Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^

RTE ? or all of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Well the Met Office is the closest to accurate forecasting atm with them saying average temperatures throughout the period up to early September with changeable conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

ArKl0w wrote: »
    Met Eireann do overview forecasting
    If they had a better budget,they'd deliver a more focused regional forecast,groups of counties at a time
    I'd do specific daily county forecasts if paid enough
    There are enough nuances county by county to find evidence of the mets national 'overview' forecast to be locally wrong in the eyes of people always critical of them
    We here should know better to be honest

Just quoting this for truth given posters are again showing more evidence since I posted it that people have too high an expectation of forecasting

You see,in the UK,there are more regional forecasting offices of the met office,providing specifics for areas often tied in to TV regions or local radio regions that nuance forecasting more locally
    We don't have that because we don't have either the population or the budget
    Ergo the 'it's always wrong 'is very unfair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

That last weekend was very disappointing let's call a spade a spade here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

to quote the text from yesterdays met eireann forecast on met eireann "tomorrow, Sunday will be a dry day with a good deal of cloud cover overall, best of any sunshine will be in the south" now i would be the first person to have a go a met eireann but in all fairness thats how today panned out . to quote tonights forecast in full regarding tomorrow "Monday, will be a dry day, with most of the early fog lifting quickly, but a few patches may well linger for a time, in some coastal areas, especially the southeast. A bright day overall, with broken cloud allowing some good sunny spells to develop. Warm by early afternoon, with top temperatures of 19 to 23 C., best in the western half of the country. Winds moderate southeasterly, but fresh at times along the southwest coast" lets just see how that goes. theres a certain few on here saying that the weather is rubbish here and there when in fact its just a bog standard summer. it will be always duller in the west with more cloud/drizzle in an atlantic set up. Clonmel 1000 you are the most negative person on here constantly banging on about how bad your weather is, if so, get out your stats and lets see them instead of calling a cloudy day a rubbish day, its Ireland, thats how its going to be. its no wonder Maq and a few of the others are gone and wont be back....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

That last weekend was very disappointing let's call a spade a spade here.

I was in the sea today and it was gorgeous. I love swimming in Ireland during August and September.

You should put this on your tombstone;

"I waited for perfect weather"

Well the next time you lovers for "perfect" weather will be happy is the traditional Back to School week in September, no doubt it will be warm and sunny especially as last year's was dull and cold.

What defines an above average Summer in your opinion? As long as it's dry and warm, then it's an above average Summer for me even if it's very dull. 2016 has done just this.

Yeah looking ahead to next week, it doesn't look like what we were promised with a high pressure building for another little while. With the jet stream truly over us, it is looking cool (at least in northern parts) and potentially very wet by its position it is showing here. Sorry to be the Scrooge McDuck of weather here.

hgt300.png

what that big yellow thing in the sky ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

It's a beautiful day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭OldRio

fryup wrote: »
    what that big yellow thing in the sky ?

The first time in this location for many a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

OldRio wrote: »
    The first time in this location for many a week.

gorgeous day
    make the most of it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

RTE ? or all of them?
    As far as I'm concerned it was the UKMO and NOT MetE that raised my hopes of a good second half of August. ME only goes out to 5-7 days and make it very clear that anything beyond that is uncertain, UKMO does long range which are almost always wrong! They first said pressure building over Scandinavia and then changed it to the Azores building after the mid-week breakdown.

Meanwhile this could be interesting, the worst weather will be to the south of us and I think this should be a good day for cumulonimbus watching. :)

ECM1-120.GIF?15-12

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

great day here at last after a very disappointing week and weekend. Make the most of today and tomorrow as Wednesday onward including all of next weekend is looking cool and unsettled.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Beautiful day here in Dungarvan, couldn't want much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

At last. Sunnnnnnnn

Welcome back

feck it! i'm taking a sicky tomorrow i think you should all do too

off to the beach

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Beautiful day in Castlebar with temperatures breaking 24C briefly, hands down the best day we have had since the 19th of July,

You guys have definitely not been kidding, back from Blackpool and I come home to Dublin with blue skies, couldn't be any better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Fantastic day in Galway city as well. Temp reached 24.6C just before 4pm & currently 22.2C under clear blue skies - bliss!! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Stunner of a day here near Tralee, got up to 24.2C and currently 19.8C ( first time dropped below 20C since just after 11.00 )

Still good temps out there this evening...

Rl1QPT9.png?1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

An upgrade in Temperatures, looking very warm tomorrow away from the S and E coasts

QY3oxXw.png?1

Cs4WB5m.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

What a nice day, after weeks of gloom the light levels are a bit of a shock to the system, a high of 23.6C at 17.24, still 20.8 now.

I wish it would stay around for a week or two.

What a nice day, after weeks of gloom the light levels are a bit of a shock to the system, a high of 23.6C at 17.24, still 20.8 now.

I wish it would stay around for a week or two.

Yea so bright compared to a lot of the summer, getting some kind of a clear Sat Pic is a rarity of late.

VjoW7JK.jpg?1

Low pressure systems moving up near and over us the weekend bringing blustery and wet conditions at times. Looks very windy at times from Fri right into early Tuesday.

kBOQ5pL.gif?1

4ziwvyD.png?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

sryanbruen, how does Sunday afternoon look for Galway at this point?

sryanbruen, how does Sunday afternoon look for Galway at this point?

Well at this point, Sunday is looking like the best day of this awful looking weekend to come but there still will be showers. It will be average temperatures and some sunny spells in between those showers.

I am not liking the looks of this weekend to come at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Today was fabulous !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Am in hawaii at the moment. Now that's heat !

Advertisement