Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Gorgeous day here now in the summer that just keeps on giving over this way
    Currently 22.8 c

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a peach of a day 21C and sunny. Wasn't expecting this. Tomorrow will be a washout but Wednesday, Thursday and Friday aren't looking too bad in the east. about 18-21C and mostly dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

A high of 22C, a much better day than I thought it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

ArKl0w wrote: »
    Gorgeous day here now in the summer that just keeps on giving over this way
    Currently 22.8 c

I agree. It's been a fairly decent summer in Arklow. Warm and dry for most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Amazing day in Clare, not forecast at all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Lovely, sunny day in Galway city
    Currently 17.9C from an earlier high of 19.1C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

MJohnston wrote: »
    I said that the summer 'in the Pale' hasn't been crappy. Today is a different matter, I'm sure there's as much variation in that area as in all of Ireland, although I suspect most of the rain was gone by 9-10am, and it's been a pretty lovely day since then.

It was in response to your comment about the weather this morning, I got wet, twice, between 9 and 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I heard a rain shower here in Dublin around 5.30am but it was dry when I woke up at 7 and has turned into a sunny breezy day. A nice day for working outside. So far I've only been affected by rain on Saturday (just light drizzle) and late Friday evening. Can't remember the previous time we had daytime rain - a Saturday in late June perhaps.

The weather is very varied across this country and even locally when it comes to rain showers. Everyone seems happy enough with the Summer here - kids not stuck inside and we've had around 6/7 beach days. It's fairly forgettable but by no means bad.

I know weather varies but I don't believe you had no rain at day time since June. For example last week I drove from Swords to Wicklow around rush hour and it rained the full trip. Saturday the rain was very heavy and very regular in West and North Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Hot day today, max of 25.6C in a light breeze.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Yep I hit a max of 23.4c today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

rain tonight now seems to be further west than originally forecast moving the very heavy stuff over me
    lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

was just thinking the same km79, looks further west alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

was just thinking the same km79, looks further west alright!

And let it stay there

pad199207 wrote: »
    And let it stay there

I have to disagree, I want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I have to disagree, I want it.

and I want ye to have it :p
    looks like a lot of rain that is really not needed here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

sorry pad, its now taking a direct track for kildare ;)

km79 wrote: »
    and I want ye to have it :p
    looks like a lot of rain that is really not needed here

My area deserves another good downpour, wet day like Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I know weather varies but I don't believe you had no rain at day time since June. For example last week I drove from Swords to Wicklow around rush hour and it rained the full trip. Saturday the rain was very heavy and very regular in West and North Dublin.

I didn't say I had no daytime rain since June - I said I can't remember any. I work outside 4 days a week and usually spend another two out and about but it's possible I missed some or have forgotten it. I certainly haven't been affected by much rain this summer.

Anyway, I'm not interested in trying to convince anyone, just reporting my experiences same as you. Funnily enough I've no problem believing you found Saturday wet but the fact is, I experienced only intermittent drizzle here until around 6/7pm. I live less than 2 miles from my family and regularly we have totally different experiences of getting wet or not.

sorry pad, its now taking a direct track for kildare ;)

I take it back. The BBC just showed it slap bang over Leinster overnight!

I take it back. The BBC just showed it slap bang over Leinster overnight!

Which is perfect!

• Advertisement

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Which is perfect!

Sryanbruen your something else you really are :p

Sryanbruen your something else you really are :p

I want to have a remarkably wet August here since it's already wetter than normal, I don't want an unremarkable wet one like last year. I also want more rain just so I can max my points in the forecast contest :D because I said 110% of the LTA for August rainfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Hurricane alert!!! Ok, it will be an ex-tropical storm if it even gets as far as us but this is appearing on all charts. I can remember "Gordon" in Sept '06 bringing very warm weather.

gfs-0-192.png?12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Supercell wrote: »
    Hot day today, max of 25.6C in a light breeze.

You should email Met Eireann
    They think it hit about 21

Hurricane alert!!! Ok, it will be an ex-tropical storm if it even gets as far as us but this is appearing on all charts. I can remember "Gordon" in Sept '06 bringing very warm weather.

gfs-0-192.png?12

I don't remember Gordon bringing very warm weather to Ireland, all I remember was over 70mm in parts of the west.

I remember Gordon during the Ryder cup and the amount of trees it brought down around here with lightning too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

A small but impressive bank of mammatus moved overhead here about 30 mins ago. Quite high based too.

New Moon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

really not looking forward to tomorrow's downpours, had enough rain already this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    A small but impressive bank of mammatus moved overhead here about 30 mins ago. Quite high based too.

I was just watching them. Fiery red skies and a small bunch of mammatus - pretty unusual without any precip. but very pretty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Wouldn't be surprised if there were a few sparks around Kerry or W.Cork with the echos on ME right now.

WEB_radar4_201608222045.png

Advertisement