Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Beautiful day yesterday and this morning is probably the best morning of the summer absolutely glorious. Such a wonderful sight after weeks of gloom.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Dublin Airport recorded 14.2 hours of sunshine yesterday, its highest for August in 6 years.

Markree and Shannon Airport managed the highest maximums yesterday with both having 23.6c and there were a lot of other close contenders.

Athenry - 23.0c
    Casement Aerodrome - 23.1c
    Claremorris - 23.2c
    Dunsany - 23.1c
    Mt. Dillon - 23.4c
    Mullingar - 23.2c
    Oak Park - 23.3c
    Phoenix Park - 23.1c

Sherkin Island recorded a max of only 18.7c and Roches Point recorded only 19.2c in contrast to these widespread 23c maxes.

Today will see the highest August maximums in 3-4 years in places but most parts in 10 years (since 2006).

Dublin Airport recorded a minimum of 6.4c yesterday whilst Phoenix Park recorded 7.7c and a range of 15.4c between the max and min, that's quite a large range.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

Beautiful day here in Clare, the Fleadh in Ennis is soaking it up.
    Happy day's

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Very warm, but a bit of thin low cloud kinda weakening the sunshine by an extent. Hopefully it will burn off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

Dark grey brutal -Cork City

The rainfall coming however will make up for the lack of very wet days since June here, I need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Se winds are a godsend to Sligo

Ill guess Markree will hit 25.8c later
    Got 23.6c yesterday
    Sligo town was 24.2c around 4pm

Wer doing well with temperatures on the warm days considering "Arklow" is getting all the sun

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

ROY RACE wrote: »
    Dark grey brutal -Cork City

Ah now, it's not that bad! Brutal?! It's overcast, yes, but still quite mild and pleasant

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Down in Cork atm and a lot of the grass around here is going brown. Soil looks quite dry as well. Hasn't rained here in quite a while it seems, very surprising considering its been very overcast over the last week or so (for the most part). You wouldn't have noticed the lack of rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

leahyl wrote: »
    Ah now, it's not that bad! Brutal?! It's overcast, yes, but still quite mild and pleasant

Yeah fairly nice day all in all, sun doesn't seem too far off either. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

only 19.3c here due to sea breeze, I'm 3 degrees cooler than the Phoenix Park and 4 cooler than Casement.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

only 19.3c here due to sea breeze, I'm 3 degrees cooler than the Phoenix Park and 4 cooler than Casement.

23.0c here in Dublin 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

25c here in Kildare now. Beautiful

23.6c now at Grange, strong sunshine yet quite widespread cirrus clouds still.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Recent max of 25.2c on the AWS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Overcast now in west mayo,dark grey clouds rolling in,warm breeze blowing,thundery rain forecast for later...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Breezy with unbroken sunshine all day here, continuing now into a grand evening

Altocumulus Castellanus all around here now

ME report:
    DUBLIN AIRPORT SE 16 DUST HAZE 21 59 0.0 1015
    never heard that before .... :confused:

• Advertisement

ME report:

never heard that before .... :confused:

Probably the smoke from bray head in the SEly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

pad199207 wrote: »
    Altocumulus Castellanus all around here now

Yup same here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Max of 26.3C in Galway city recorded at 16:24hrs
    Currently 24.0C and beginning to cloud over

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

ArKl0w wrote: »
    Yup same here

And here too...
    22.1c atm in Dublin 16. High of 23.4c.

pad199207 wrote: »
    Probably the smoke from bray head in the SEly
    Yes, I can see the brown smoke blowing across the bay towards north Dublin.
    Only 19.6c here, I couldn't even manage a 20 today!

Yes, I can see the brown smoke blowing across the bay towards north Dublin.

So can I in northeast Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It got up to 25.8C in Castlebar today, clouds have started rolling in since 5 though but it is still around 23C, would love a repeat of the light show we got on the 19th, but that looks highly unlikely.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

fantastic 2 days here, 23C yesterday and 25C today. All downhill from tomorrow, however it looks to stay reasonably mild, warm at times especially in the east and south-east.

Already signs of high pressure building for first week of September.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Great couple of days here near Tralee with a max of 24.2C both days. Clouding over more now and getting darker, rain skirting up along the coast but nothing here yet. HIRLAM prediction of rainfall accumulation by 12.00 tomorrow, rain slow to move Eastwards.

zkixqvl.png?1

• Advertisement

Yeah, Met Éireann said that there is spot flooding likely on roads in the west tonight giving very poor driving conditions.

Advertisement