Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Wet and windy for sure on Fri and Sat . These models are 3 and 4 days out so bound to change a bit one way or another. Still it will shake a few leaves off the trees.

G6D7lVB.gif?1

jyyyQBk.gif?1

ykEswDj.gif?1

I7SS5ij.gif?1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Wet and windy for sure on Fri and Sat . These models are 3 and 4 days out so bound to change a bit one way or another. Still it will shake a few leaves off the trees.

G6D7lVB.gif?1

jyyyQBk.gif?1

ykEswDj.gif?1

I7SS5ij.gif?1

I didn't realise there were that many lows coming in the Atlantic Ocean, genie mac, definitely a very unsettled week to come after a relatively dry start to August.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Oh joy rain has arrived early
    Still not had back to back dry days since end of June

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Met eireann reports- Newport Co.Mayo , 20 degrees at 10pm. that'll do nicely :)

Started raining here at Grange unusually earlier than expected.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Very mild at 18.1C here near Tralee

no measurable rainfall yet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Bright moon in a clear sky here, ahead of a rubbish day tomorrow

Very mild at 18.1C here near Tralee

no measurable rainfall yet

Rain was expected for your area tonight but I'm getting it :p and I was expecting it tomorrow.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Rain was expected for your area tonight but I'm getting it :p and I was expecting it tomorrow.

Not long here now before we get a soaking, a few showers making it well inland all right.

GdcZKZz.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Temperatures on the rise here now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

20C over parts of the east still.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Hello rain!
    After an absolutely glorious two days here in Achill the heavy rain has just started falling. It was drizzly all night but this is the real McCoy.

Ah well. Good while it lasted :-/

Athenry got the highest max yesterday with 25.5c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Athenry got the highest max yesterday with 25.5c.

It seemed nearly a degree warmer in Athenry than in Galway city, according to my car thermometer coming home yesterday evening.
    That must have been due to the breeze from galway bay hitting the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

It seemed nearly a degree warmer in Athenry than in Galway city, according to my car thermometer coming home yesterday evening.
    That must have been due to the breeze from galway bay hitting the city.

I had to plant a load of hedges yday due to the upcoming bad weather
    And it was HOT

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

starting to rain here, much cooler now at only 17C.

The next week to 10 days is looking highly unsettled, could be the most rain that many paarts of the east has seen in 1-2 months. We may have to wait till 1st week of September for the last blast of summer.

Gonzo wrote: »
    starting to rain here, much cooler now at only 17C.

The next week to 10 days is looking highly unsettled, could be the most rain that many paarts of the east has seen in 1-2 months. We may have to wait till 1st week of September for the last blast of summer.

I think it will be actually welcome to my area as though May and June were wet overall here, there has been a large lack of very wet days and it is the first time since 2013 that I have had this problem. Haven't had any proper wet weather since mid-April which was god awful but I guess this lack of very wet days was what Mother Nature made up for the Winter of 2015/16.

Of course parts of Ireland have seen some very wet days since mid-April with June 13/14, July 9 and August 1 coming to mind.

The west now deserve a break tbh and we get a wet spell.

Still hanging on to the dry weather in north meath, had less then 5mins drizzle earlier, but nothing since, cloudy breezy and mild

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

our climate summed up in a single satellite image! :D

WEB_sat_vis_eur.jpg

Still hanging on to the dry weather in north meath, had less then 5mins drizzle earlier, but nothing since, cloudy breezy and mild

similar here, thought it was gonna lash but didn't amount to much more than 5 minutes of heavy drops which only half wet the ground.

• Advertisement

Steady rain here now for the last half hour, i hate rain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

Steady rain here now for the last half hour, i hate rain
    I don't mind rain when it's so still. Here in south Dublin it's been raining all day more or less, but with the warm enough temps and lack of wind it reminds me of a kind of crappy day in the tropics.

It's the wind and rain I hate here. That's depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

KungPao wrote: »
    I don't mind rain when it's so still. Here in south Dublin it's been raining all day more or less, but with the warm enough temps and lack of wind it reminds me of a kind of crappy day in the tropics.

It's the wind and rain I hate here. That's depressing.

The gales with driving rain is the weather I do like! I find wet windless day to be depressing.

Anyway, in Shannon at the moment and there's a big patch of blue in the sky, very bright out. This must be the clearance.

horrible afternoon here now, very wet and miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

ukmaxtemp.png

Life's not really fair.low to mid 20s across Southern England from now till the end of August.

Yeah it is still looking like Summer will be late and will start in September, jk lol but seriously, no surprise that the back to school week is looking good according to the long range forecast. We are due one anyway because last year's back to school week was very cool and fairly miserable. In fact, it may look like a throwback to the 1991 back to school week which was the warmest on record with plenty of sunshine and places reached the mid 20s widely.

Oi, there's still August to go. And we haven't had a warm August since 2013 and an August with high temperatures over 28c since 2006. We are overdue a warm August.

I spoke too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I was expecting a wet day but instead just 0.8mm of rain today, humid with a high of 18.3C, down 6.4C on yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

We have had over 25mm of rain in Castlebar since midnight, worth it though for the lovely two days he had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

What an unbelievable change between yesterday and today.

Yesterday was a beautiful sunny hot day and now today it's about 12 degrees colder, overcast and lashing rain.

Advertisement