange whilst I'm here in Blackpool, probably dry and overcast as it has been since forever.

High of 35c yesterday at Grange, massive electrical storm last night with heavy hail, and now, 12 inches of snow this morning, -5c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

DOCARCH wrote: »
    High of 35c yesterday at Grange, massive electrical storm last night with heavy hail, and now, 12 inches of snow this morning, -5c atm.

That's the dream :p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Strange question... would it have been possible for a very slight frost to happen last night? The neighbour's roof was a bit white looking on the side in the shade in the morning? I didn't think it was that cold, maybe just some unusual humidity / temp change?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Light showers as per met eireann

Just lashed in Sligo

We mustnt be in Ireland

Also is Sligo in Ulster?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Strange question... would it have been possible for a very slight frost to happen last night? The neighbour's roof was a bit white looking on the side in the shade in the morning? I didn't think it was that cold, maybe just some unusual humidity / temp change?

Probably just dew....don't think it was cold enough anywhere for frost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Dipped to a cool 8c in Kildare overnight

Yes it is possible. In August 2014 for instance, I recorded a minimum of -0.4c on the 23rd which is my coldest August night on record.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Breezy but nice in east Galway
    Bring on the warmth now

Very similar weather here at Blackpool today to what it was at Grange most days since mid July, dry and overcast with pretty average temperatures.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the warm spell next week seems to be downgrading slightly over Ireland with only a few days of warmth mostly in the east and then 4 much cooler days from the 17th to about the 21st, it may become warm again after that. The real heat is looking more confined to the midlands and south-east UK.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

Lovely day in Galway. Perfect for a long walk.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

was very nice here up to 30 minutes ago, now showery rain. Still between yesterday and today there has been plenty of sunshine and feeling warm in it despite the real temperature.

The warmth this weekend is completely downgraded at this stage, just high teens, nudging 20C in one or 2 areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

the warm spell next week seems to be downgrading slightly over Ireland with only a few days of warmth
    This Atlantic low seems to be heading towards Iceland rather than tracking just north of Scotland and towards Scandinavia as has been the pattern so far this summer. I think we might be in for more than a few days of warm and settled weather :)
    Of course we'll see nothing like the UK but I think I'll stock up on the charcoal anyhow.

UW144-21.GIF?09-18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Gonzo wrote: »
    was very nice here up to 30 minutes ago, now showery rain. Still between yesterday and today there has been plenty of sunshine and feeling warm in it despite the real temperature.

The warmth this weekend is completely downgraded at this stage, just high teens, nudging 20C in one or 2 areas.

Quelle Suprise!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Seriously?
    Low 20's achieved,even mid 20's in the east recently in less favourable conditions than next week?
    High teens and nudging 20 is ultra pessimistic
    Shur I got 18.3 yesterday and 17.1 today,both high teens and you're saying next week will be no different with a warmer air feed?
    Now it ain't going to be no heatwave but it will be warmer than 20 if the suns out

ArKl0w wrote: »
    Seriously?
    Low 20's achieved,even mid 20's in the east recently in less favourable conditions than next week?
    High teens and nudging 20 is ultra pessimistic
    Shur I got 18.3 yesterday and 17.1 today,both high teens and you're saying next week will be no different with a warmer air feed?
    Now it ain't going to be no heatwave but it will be warmer than 20 if the suns out

we may get low 20s in the east but the west isn't looking particularly great. It will be dry and settled but won't exactly be a heatwave.

we may get low 20s in the east but the west isn't looking particularly great.

That's fine by me! :p

remains to be seen! we're on the knife-edge of the whole thing! Hopefully an upgrade tomorrow. We could all do with proper warmth 2013/2006/1995 style! Our friends in the west and midlands have had a very average, almost sub-average summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

the warm spell next week seems to be downgrading slightly over Ireland with only a few days of warmth mostly in the east and then 4 much cooler days from the 17th to about the 21st, it may become warm again after that. The real heat is looking more confined to the midlands and south-east UK.

No surprise there everything always downgrades possible heat smowmagedans
    90% of the time it downgrades

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Our friends in the west and midlands have had a very average, almost sub-average summer.

Tell me about it, I think I've actually forgotten what dew looks like the morning after a nice clear warm day and a clear night. :pac:

• Advertisement

No surprise there everything always downgrades possible heat smowmagedans
    90% of the time it downgrades

That is actually very true.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Hey lads

Quick one for you, what do you think about rainfall for the afternoon on Friday in Wicklow ?

Cheers

Yep those are perfect temperatures for me.

Hey lads

Quick one for you, what do you think about rainfall for the afternoon on Friday in Wicklow ?

Cheers

The rainfall will not be heavy across the west on Friday and it may not even reach Wicklow by the afternoon, possibly even nightime. It might turn into a band of cloud or drizzle as the rain fizzles out because of the high pressure it's trying to turn away by then in which it will fail to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

sryanbruen wrote: »
    The rainfall will not be heavy across the west on Friday and it may not even reach Wicklow by the afternoon, possibly even nightime. It might turn into a band of cloud or drizzle as the rain fizzles out because of the high pressure it's trying to turn away by then in which it will fail to do so.

Cool cheers

Getting wed and want to have it outside, hopefully it stays away from 3 - 3.30 ! :pac:

horrible day here, constant rain although not very heavy and dark skies, haven't seen a grey wet day like this in about a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

horrible day here, constant rain although not very heavy and dark skies, haven't seen a grey wet day like this in about a month.

Enjoy :D

Wetter than the previous 54 days that hv seen rainfall

Only 12c n soaking misty drizzle

Hate when they say warm weather. It only means soaked in nw

Strange ogimet has Casement as wettest place at 4.0mm but so far in Sligo ive had 10.3mm n Markree is definitely near this too

Maybe the rains blowing in on extremity coasts worst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Today reminds me why I like warm weather.

High so far today of 12.9C.
    Currently 12.7C.

This to me is an exceptionally cold day.

Advertisement