Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Max of 23.9C recorded at 16.19 making today the warmest day of the year so far in Galway city also

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Lumi wrote: »
    Max of 23.9C recorded at 16.19 making today the warmest day of the year so far in Galway city also

A max of 23.8c here at Grange makes the 5th June the warmest day of the year so far here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I wonder if we will pay for this great start.....

The jet is due home soon and it will take some budging to get rid of it again.

Hope I'm wrong.

LEIN wrote: »
    I wonder if we will pay for this great start.....

The jet is due home soon and it will take some budging to get rid of it again.

Hope I'm wrong.

I have high expectations that this jet won't be here for as long as you think.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I have high expectations that this jet won't be here for as long as you think.

Agreed in the short term but I'm talking in the medium to long term summer.

• Advertisement

LEIN wrote: »
    Agreed in the short therm but I'm talking in the medium to long therm summer.

I'm talking full term :pac::D

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I'm talking full term :pac::D

Love your optimism :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Still 19C currently in Castlebar with the humidity creeping into the 80s, temperature topped out at 25.7C today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

still 18C here in Meath, first really warm evening of the summer, previous evenings during this warm spell saw temps as low as 6 and 7c by this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

Gonzo wrote:
    still 18C here in Meath, first really warm evening of the summer, previous evenings during this warm spell saw temps as low as 6 and 7c by this time.

Yeah agreed. I as sitting out in Westport in shorts and tshirt at 11pm. Other evenings it cooled considerably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

So ME saying liklihood of heavy showers for Galway. Yr.no says a dry day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Beautiful warm sunny morning. You could cut the air with a knife however its so humid

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Discodog wrote: »
    So ME saying liklihood of heavy showers for Galway. Yr.no says a dry day.

Galway is a pretty big county!

I am sure east Galway is probably in the firing line for some heavy showers today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Lovely morning. Very mild with only a light breeze, some cumulus clouds here and there over the sea with the odd sunny break. Feeling very summery. Not expecting much convection-wise here on the coast due to cloud direction but will be keeping an eye out anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Foggy here in Dungarvan.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Foggy here in Dungarvan.

You might have thunder fog soon. ;)

A warm start here in Dublin 16. 21.5c already with good (but a little hazy) sunshine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

DOCARCH wrote: »
    You might have thunder fog soon. ;)

A warm start here in Dublin 16. 21.5c already with good (but a little hazy) sunshine.

Would be great to be in the path of that cell heading towards Wexford/Waterford. Some small showers starting to bubble up further North in the Irish sea also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Foggy here in Dungarvan.

Thinking of heading that way any improvement since

Well needed drop of rain in Greystones atm.

Thinking of heading that way any improvement since

Not really, sun almost came out for a while but its stuck behind low cloud, warm now but still a little misty.

• Advertisement

Not really, sun almost came out for a while but its stuck behind low cloud, warm now but still a little misty.

Thanks a million think I'll stay put so. It's hazy here too but more sun and warm. Don't want to drive 45 mins for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

Beautiful, warm and sunny in north Kildare now

Thanks a million think I'll stay put so. It's hazy here too but more sun and warm. Don't want to drive 45 mins for nothing.

Jaysus your lucky you didn't, dense sea fog just moved in, very humid but cool. Still okay for shorts though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Feels a lot cooler in galway today
    Cloudy and a slight breeze

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Too much cloud caught up in the flow over Ireland today. Don't see where any activity outside of some imports/Irish sea spawns are going to occur as of yet? Feel free to educate.

Here in Sligo town it feels cold under cloud in the breeze,doesn't feel humid at all so far compared to it feeling very warm this time yesterday. Doesn't feel like a day where Thundery showers are going to happen here anyway. But the day is young and we'll see if we can get the sun out for a bit and drive some strong convection.

EDIT: Finally had a spell of sunshine there and the cloud cover broke up and went from total low murky cloud to revealing some nice towers in the area. Still not feeling warm, it is overly breezy for a 'light'' breeze day.

Jaysus your lucky you didn't, dense sea fog just moved in, very humid but cool. Still okay for shorts though.

Thanks a million much appreciated.

Just received all of the rain that didn't happen over the past few weeks in space of 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

very warm and sunny in north meath, time to hit the beach

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

22.3C in Castlebar, blue skies starting to poke their head out through the clouds, humidity is only 55% which is quite low for the day thats in it.

Advertisement